Notices

***Precision Injector Install HELP*** pics inside. A little help from the experts please.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ***Precision Injector Install HELP*** pics inside. A little help from the experts please.

I've done some searching and I noticed that people are calling seals o-rings and vice versa.. On top of that, it's very hard to find pics of what people are describing.

I know this is a piece of cake for some people, but after reading several threads I'm still left guessing about a couple of things. My cousins mustang almost burned to the ground because he didn't install his injectors properly - so I dont really want to go any further without 100% confidence.

The goal of this thread is to try and help other people out as well as find answers for myself. I'll edit this post as I receive information.

I'm assuming that this procedure is exactly the same for a B-Series are people are always swapping the higher-flow h22 injectors for their allmotor b-series setups.

For starters, here are some pics..

Here are the "SEALS AND INSULATORS". members of HT, please stop calling these "o-rings". It may be a proper term but is very ambiguous!

Top: (Soft) are the "injector seal rings".
Bottom: (hard) are the "injector insulators"

the intake manifold, see the slight counter-bore.

780cc Precision Injector. Note the brown o-ring , black sleeve and green o-ring.

This is the way the stock injector looks on the intake manifold.. see the way the "pintle" sticks out?

---- now for my questions!

This is the way the precision injector sits on the manifold.. the brown o-ring sits inside the counter-bore.. this doesn't seem right to me!!!

someone please help, thanks in advance.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ***Precision Injector Install HELP*** pics inside. A little help from the experts please. (2poi

An injector insulator is supposed to go into the counterbore hole first, then a soft injector seal sits on top of it. It will be tough cause the precisions are a little fatter than the honda injectors near the bottom but force the injector down into the soft injector seal. Push as hard as you can with your hands then put the fuel rain on.

I then use the fuel rail, tightening each bolt a little by little, to then force the injectors down into the seals more.

I've done it this way on both my setups, both NEVER had an injector leak in 3+ years.

I think maybe I even didn't use the hard insulator seal and just used the soft one and pushed the injectors in.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

basically get them in, so that you think they are sealed, and then turn on the fuel pump...

if they leak... take them back out and check the seals again... if they dont, fire it up...
Old 09-13-2006, 06:49 AM
Ditto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just set them in and push them as well as they will go by hand. The fuel rail will push them down and lock them in place.

Check for fuel leaks if you are still worried.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Back up from the dead

I have always used RC injectors and they do not have the brown o rings on the IM side of the injector. Are you suppose to leave those in or remove them?

I have some other questions but I am waiting to host pictures so I'll post those later.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

take off the brown O ring and then shove them all the way in the gaskets in the manifold, untill they bottom out. They will seal just fine.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (onefstek)

They don't go down all the way but I realized it is because the brown spacer on where the rail goes to the IM is closed all the way. Unless I take some off the spacer.

Old 05-20-2007, 07:17 PM
New User

Default Re: (ladysman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ladysman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They don't go down all the way but I realized it is because the brown spacer on where the rail goes to the IM is closed all the way. Unless I take some off the spacer.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Brad yours look fine, don't worry about anything. If you do turn the key forward and you have a leak fix it, so far I am reading this post and the OP doesn't have a problem even sooo don't jump the gun
Old 05-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

precision injectors dont fit in b and d series intake manifolds, the people at tuner toys can tell you all about it. i just returned mine a couple months back for the same reason. the metal tip on the injector is bigger than the hole in the manifold. you can however drill out the holes larger if the intake mani is off. good luck.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:38 AM
New User

Default Re: (JSPECSIR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JSPECSIR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">precision injectors dont fit in b and d series intake manifolds, the people at tuner toys can tell you all about it. i just returned mine a couple months back for the same reason. the metal tip on the injector is bigger than the hole in the manifold. you can however drill out the holes larger if the intake mani is off. good luck.</TD></TR></TABLE>

VERY WEIRD SINCE Precision has 3 different injectors they offer a Domestic style, Sport Compact HONDA STYLE and a Sport Compact Mitsubishi style, most of the injectors are similar except the orings and seals that come with them to fit the specific application ie Honda, DSM etc

I have sold HUNDREDS of Precision injectors with no fitment issues, I have 1600ccs on my car now and have had 1000cc Precision in the past. All my customer's cars run them.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

VERY WEIRD SINCE Precision has 3 different injectors they offer a Domestic style, Sport Compact HONDA STYLE and a Sport Compact Mitsubishi style, most of the injectors are similar except the orings and seals that come with them to fit the specific application ie Honda, DSM etc

I have sold HUNDREDS of Precision injectors with no fitment issues, I have 1600ccs on my car now and have had 1000cc Precision in the past. All my customer's cars run them. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea i had no issues with my 525's in a blox IM.........
Old 05-21-2007, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slooogsr)

for the record, it isn't the injector preventing it from going all the way down. it is that I can't tighten down the rail anymore as the brown spacers aer stopping it. I'll put the line back on and check for leaks. I left the brown o-rings in there and it should seal fine. These injectors are physically shorter than the stocks and my RC's for what it's worth so this situation WILL happen because of that.

RC's (the ones I had) I think are Bosch style but I am not 100% sure. The precisions are Delphi?

