Notices

**built LS recommendations**

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 06:59 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **built LS recommendations**

sup guys...

its about that time that i am now considering gettin my engine rebuilt. this means more money spent and downtime unfortunately. i currently have a 94 ls motor...

what do you recommend for a reliable setup? upgrading the pistons, rings, and rods i know are a must. give me some good combos here.. and let me know if there are any things that i may be overlooking. i want to boost 9lbs safely and be able to squeeze out 12lbs at the track.

i heard JE pistons and eagle rods are a good combo.
Old 04-25-2002, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **built LS recommendations** (dlplayboy)

you can do that right now safely, dont spend a cent untill you want crazy power, the way your motor is right now if it breaks you can replace the motor for 500 or less, the rods cost that alone! LS does not any ignition retard until you start going over 9psi on 94RON, all you need is that stupid Mf2 or FPR and some check valves.
12 PSI take the cat out once all your stuff is set and let the O2 breath fresh air and run some VP fuel anything over 103 will be enough and you can still run full advance. there is just alot of tuning to make this bullet proof at 12psi, i used to run 15PSI all day stock, but the setup was trick.
Old 04-25-2002, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **built LS recommendations** (rtype11)

you can do that right now safely, dont spend a cent untill you want crazy power, the way your motor is right now if it breaks you can replace the motor for 500 or less, the rods cost that alone! LS does not any ignition retard until you start going over 9psi on 94RON, all you need is that stupid Mf2 or FPR and some check valves.
12 PSI take the cat out once all your stuff is set and let the O2 breath fresh air and run some VP fuel anything over 103 will be enough and you can still run full advance. there is just alot of tuning to make this bullet proof at 12psi, i used to run 15PSI all day stock, but the setup was trick.
fill us in.. how did you run 15psi all day on a stock block?
Old 04-25-2002, 07:29 AM

I look it like this. Ls will take max 10psi saftley. Anything over your pushing your luck. If you want to run 12 psi I agree dont rebuild just get a hondata stage2b and tune to hell and you can run 12 psi daily.
Old 04-25-2002, 07:49 AM
New User

Default Re: **built LS recommendations** (TurboSohc)

hahah i had that same idea... get a new motor. get the hondata and tune it. im just waitin til dustin, xerxes, or one of the guys become hondata gurus so they can tune my car. i can still give em some cash for the help and have a whole grip of money left. tuning is expensive! i just wanted to get some recommendations... i wanna build my motor so that i can turn up the juice in case i get the urge to race for pink slips.
Old 04-25-2002, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 4 different setups avail. on my site that you can check out.
Look at diff stages and the stage 3 is good for upto 15lbs of boost.(conservatively)
and for 15+lbs, I'd recommend a stage 4 block.
http://www.exospeed.com/store.htm

Wil
Old 04-25-2002, 09:40 AM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For what u want to do i would keep the block stock.. Thats basically the same thing im gonna do, 11psi tuned with hondata on stock block, maybe 14-15psi on race gas.. Im picking up an extra LS long block for 500 and ill have that ready.. When the new motor finally goes in, the old one will begin its build up and it will get everything.. I figure if im building a motor im not just goin for 300whp, because a stock block can handle 300whp, ill b goin for 400+.. u should do the same.
Old 04-25-2002, 12:30 PM
New User

Default Re: **built LS recommendations** (DIRep972)

I agree...
Don't build your motor if those are your only goals. Just keep the money for doing it handy if you do run 12 psi. Tuned with Hondata or another standalone, I don't see a problem with that.
Old 04-25-2002, 03:01 PM
New User

Default Re: **built LS recommendations** (DIRep972)

For what u want to do i would keep the block stock.. Thats basically the same thing im gonna do, 11psi tuned with hondata on stock block, maybe 14-15psi on race gas.. Im picking up an extra LS long block for 500 and ill have that ready.. When the new motor finally goes in, the old one will begin its build up and it will get everything.. I figure if im building a motor im not just goin for 300whp, because a stock block can handle 300whp, ill b goin for 400+.. u should do the same.
exactly why im asking... i plan to boost more.

well, til i do get a new motor... im changin out the waterpump and the belts on the one i already have. 132,000+ miles...