Notices

11sec Street cars?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 11sec Street cars?

OK im just wondering if anyone here is running 11's or quicker in there Street car. im talking about you drive it everyday, everywhere.
If so that mean you have a 5point Cage correct?
Now does that get alot of attention?
Im thinking about putting in a cage in my car but im about 75% sure i wanna do it but its not like im going to the track every month. I might go to the track maybe 5times a year. Also my car is a 99-00Si coupe.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 11sec Street cars? (Soon_2b_evil)

if you wanna go that fast you dont have a choice. youll get on chance to slow down then they throw you out.

what do you mean attract lots of attention? im sure people arent gonna stop you on the street and be like woa dude, is that a cage in your car? lol.

but yess you need atleast a 5pt roll bar, fire jacket , harness, helmet and scattershield to dip into the 11's.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:47 PM
fjt
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 11sec Street cars? (itr206)

Well if you do a one time 11 sec pass on the track and you leave and never race it at that track u can have a 11 sec street car and not have a roll cage...I know someone that after hitting his first 11 sec run he never went to the track again..he just kept on the street races..he didnt want to kill the sleeper factor and going again to the track meant he couldnt run again w/o all the security requirements needed--->roll cage
Old 05-19-2004, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My 2000 si runs 11's and has the appropriate saftey equipment (5 point cage). I drive my wife and two kids around in it. Truthfully it is a little impractical to slide over the door bar and strap on the harness when doing alot of running around town. It also is not my only car.

As for attention, I do get alot of strange looks but nothing negitive just curious.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 11sec Street cars? (fjt)

I am hoping have 11 sec soon
Old 05-19-2004, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 11sec Street cars? (franciscop)

damn getting kids into it must suck . . . well depends on age. my friend takes his 5yrs old out , its funny to strap him up in the harness., he loves it. you can barely see his head over the freaking door. lol.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:16 PM

Yea, i am in a similar dilima with the cage. I have a 4 door, and i am afraid that having the cage will pretty much eliminate the convience of having a four door, which i like. I should definantly have the power and traction to go 11's, but lack all the safety equipment excpet a helmet.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:29 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can always get swing arms in the front and keep ur stock seat belts hooked up to make the car more practical as a daily driver.. As for using the backseats w/ a cage.. A cage is built to save the driver's life, ironically enough, if u were in an accident w/ passengers in the backseats, they would likely die cause of it.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:49 PM

Default Re: 11sec Street cars? (DIRep972)

Havn't been to the track yet in my car, but if it didn't go 11's i'd shoot myself. PT67, 84MM GSR with 9.5:1 JE's and crower rods, fully ported head, victor X intake, etc. Just finished installing my monkey bars, i'll let you know how it goes J/K, I have a safety 21 full cage coming, and I do drive my car basically every day to work. Cages are a bit of a pain for a while, but you get used to it after a few weeks.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:56 PM
Brrraaaap!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 11sec Street cars? (boosted92)

The more I think about driving a car with the potential to hit 12s (my goals is 12s anyways) or even 11s in the 1/4 mile everyday, practicality starts hitting me in the head. I mean that is way awsome that you can do that. I would have the issue that I would not be able to keep my foot off the pedal. I am having the same issue with a 15 sec car as it is. Is it worse with a car that can go that fast or do you just realize that your car is stupid fast and dont get on it unless you know its safe? Or is it all self control? For this reason I am seriously debating turning my CRX in to a track car and using my Acura as my DD.... Sorry for sort of highjacking the thread... Any insight would be awsome.

tia

Blaze
Old 05-19-2004, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Alot of tracks like our local ones use NHRA rules but are not as strict as some as to make you have a cage to run at 11.99. If you have a helmet and car is safe you will be fine. I have seen many 10 second cars with little more than a helmet. Heck there are tons of Cobras with minor bolt on's running 11's and very few have a cage.
Old 05-19-2004, 04:41 PM

