Notices

** Tuning in/near Missouri **

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ** Tuning in/near Missouri **

Well as I get closer to having everything I need to turbo my GSR I am more and more worried about choosing (or even finding) a tuner. The local honda/hondata guy can't tune the S200 systems yet so I need to find someone who can. And do a quality tune at that.

Can anyone speak for a tuner near me? Any good tuners like to travel and tune for less than a fortune? Help
Old 12-04-2004, 11:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ** Tuning in/near Missouri ** (jfoster)

I can tell you right now to never go to Forward Thrust Engineering in Lee's Summit, Missouri. PM me if you want details about them. I live in St. Louis and made the trip to Troy, Michigan to have Payn Technologies tune my car. Let me just say it was worth the drive.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ** Tuning in/near Missouri ** (zgrieger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zgrieger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can tell you right now to never go to Forward Thrust Engineering in Lee's Summit, Missouri. PM me if you want details about them. I live in St. Louis and made the trip to Troy, Michigan to have Payn Technologies tune my car. Let me just say it was worth the drive.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks. Yeah, they are pretty much the only place I know of. But I had talked to a guy who had his turbo B18C Civic tuned there and he didn't have anything good to say.

Most of the people here have this local guy do their tuning, but he can't tune the S200 systems yet...and doesn't know when he'll be able to....and I already bought a Hondata S200 system with the boost option.....now what???

I could trailer it to Payn, but that involves alot of gas and time and money and probably a hotel stay.....I wish I just lived in FL next to MASE
Old 12-05-2004, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm assuming you've talked to Tony about the tuning right?
I beleive Shane had s200 w/ boost and tony "tuned" it. If not get ahold of Tony and he could do it I'm sure.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:00 PM

well ****, my car is at forward thrust getting some stuff done, what's wrong with the place? he seems like a nice, professional guy to me.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:34 PM

Default Re: (brickonwheels)

Forward thrust...yeah, nice guy but doesn't know jack as far as I can tell from my conversation with him. Our conversation from when I talked to him about Hondata tuning:

me: "So, before you do the final dyno tuning, do I need to have an O2 bung installed in my downpipe for your wideband."

them: "No, you won't even need to do that. We can monitor the air/fuel ratios off of your car's stock O2 sensor. You won't need to do anything else."

me: (hang's up phone and shakes head)

Oh yeah, that and the fact that after I told him I wanted to tune to a Greddy kit at 10 psi daily driven, he responded by saying he's tuned quite a few b16a's and in his experience they are "maxxed out" around 9 psi for daily use, and with my car being SOHC I should probably shoot for around 6-7 psi. DOH

This is just my personal experience. You can't make this stuff up... Really sucks too since I'm in Kansas and there are about zero close alternatives available to me.

You'll probably be OK with your stuff, but I wouldn't (and didn't)trust my car in their hands.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jfoster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

.....I wish I just lived in FL next to MASE</TD></TR></TABLE>

ill be at marti gras in feb i thin, how far of drive is that for u?
Old 12-05-2004, 04:58 PM

12 hours
Old 12-05-2004, 05:01 PM

Now, i'm kinda nervous. Dale seems to know what he is doing, his projected numbers seemed really low to me for my setup which was dissapointing but he seems to know his stuff. He said 200 hp is kind of wishful thinking for a stock ls at 8.5 psi out of a sc50. That and he said he has a lot of trouble tuning with uberdata so he is tuning with hondata and switching over the tables to uberdata after he is done.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by steelies &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm assuming you've talked to Tony about the tuning right?
I beleive Shane had s200 w/ boost and tony "tuned" it. If not get ahold of Tony and he could do it I'm sure.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I planned to have Tony do it. But he can't tune the S200 yet, Shane had the 3B from what I was told by him and Tony. Tony said he could get the upgrade if there were a few people that wanted to pay up front for tuning. Which I would do.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ill be at marti gras in feb i thin, how far of drive is that for u?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yep, 12 hours But a MASE tune would be my ideal tune, so I might have to think about that trip....hmm...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by diputs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Forward thrust...yeah, nice guy but doesn't know jack as far as I can tell from my conversation with him. Our conversation from when I talked to him about Hondata tuning:

me: "So, before you do the final dyno tuning, do I need to have an O2 bung installed in my downpipe for your wideband."

them: "No, you won't even need to do that. We can monitor the air/fuel ratios off of your car's stock O2 sensor. You won't need to do anything else."

me: (hang's up phone and shakes head)

Oh yeah, that and the fact that after I told him I wanted to tune to a Greddy kit at 10 psi daily driven, he responded by saying he's tuned quite a few b16a's and in his experience they are "maxxed out" around 9 psi for daily use, and with my car being SOHC I should probably shoot for around 6-7 psi. DOH

This is just my personal experience. You can't make this stuff up... Really sucks too since I'm in Kansas and there are about zero close alternatives available to me.

