Notices

1999 Integra GSR Jackson racing supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Integra GSR Jackson racing supercharged

Hey,

I posting here to see what ppl experiences are with there Jackson racing superchargers and the power they got out of it.

Here's my setup-

Fully rebuilt GSR
B16 trans
Eagle H-Beam rods
10:1 JE pistons
GSR Cams
Skunk2 dual valve springs and retainers
Brian Crower valves
Skunk2 LMA
Supertech valve seals
DC sport header
Test pipe
Yonaka 2.5" exhaust (I like quiet)
Jackson racing supercharger (10 psi)
AEM water/meth injection
AEM fuel rail and regulator
255 fuel pump
ID 1000cc injectors
Hondata s300 v3

What are ppl experience with power with jrsc. And what you guys think on how much power I should get out of it with this setup

Note: this is my setup and in my car. Didn't take it to the dyno yet
Old 05-09-2014, 03:32 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: 1999 Integra GSR Jackson racing supercharged

not too much, at least not with a 10psi pulley and no intercooler.

maybe 250-260ish hp
Old 05-09-2014, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wantboost
not too much, at least not with a 10psi pulley and no intercooler.

maybe 250-260ish hp
That's what I was expecting. That's good enough for me. And I have the water/meth to cool the air
Old 05-09-2014, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably more like 210-220whp or so with that dc sports header.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wego5typer#431
Probably more like 210-220whp or so with that dc sports header.
Why do you say that?
Old 05-09-2014, 04:25 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

oh didn't see that. supercharged motors don't like long primary headers, they like short primaries like the kamikaze header.

add in the small 2.25" outlet and it becomes a restriction

also for a set of gsr cams you don't need any of that valvetrain. it's a waste of money. especially when you won't be making enough power to justify the expense and you won't be revving that motor that high because you won't make any top end power really, the JRSC is only good for low end and some midrange. unless you plan on porting the blower, running a smaller blower pulley and a stepper system, an intercooler along with a serious set of cams I suggest you use that money elsewhere.

100% stock valvetrain is more than enough for the power and rpm range you'll be using.

also 1000cc injectors are total overkill, you don't need more than 450s for the power you'll make.

a comparison done years back on a stock gsr tested a stock JRSC kit vs a stock drag turbo kit. the JRSC made more power from idle to 3000 but after that the turbo kit took off and never looked back. made over 100hp more and had boatloads more midrange.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh didn't see that. supercharged motors don't like long primary headers, they like short primaries like the kamikaze header.

add in the small 2.25" outlet and it becomes a restriction

also for a set of gsr cams you don't need any of that valvetrain. it's a waste of money. especially when you won't be making enough power to justify the expense and you won't be revving that motor that high because you won't make any top end power really, the JRSC is only good for low end and some midrange. unless you plan on porting the blower, running a smaller blower pulley and a stepper system, an intercooler along with a serious set of cams I suggest you use that money elsewhere.

100% stock valvetrain is more than enough for the power and rpm range you'll be using.

also 1000cc injectors are total overkill, you don't need more than 450s for the power you'll make.

a comparison done years back on a stock gsr tested a stock JRSC kit vs a stock drag turbo kit. the JRSC made more power from idle to 3000 but after that the turbo kit took off and never looked back. made over 100hp more and had boatloads more midrange.
I got ID 1000cc cause just in case I wanna go turbo next winter built I don't have to get new injectors. Depending on the tuner I'm not actually spaying that much lol
Old 05-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

That makes sense because I can tell you that no matter what you do with that JRSC you'll never get close to running out of injector

another option is to get an Eaton M90 and have it ported. with a crv crank pulley, a stepper pulley, and small blower pulley you could easy run 14psi+ with an intercooler and make at least 300hp. run at least 550cc/min of methanol and you could make more

another option is to locate a new Eaton tvs, with it's advanced rotor design, tighter rotor lobe and housing clearances, advanced housing design, and coated rotors. you would have a super efficient setup however they aren't cheap

be forewarned. running methanol before the blower has caused all sorts of issues. it easily and rapidly destroys rotor coatings. it can pool inside the blower which is a huge issue, and no matter how or where you inject it, aside from a direct port style setup with one nozzle in each runner after the blower, you'll have uneven methanol distribution given the JRSC intake plenum design.