Default Re: 11sec Street cars? (Blaze45)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blaze45 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The more I think about driving a car with the potential to hit 12s (my goals is 12s anyways) or even 11s in the 1/4 mile everyday, practicality starts hitting me in the head. I mean that is way awsome that you can do that. I would have the issue that I would not be able to keep my foot off the pedal. I am having the same issue with a 15 sec car as it is. Is it worse with a car that can go that fast or do you just realize that your car is stupid fast and dont get on it unless you know its safe? Or is it all self control? For this reason I am seriously debating turning my CRX in to a track car and using my Acura as my DD.... Sorry for sort of highjacking the thread... Any insight would be awsome.

tia

Blaze</TD></TR></TABLE>

When you have a fast car or any car you have to have self control because you are putting yourself and others at risk every time you do something stupid. People with fast cars tend to not get on their cars as much because it is a hell of lot more expensive, and generally a higher rate of breakage for those cars. Plus with gas prices these days i don't even wanna see boost.
Old 05-19-2004, 04:58 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<FONT COLOR="red">tyler has a street car that ran the best time of 10.3.....in a h22a/ek...and i looks sooooo simple no CF, no Lexan, stock cams, ect...</FONT>
Old 05-19-2004, 05:41 PM
Banned

Default Re: 11sec Street cars? (Blaze45)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blaze45 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The more I think about driving a car with the potential to hit 12s (my goals is 12s anyways) or even 11s in the 1/4 mile everyday, practicality starts hitting me in the head. I mean that is way awsome that you can do that. I would have the issue that I would not be able to keep my foot off the pedal. I am having the same issue with a 15 sec car as it is. Is it worse with a car that can go that fast or do you just realize that your car is stupid fast and dont get on it unless you know its safe? Or is it all self control? For this reason I am seriously debating turning my CRX in to a track car and using my Acura as my DD.... Sorry for sort of highjacking the thread... Any insight would be awsome.

tia

Blaze</TD></TR></TABLE>

You just don't have the room to open up an 11 second car on most places on the street. I am lucky if I get to run out 2 gears on my motorcycle in a typicall day.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:22 PM

Default Re: (nsxmatt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Alot of tracks like our local ones use NHRA rules but are not as strict as some as to make you have a cage to run at 11.99. If you have a helmet and car is safe you will be fine. I have seen many 10 second cars with little more than a helmet. Heck there are tons of Cobras with minor bolt on's running 11's and very few have a cage.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeha ive noticed that actually. My friend had a 10sec RX7 and all the guy(tech) did was look at the car and he said its fine to run. I mean he had a 6point cage and the power cut-off switch in the back. The tech guy didnt touch anything or even look that hard. just took a walk around the car and said its Fine to run. That was just a small event tho. Im thinking a event like Battle of the Imports the Techs would be touger.

So im thinking maybe i can run some 11sec pass, get my Slips and then not have to do it again.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Soon_2b_evil)

im deciding weather or not to put a cage in my project del sol as we speak. Its a fully built 2 liter gsr bottom end, gsr head with ctr intake and an itr exhaust, t3/t4 intercooler blah blah, but i cant decide weather or not to put a cage in it. The car should be a high 11 low 12 sec car, but im not hardcare into drag racing, but i will go up 2 or 3 times a year. I just dont know if its worth the pain and the cash to put a cage in it. Its my second car, but will still be concidered daily driven. I cant decide if its worth it or not...
Old 05-20-2004, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Soon_2b_evil &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OK im just wondering if anyone here is running 11's or quicker in there Street car. im talking about you drive it everyday, everywhere.
If so that mean you have a 5point Cage correct?
Now does that get alot of attention?
Im thinking about putting in a cage in my car but im about 75% sure i wanna do it but its not like im going to the track every month. I might go to the track maybe 5times a year. Also my car is a 99-00Si coupe.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i just ran 11's in my hatch last week,and i have no roll cage. but i know i'm going to have to get one.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:20 PM

Default Re: 11sec Street cars? (PBOOSTIN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PBOOSTIN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i just ran 11's in my hatch last week,and i have no roll cage. but i know i'm going to have to get one.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Kool. Yeha im still deciding
Old 05-20-2004, 07:14 PM

IHRA you can go 11.49 before you need a cage