Notices

11:1 CR turbo on 8lbs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 11:1 CR turbo on 8lbs?

i did some research already but couldnt find a sure answer. right now im running a gsr block with pr3 pistons and bc3+ cams PP itr head. friend selling a turbo kit for cheap and was wondering if i can hit 300whp DD pump gas? i got 310cc and fuel pump. any input be apprecaited
Old 08-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 11:1 CR turbo on 8lbs? (Krucial_Ek9)

it can be done. u will need bigger injectors. what size turbo is it? i wouldnt try to oush over 270whp on that setup. make sure whoever tunes it tunes it very conservative
Old 08-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i havnt decided on the turbo yet, what would best suit this setup? t3/t4?
Old 08-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here is 341whp on 10psi itr motor driven for almost 2 years
Old 08-10-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: (Krucial_Ek9)

just don't go crazy with the amount of pressure your gonna run. the dynamic pressure is gonna be crazy if you did the math...
Old 08-11-2007, 01:54 PM
i ♥ snails

stop talking using psi, it doesnt mean anything if you dont tell us what turbo.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:46 AM

Default Re: (quicksilver1689)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quicksilver1689 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">stop talking using psi, it doesnt mean anything if you dont tell us what turbo. </TD></TR></TABLE>

PSI is PSI oh and i like the quote you stole in your sig.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (needmypass)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by needmypass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

PSI is PSI oh and i like the quote you stole in your sig.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not true, larger turbos will flow more air more efficiently at a given psi.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:50 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by needmypass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just don't go crazy with the amount of pressure your gonna run. the dynamic pressure is gonna be crazy if you did the math...</TD></TR></TABLE>

You mean dynamic compression, dumbass

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by needmypass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah okay
Old 08-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just stop talking man.... You are making yourself look real stupid right now
Old 08-12-2007, 08:05 PM

Default Re: (GetawayInMoscow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GetawayInMoscow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You mean dynamic compression, dumbass

Yeah okay </TD></TR></TABLE>

opps yea that's what i meant and yea the quote is from MAXIMUM BOOST by:corkey bell

have you read it? he really does say that.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:05 PM

Default Re: (Tony the Tiger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tony the Tiger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just stop talking man.... You are making yourself look real stupid right now</TD></TR></TABLE>

how so?
Old 08-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

because 10psi from a t25 turbo is a lot diffrent than 10 psi from a gt42r
Old 08-13-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Re: (1Quikgsr)

I doesn't matter how much PSI what turbo makes! 8 PSI to the motor is 8 PSI. The motor doesn't know the difference.
To the original question....If your going to run 8 PSI on (whatever turbo) on 11:1 compression your looking at a bit off detination. I am out of detination on my motor running 23 PSI on 9.25:1 compression. My max boost attempted on the dyno was 30 PSI with no problems or threats of engine failure. Read the Max Boost book by: Corky Bell. Good info in there and very good charts!
Hope this helps you.
Peter
Somers Racing Inovations
Old 08-13-2007, 12:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Somers Racing Inovations)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Somers Racing Inovations &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I doesn't matter how much PSI what turbo makes! 8 PSI to the motor is 8 PSI. The motor doesn't know the difference.
To the original question....If your going to run 8 PSI on (whatever turbo) on 11:1 compression your looking at a bit off detination. I am out of detination on my motor running 23 PSI on 9.25:1 compression. My max boost attempted on the dyno was 30 PSI with no problems or threats of engine failure. Read the Max Boost book by: Corky Bell. Good info in there and very good charts!
Hope this helps you.
Peter
Somers Racing Inovations</TD></TR></TABLE>

your not understand right, if you throw 8psi from a smaller turbo its going to be diffrent than 8psi from a bigger turbo, sure its still 8 psi but thats not the case whp is the case, **** he can 15 psi from a t25 turbo just as long as he stays within the safe whp limit... psi doesnt mean much.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:41 AM

Default Re: (1Quikgsr)

