Notices

**The Official "WTF Exhaust Manifold Is This?" Thread**

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 09:11 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default **The Official "WTF Exhaust Manifold Is This?" Thread**

In recent years, waves of fabricators and resellers big and small have been selling their exhaust manifolds for Honda B/D/K/F/H and even L-series engines. Some resellers are true fabricators and make wonderful, high quality products that are to be used repeatedly and can survive multiple owners. Others, are simply "eBay" styled manifolds, using low-grade materials, shoddy welding, and even designs that either leave you in sheer bewilderment, or at the very least, make you walk away shaking your head in disgust.

So, with that said, this is the official "WTF Exhaust Manifold Is This ****" thread. Post your images and "Anyone ever run this?" questions here. Some may answer, or none, may answer. But I'll say this.. It's interesting.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: **The Official "WTF Exhaust Manifold Is This?" Thread**

I got one!

AMK Racing manifold for D-series engines,
looks like an ebay special but anyone ever run it?
Attached Images    
Old 03-07-2017, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 442 Likes on 384 Posts

If it's not a Sheepy, Full Race, Full Blown, Go-Autoworks, old Spoolin, BWR, Neukin, Doc Race, or Speed Factory manifold, then it's probably a ching-chong eBay POS.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:22 AM

Well. I wouldn't go so far as that. There's still Inline Pro, GReddy, HKS, Rev-Hard (older school), JDL Auto Design, Love-Fab, BRMS, Straight Line Specialties (SLS), Spoolin' Performance, TIG-Art, Toxic-Fab and others.
Sadly, many newer / younger project builders have never seen these companies' manifolds, and therefore may dismiss them when they are perfectly fine for their build. This thread may help them figure out what's - what.

But I see your point. 99.9% of the time, yes, it will more likely be something like what as shown above.

But, we can't rule it out simply because it's not from one of the famous (or infamous) companies you see lately.

Last edited by TheShodan; 03-07-2017 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Well. I wouldn't go so far as that. There's still Inline Pro, GReddy, HKS, Rev-Hard (older school), JDL Auto Design, Love-Fab, BRMS, Straight Line Specialties (SLS), Spoolin' Performance, TIG-Art, Toxic-Fab and others.
Sadly, many newer / younger project builders have never seen these companies' manifolds, and therefore may dismiss them when they are perfectly fine for their build. This thread may help them figure out what's - what.

But I see your point. 99.9% of the time, yes, it will more likely be something like what as shown above.

But, we can't rule it out simply because it's not from one of the famous (or infamous) companies you see lately.
Ah, how could I forget about InlinePro!

And you're right, there are a few more reputable brands out there, a lot of them just aren't really in circulation anymore.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Well. I wouldn't go so far as that. There's still Inline Pro, GReddy, HKS, Rev-Hard (older school), JDL Auto Design, Love-Fab,BRMS Straight Line Specialties (SLS), Spoolin' Performance, TIG-Art, Toxic-Fab and others.
I currently run a BRMS ramhorn, had it for 3 years no cracks. the only downfall of it is they built the "hoops" a little to high which make it ALMOST impossible to run -10an bungs for a catch can.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The design of the first manifold pictured would have issues with boost creep wouldnt it? The angle of the wastegate flange is at an acute angle which is bad for flow, correct? Has anyone heard of PRL manifolds? They have a ramhorn manifold and I really like the angle of the wastegate flange.
Old 03-07-2017, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

When I said "I got one" I didn't mean I literally have one I just meant I have one I've seen for sale haha. Anyhow, it's definitely Ebay but if you search up there brand they've made some decent quality headers and what not for many models and makes.

I personally had a Edelbrock t25 manifold with a small eBay t25 turbo internal wastegate, I now have a eBay log t3 with a garrett ar42/63 on a tial sport 38mm. Just looking for a different manifold that doesn't look as horrible haha
Old 03-07-2017, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mayfly
I currently run a BRMS ramhorn, had it for 3 years no cracks. the only downfall of it is they built the "hoops" a little to high which make it ALMOST impossible to run -10an bungs for a catch can.

nice engine bay man, dig the valve cover
Old 03-07-2017, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by mayfly
Their manifolds make it very difficult to run water lines, also.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 73 Likes on 61 Posts

Mine is made by Advanced Ignition.

Advanced Ignition - Shorty Manifold

I compared a lot of shorty manifolds, and landed on this one. Guy was very fast to reply in emails so I decided to give him a shot. While it is not fully welded on the outside of the collector- it is welded on the inside,and then smoothed out.

Time is getting closer to running it. and it hold the Hunter turbo ( i think that is what i got) very well. Even has room for water lines and oil drain.
Attached Images  
Old 03-08-2017, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 93h2beg
Mine is made by Advanced Ignition.

(pic of manifold)

I compared a lot of shorty manifolds, and landed on this one. Guy was very fast to reply in emails so I decided to give him a shot. While it is not fully welded on the outside of the collector- it is welded on the inside,and then smoothed out.

Time is getting closer to running it. and it hold the Hunter turbo ( i think that is what i got) very well. Even has room for water lines and oil drain.
Interesting, any idea what material they use to make those? What was the cost?

That at least looks treated/stainless, and the gauge looks thicker too (at least from what I can see).

Shodan or anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the best steel to use for our manifolds is schedule 40 (thickness of walls per pipe size) 304 stainless. 321 schedule 40 would probably be even better but I'm not sure if anyone manufactures manifolds in that cut.

A lot of cheaper manifolds use thinner walls (schedule 10/12/16 or something) which makes the manifolds lighter but also makes them crack like little bitches under heat/vibration.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got this off a friend that had it on an Integra back in 02
Attached Images    
Old 06-07-2017, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like a turbonetics manifold
Old 06-07-2017, 07:16 AM

Oh yeah, the old turbonetics kit manifold from 1998. Works good, too. But it is designed for a 5 bolt turbine housing

Old 06-07-2017, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Got this K series manifold off of KMod for my EG hatch. Haven't put it on yet and figured out that they accidentally put a T4 flange on it but they said they will fix it SO....I will try to update as I go.

Name:  IMG_20160908_120356_zpspuiscv53.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  232.7 KB

Name:  IMG_20160908_120858_zpsgrh7bqpp.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  266.0 KB