the runners are only like 2" long with very little in the way of promoting even air flow to all cylinders.

believe it or not but when running a 50/50 ratio of methanol and distilled water vs just distilled water you don't really see a difference.

we datalogged our friends supercharged lotus exige today with his new aem water meth kit. Running a 550cc/min nozzle with 50/50 boost juice at a lower injection rate vs straight water and a higher injection rate we saw no difference in overall IATs. there was only a few degrees difference. what not a lot of people realize is that even with a 50/50 mix and even though it vaporized when it leaves the nozzle the motor still burns the methanol like fuel. we saw the car get half a point (.5) richer with a low injection rate so that has to be addressed during tuning.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Daylightly
Why do you say that?
Before I went turbo my old jrsc setup was

Stock B18c5
Jrsc @ 7 lbs
Asp stepper pulley
Aem cai
Rc 440 injectors
Lht header
Kteller 2.5 " exhaust
Hondata s300
Act street clutch
Tuned on a mustang dyno netted me 225whp 158tq
Intake temps were around 180-90 deg
With your setup your intake temps are going to be sky high, & it will be difficult for you to achieve 250-260whp without going with the Lht intercooler.
Have you datalogged your intake temps yet?
Old 05-12-2014, 05:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Before I went turbo my old jrsc setup was

Stock B18c5
Jrsc @ 7 lbs
Asp stepper pulley
Aem cai
Rc 440 injectors
Lht header
Kteller 2.5 " exhaust
Hondata s300
Act street clutch
Tuned on a mustang dyno netted me 225whp 158tq
Intake temps were around 180-90 deg
With your setup your intake temps are going to be sky high, & it will be difficult for you to achieve 250-260whp without going with the Lht intercooler.
Have you datalogged your intake temps yet?
I bumbed up to 14 psi. And I'm doing water/meth injection for the heat problems. And I am gonna datalog my intake temps
Old 05-12-2014, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not to rain on your parade, but @ 14 psig that blower will be spinning past 15k rpm, the max is around 14k on a stock un ported blower.
You really should consider the Lht intercooler if you plan on running anywhere near that much boost with the JRSC. Intake temps for your setup will be upwards of 250 deg F, and the feedback that I have read says that the AEM methanol injection system will not lower your temps enough.
I suggest you check out the JRSC thread & read it through, it is very long but there is a wealth of knowledge there
Old 05-12-2014, 11:06 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

be forewarned. running methanol before the blower has caused all sorts of issues. it easily and rapidly destroys rotor coatings. it can pool inside the blower which is a huge issue, and no matter how or where you inject it, aside from a direct port style setup with one nozzle in each runner after the blower, you'll have uneven methanol distribution given the JRSC intake plenum design. the runners are only like 2" long with very little in the way of promoting even air flow to all cylinders

believe it or not but when running a 50/50 ratio of methanol and distilled water vs just distilled water you don't really see a difference

we datalogged our friends supercharged lotus exige today with his new aem water meth kit. Running a 550cc/min nozzle with 50/50 boost juice at a lower injection rate vs straight water and a higher injection rate we saw no difference in overall IATs. there was only a few degrees difference. what not a lot of people realize is that even with a 50/50 mix and even though it vaporized when it leaves the nozzle the motor still burns the methanol like fuel. we saw the car get half a point (.5) richer with a low injection rate so that has to be addressed during tuning.
I'll quote this again to reiterate my point.
If you run 2 gallons per hour or more of methanol/water injection preblower you will erode the coating off of the rotors with a quickness.

losing the coating means a loss of efficiency, airflow, and much hotter post blower IATs.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I stripped the coating from the rotors on my lightning. The coating just flakes off and clogs the intercooler over time anyways.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:18 PM
R.I.P. Mark

where to start
10 psi melting heat 230f flame throwing 210hp
14 psi melting heat 270f flame throwing 240hp

non ported blower ..way outside its abilitys
header is going to choke it and over scavange

water meth is like a band aid for cancer .. not gong to help you

Here's my setup- DayLightly
comments re JRSC setup
Fully rebuilt GSR
B16 trans
Eagle H-Beam rods over kill
10:1 JE pistons not needed
GSR Cams CTR / ITR exh works better
Skunk2 dual valve springs and retainers over kill
Brian Crower valves over kill
Skunk2 LMA
Supertech valve seals
DC sport header
Test pipe
Yonaka 2.5" exhaust (I like quiet) chokeing it
AEM water/meth injection
255 fuel pump not needed
ID 1000cc injectors over kill 450 -550 max
Hondata s300 v3