I told someone this on IM that I have never seen a bad incident with rpecision injectors and with their reputation and price, it can't be beat IMO. Unless there is another company out there I don't know about. SSAC?
Old 05-21-2007, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ladysman)

I usually leave the brown o-rings in to give the injector more 'stability' and ensure the angle of the injector is uniform with the others. I have ran them without the brown o-ring before and have never encountered any problems. I want to say on one specific set-up that I actually opened up the injector ports in order to seat the injector better.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:40 AM

Default Re: (PrecisionH23a)

with my 780 injectors and z6 intake manifold, the injector actually just sits on the counterbore, and i actually had to put a washer on top of the OE brown fuel rail spacer so that it would tighten down without tweaking the agle of the injectors.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sohc_turd)

Thanks for the reply guys. I'm gonna put the fuel line on and check for leaks....hopefully tonight. my garage smells like race gas from leaving the line off....smells good to me.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:49 AM

Default Re: (sohc_turd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohc_turd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">with my 780 injectors and z6 intake manifold, the injector actually just sits on the counterbore, and i actually had to put a washer on top of the OE brown fuel rail spacer so that it would tighten down without tweaking the agle of the injectors.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just wanted to add for future reference, that i did this using the skinny o-rings that come with RC injectors, not the fatty OE o-ring seals.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had MSD SCI 395's and PTE 525's. They're the same design and both fit just fine. I used the injector grommets that came with my MSD injectors without a plastic spacer. I also had to remove the tab in the injector socket to use the Honda injector clips using a razor blade and needle nose pliers.

The bad part is that none of these injectors seem to have any part numbers marked directly on the body, so you can peel the sticker off and nobody would know what the flow rating of each injector was until they were flow tested.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:20 AM
New User

Default Re: (IN VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IN VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had MSD SCI 395's and PTE 525's. They're the same design and both fit just fine. I used the injector grommets that came with my MSD injectors without a plastic spacer. I also had to remove the tab in the injector socket to use the Honda injector clips using a razor blade and needle nose pliers.

The bad part is that none of these injectors seem to have any part numbers marked directly on the body, so you can peel the sticker off and nobody would know what the flow rating of each injector was until they were flow tested.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is incorrect, Precision SCRIBES every injector that goes out since they are all cleaned, balanced and flowed and matched to each other. So lets say you EVER have an issue with an injector and need to buy one, Precision will ask for that # they scribe on there and will look it up and MATCH it to that set of injectors. I have had this happen a couple of times, once was when a certain Header maker on this board wanted a customer set with each or just one(can't remember) being off by 10cc or more I believe to test it out . I told Precision I needed 3 injectors to flow the same and one to be off.

I have had a customer have an issue with one injector, got the scribed #s and call and have Precision match it

Old 05-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That explains the doodling on the side of the injectors then.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (IN VTEC)

I had to replace one injector after I had them tested, I just used the numbers SCRIBED onto them to find out where to buy them on the net!!

Some people talked about the fuel rail bottoming out on the 3 spacers sometimes, I removed the spacers completely once, and another time, used something that was thinner.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mike1114)

I just put the fuel line back on and turned the key and everything went up in flames.

Just kidding, no leaks as expected.

As far as the spaces, I guess I could have used washers or something but hey it's working fine so.....
Old 05-21-2007, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have sold HUNDREDS of Precision injectors with no fitment issues, I have 1600ccs on my car now and have had 1000cc Precision in the past. All my customer's cars run them. </TD></TR></TABLE> well maybe it was just the precisions that tuner toys had, but i dunno mine didnt fit and they had alot of other peoples that didnt fit as well. i thought it was weird as well that a company like precision would make injectors that didnt fit, but like i said maybe it was just the ones tuner toys used to have.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:41 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JSPECSIR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> well maybe it was just the precisions that tuner toys had, but i dunno mine didnt fit and they had alot of other peoples that didnt fit as well. i thought it was weird as well that a company like precision would make injectors that didnt fit, but like i said maybe it was just the ones tuner toys used to have.</TD></TR></TABLE>

WEIRD. Doesn't Tuner Toys sell their own BRAND of Injectors too? rSome people were posting they looked exactly like Precisions.

Now keep in mind RC, Precision, all these companies don't manufacture these injectors as far as I know, they get a Lucas, Bosch, etc etc and clean, flow , balance, slight modifications to fit applications BUT not manufactured by them. Correct me if I am wrong
Old 05-22-2007, 03:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hmm. i know they have their tuner toys brand. thats what they sent me back to replace the precisions they originally sent me. the tt brand are exactly like oem honda injectors. the precisions i had were a black plastic looking body with a metal tip. the metal tip flared on the end, thats the part that didnt fit. oh and the connector had a tab in them that wouldnt let the oem plug go into them. sorry if i stepped on your toes before, i was just sharing the info that was given to me.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:53 AM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JSPECSIR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hmm. i know they have their tuner toys brand. thats what they sent me back to replace the precisions they originally sent me. the tt brand are exactly like oem honda injectors. the precisions i had were a black plastic looking body with a metal tip. the metal tip flared on the end, thats the part that didnt fit. oh and the connector had a tab in them that wouldnt let the oem plug go into them. sorry if i stepped on your toes before, i was just sharing the info that was given to me. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No stepping on toes man, just stating none of my customers have problems and we don't. This is the Racing world though, we have nothing but problems with BRAND X product and another company or someone has absolutely no probs with them. It is discussed every day

Quick Reply: ***Precision Injector Install HELP*** pics inside. A little help from the experts please.