I understand perfectly! You can't make WHP if your boosting to high and running into detination! Detination is the melting down of your pistons. No pistons, no HP. I know that making 10 psi on a t25 is harder on the turbo (more speed and more back preasure at high rpm). I also know that on a huge turbo it doesn't have to work as hard (spin as fast) to make big power.
Any turbo will make more power. PSI does matter. Especially when your running 8 to 10 on 11:1 compression. How do you think HP is made? More flow and in a turbo's case PSI! The lower the compression the more power you will make in a turbo application due to the fact you can run more PSI, as long as you have the fuel delivery to make up for the more air being forced in. If you want to run the 11:1 compression with a turbo pushing 8-10psi, you can do it but you will need high octane fuel to slow the burn process down. (This keeps detination away)
Peter
Somers Racing Inovations
Old 08-13-2007, 01:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Somers Racing Inovations &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I understand perfectly! You can't make WHP if your boosting to high and running into detination! Detination is the melting down of your pistons. No pistons, no HP. I know that making 10 psi on a t25 is harder on the turbo (more speed and more back preasure at high rpm). I also know that on a huge turbo it doesn't have to work as hard (spin as fast) to make big power.
Any turbo will make more power. PSI does matter. Especially when your running 8 to 10 on 11:1 compression. How do you think HP is made? More flow and in a turbo's case PSI! The lower the compression the more power you will make in a turbo application due to the fact you can run more PSI, as long as you have the fuel delivery to make up for the more air being forced in. If you want to run the 11:1 compression with a turbo pushing 8-10psi, you can do it but you will need high octane fuel to slow the burn process down. (This keeps detination away)
Peter
Somers Racing Inovations</TD></TR></TABLE>

holy ****!

PSI is not PSI a bigger turbo will have more flow rate at teh same PSI then a smaller one...MORE AIR = MORE HP

people run high compression motors to extrat even more HP at a lower "psi" the tuner just has to be exact on his tune...with a lower compression motor you have a bigger margin of error...
Old 08-13-2007, 01:16 AM

Default Re: (The Lobster)

Explain to me how a lower compression motor has more margin of error?
I understand that a larger turbo will flow more volume at less psi.
Please explain your reasoning Lobster.
Peter
Somers Racing Inovations
Old 08-13-2007, 02:27 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Lower compression has more margin of error because:

1) You don't have to retard the **** out of your timing and sky rocket your EGTs

2) You are less likely to detonate (especially on pump gas) with 9.0:1 CR compared to 11.0:1.

Turbos increase dynamic compression, turbocharging a high CR motor is pointless because there are NO gains to be made and the cons outweigh the pros.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (GetawayInMoscow)

So much mis-information in here i don't know where to start... lol
Old 08-13-2007, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tony1)

psi is psi
Old 08-13-2007, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (Bailhatch)

That's a start to getting things straight. lol
Old 08-13-2007, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tony1)

lbs is psi

just wow !

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Somers Racing Inovations &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I build really fast turbocharged motors. Have been building since i knew how it all worked. (5 years) My father used to build N/A motors for drag racers and eventualy I was hooked and learning to build for myself. I am 20 years old and I own a nissan S13 (240) with an SR20 DET highly modified making 662WHP@ 9200RPM on 23psi boost.
I love cars, I love to build and I love to play. I am devoted to family and my g/f which has a strong intrest in going fast to. (thank god) I have built mostly nissan motors (CA18 N/A and (T), SR20 DE and (T), RB20 DET and RB26TT. I am about to start learning Honda's to expand my customer clientell. My father is retired and still builds the odd motor, now I have taken over the company full time and going to school part time in bussiness, auto mechanics, and parts design. My true calling is design and fabrication. I love to draw and produce products and have them put to use. Thats about it for now. Wanna know more? Ask! </TD></TR></TABLE>

sounds like you need some full time schooling ! a 20 yr old know it all. go figure !
Old 08-13-2007, 07:03 PM

Default Re: (dturbocivic)

all i was saying was 8psi on a smaller turbo is the same as 8psi on a larger turbo in terms of pressure not volume, doesn't matter what size. but i guess people took it wrong idk. people sure like to jump down people throats here to prove them wrong. i guess people get some sort of gratification from it. idk.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:30 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this thread makes my head hurt and i think we're all dumber having read it....thanks

Quick Reply: 11:1 CR turbo on 8lbs?