Wantboost .. do a little more reserch and clean up your comments PLS
Old 05-13-2014, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MRGRIM
where to start
10 psi melting heat 230f flame throwing 210hp
14 psi melting heat 270f flame throwing 240hp

non ported blower ..way outside its abilitys
header is going to choke it and over scavange

water meth is like a band aid for cancer .. not gong to help you

Here's my setup- DayLightly
comments re JRSC setup
Fully rebuilt GSR
B16 trans
Eagle H-Beam rods over kill
10:1 JE pistons not needed
GSR Cams CTR / ITR exh works better
Skunk2 dual valve springs and retainers over kill
Brian Crower valves over kill
Skunk2 LMA
Supertech valve seals
DC sport header
Test pipe
Yonaka 2.5" exhaust (I like quiet) chokeing it
AEM water/meth injection
255 fuel pump not needed
ID 1000cc injectors over kill 450 -550 max
Hondata s300 v3

Wantboost .. do a little more reserch and clean up your comments PLS
When the motor hit 200,000 I stuck it in my garage and rebuilt the motor. I wasn't gonna rebuild it with OEM parts. I wanted forged parts for future plans if supercharger doesn't satisfy me. Nothing I did was overkill cause I have the money for it and it was a rebuild. I got ID 1000cc injectors because if I ever go turbo. I don't have to spend more money on injectors. I'm not actually gonna be spraying the injector 100%. My tuner is just gonna use what it's needed. Same with fuel pump. I'm gonna have a regulator. Nothing I did was overkill. It's just for any future plans. Less money spent for later.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not to rain on your parade, but @ 14 psig that blower will be spinning past 15k rpm, the max is around 14k on a stock un ported blower.
You really should consider the Lht intercooler if you plan on running anywhere near that much boost with the JRSC. Intake temps for your setup will be upwards of 250 deg F, and the feedback that I have read says that the AEM methanol injection system will not lower your temps enough.
I suggest you check out the JRSC thread & read it through, it is very long but there is a wealth of knowledge there
If I have to I will send the manifold out for the LHT setup. At the duno, if I have to, I will put the stock crank pulley back on and run 10 psi if temps get the hot. My tuner is gonna only have the water/meth spray when I am at full throttle. I read stuff on the thread. I know about the heat problems. I have friends that ran 12 psi just fine with no heat problems with the water/meth. But like I said, if I have to, I will get the LHT setup.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:42 AM
R.I.P. Mark

my comments where purely related to the JRSC current setup not your future plans
so dont take them the wrong way
but the 2 problems remain for good power levels the Exhaust cam and the header apart from the heat that your aware of already
Old 05-13-2021, 10:46 AM
Trial User

[QUOTE = Daylightly; 49709096] Ei,

estou postando aqui para ver o que as experiências de pessoas estão com os superchargers de corrida Jackson e a potência que eles tiraram deles.

Aqui está a minha configuração -

Totalmente reconstruída GSR
B16 trans
Eagle H-Beam hastes
10: 1 Pistões JE
GSR Cams
Skunk2 molas de válvula dupla e retentores
Brian Crower válvulas
Skunk2 LMA
Supertech Vedações de válvula
Cabeçalho esportivo DC
Tubo de teste
Yonaka 2,5 "escapamento (eu gosto de silencioso)
Jackson turbocompressor de corrida (10
AEM trilho de combustível e regulador
255 bomba de combustível
ID 1000cc injetores
Hondata s300 v3

Quais são a experiência do ppl com o poder com jrsc. E o que vocês acham de quanta potência eu devo tirar com essa configuração

Nota: esta é a minha configuração e no meu carro. Ainda não levei para o dinamômetro [/ QUOTE]
Old 05-13-2021, 01:41 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Esta é uma configuração padrão que é a mesma há mais de 20 anos. A maioria das pessoas tem a polia de 6 psi e, portanto, gera cerca de 220 cavalos de potência para as rodas. Isso pressupõe que você não está usando o refrigerador para evitar que o calor exegit se torne um problema