You'll probably be OK with your stuff, but I wouldn't (and didn't)trust my car in their hands.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, when I talked to Dale at FT he said I could expect 240whp from my turbo GSR with hondata.....I would think more like 275....
Old 12-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (brickonwheels)

missouri SUCKS!
Old 12-06-2004, 11:17 PM

Default Re: (2SLO)

yes we do
Old 12-07-2004, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (WREKONIZE V8 KLR)

These guys have a dyno http://www.adrenalinexxx.com and they are also a Hondata dealer
Old 12-07-2004, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hybrid-Performance.com)

i work there.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Yeah, when I talked to Dale at FT he said I could expect 240whp from my turbo GSR with hondata.....I would think more like 275....
</TD></TR></TABLE>

we made 279 with the hack on a gsr. delivered pizzas in it for 4 months till he decided he wanted a built motor and hondata. never blew up though.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

place in st. louis called lightspeed can do you hondata. Other than that its the place in lees summit and its pricey.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:26 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

I Believe TOKYO IMAGE in Overland Park might be of some help to you off of 435 and Quivera.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ** Tuning in/near Missouri ** (TheShodan)

All the Big Dawgs in KC fly me out there...
Old 12-07-2004, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2SLO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2SLO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i work there.

we made 279 with the hack on a gsr. delivered pizzas in it for 4 months till he decided he wanted a built motor and hondata. never blew up though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You work at Adrenaline???...What's your name?? I wonder if i have talk to you b4?
Old 12-07-2004, 02:28 PM

just to let everyone know, stay away from the shop night shift and the guy that runs it, dave potts. I've had horrible experiences working with him.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:12 PM

I go to school at UMR in Rolla. I street tuned my car with Uberdata. On the G-tech meter it says I'm making about 265WHP (+-3%). I run 11.5-11.8 AFR. Mildly conservative timing at 9PSI. My compression is tested every gas fill up and it hasn't budged. I've run about 2k miles beating a lot of V8's in the process and never had a hint of problems. If you want to go Uberdata, I can set you up easily if you drive slowly over to Rolla (out of boost). I'm no tuner, but I understand very well how to tune for the street. When i finally go to a dyno I'll tune my ignition MYSELF. PM if you're interested.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ** Tuning in/near Missouri ** (adseguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adseguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I go to school at UMR in Rolla. I street tuned my car with Uberdata. On the G-tech meter it says I'm making about 265WHP (+-3%). I run 11.5-11.8 AFR. Mildly conservative timing at 9PSI. My compression is tested every gas fill up and it hasn't budged. I've run about 2k miles beating a lot of V8's in the process and never had a hint of problems. If you want to go Uberdata, I can set you up easily if you drive slowly over to Rolla (out of boost). I'm no tuner, but I understand very well how to tune for the street. When i finally go to a dyno I'll tune my ignition MYSELF. PM if you're interested.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn. I wrote Uberdata out of my plan along time ago, I figured I would never be able to find someone around here to tune it.....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShodan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I Believe TOKYO IMAGE in Overland Park might be of some help to you off of 435 and Quivera.
</TD></TR></TABLE> You know if they have a web site or anything?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Suprdave &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All the Big Dawgs in KC fly me out there...</TD></TR></TABLE>
I don't think I am enough of a Big Dog to drop the $$$ on not only tuning but also a plane ticket and hotel/meals etc...already thought that route out tryin to think of a way to get it tuned by MASE....I might be able to handle a road trip to Chicago though....trailer it out there...still have the extra exspense of gas/hotel/meals...hmm

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2SLO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">missouri SUCKS!</TD></TR></TABLE> Agreed.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ** Tuning in/near Missouri ** (TheShodan)

If i was you I would try and wait until tony can tune it. I got my honda tuned there and it only took a couple of hours. It put down 400hp at 20psi and he tuned it safe just like I wanted. BEST TUNER WE HAVE EVER BEEN TO and we have been to alot of tuners. I ran 10.07 at 143mph with a 50 shot of NOS.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ** Tuning in/near Missouri ** (dragsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dragsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If i was you I would try and wait until tony can tune it. I got my honda tuned there and it only took a couple of hours. It put down 400hp at 20psi and he tuned it safe just like I wanted. BEST TUNER WE HAVE EVER BEEN TO and we have been to alot of tuners. I ran 10.07 at 143mph with a 50 shot of NOS. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I would like to have him tune it. But I am not for sure if/when he'll be able to tune it...so I need a back up tunning plan...so I don't end up with the car sitting in the garage for months after we turbo it just waiting to be tuned
Old 12-07-2004, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my name is randy, i never talk on the phone so im sure it wasnt me. US TURBO INTEGRA GUYS FROM MISSOURI NEED TO GET TOGETHER.

im tired of all the ****** ricers around. jfoster and adseguy and whoever else pm me so we can meet up next month and be honda-tech dorks together

ps uberdata
tuning on the street by yourself
Old 12-08-2004, 05:50 PM

Hey 2SLO, i hear that. My teggy will be done hopefully by next monday. I say hopefully bc so much **** has gone wrong in the process of getting the turbo on and tuned, i.e. it all started in september). Let me know whats going on and we'll get something together. We could all go rice hunting together or something.

Quick Reply: ** Tuning in/near Missouri **