Notices

*** Uberdata Datalogging HELP!!! ***

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *** Uberdata Datalogging HELP!!! ***

*EDIT*

Can anyone point me into the right direction of which ebay auction will have the correct data cable that I can use for data logging?

Thanks in advance..

I am trying to do data logging on a P28 ECU using Uberdata..

I purchased a DKU-5 Nokia data cable from ebay but I can't seem to find out the pinout for the data cable..

Best I could find was a 14 pinout of it, but the data cable I have has only 13.

Any help appricated with trying to use this nokia data cable to datalog with uberdata.

Thanks in Advance...

Modified by integlspwr2k at 8:56 PM 4/6/2005
Old 04-03-2005, 11:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *** Uberdata Datalogging HELP!!! *** (integlspwr2k)

PM Cray91 on here. He premods cables and can probably help you out

Phil
Old 04-04-2005, 12:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *** Uberdata Datalogging HELP!!! *** (hondaguyef)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaguyef &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">PM Cray91 on here. He premods cables and can probably help you out

Phil</TD></TR></TABLE>

I sent him a pm, hopefully he can chime into this thread.

Thanks!
Old 04-04-2005, 01:48 AM

Here is the site I use for cable pinouts.

http://www.pinouts.ru/pin_CellularPhones.shtml
Old 04-04-2005, 02:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Cray91)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cray91 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here is the site I use for cable pinouts.

http://www.pinouts.ru/pin_CellularPhones.shtml</TD></TR></TABLE>

here is the link to the ebay auction to the data cable that was purchased: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...56610
Old 04-04-2005, 04:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have the same cable. Even finding the Tx, Rx, and ground on hyperterm I couldn't get them to work. I usually stick with the older versions. Check out the uberdata site man. The datalogging section has a whole thread for pin outs.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (93turbo16)

I'm interested in getting this to work, since I'm looking to get several DKU-5 cables, but all the ones I'm possitive would work are all $15+ rather than $10.

Assuming the cable end looks like the one in that picture, then I can probably guide you through this. First off, what does the cable install as? Look at the driver details (with it plugged in, start menu-&gt;control panel-&gt;system-&gt;hardware-&gt;device manager-&gt;ports), it should list it as a PL-2303. If it doesn't you have to try opening the case of the cable with the chip in it, and see if it has the word "PL-2303" stamped onto it. Those are the chips that always work.

Anyways, I used this diagram http://www.pinouts.ru/data/nok...shtml for my cable, although I ended up swaping some points. So, don't pay it much mind

When looking at the connector w/the outside hooks curving down (mine is just like the 13-pin cable they show in that auction's picture), the ground is connected to the 7th pin, the Rx to the 8th pin, and the Tx to the 10th pin. Opening the casing would help even more, since you can get the wire colors (sometimes they use a standard color scheme), and since the cheap cables tend to only have Rx, Tx, and GRD wires. *If you can get the case apart, you can use a multimeter to check the resistance between the pins (7, 8, and 10) and the solder pads where the wires lead. When you find which wires connect to 7, 8, and 10 you can wire it up and try it.

Unfortunately I'm not 100% positive atm, since I originally got a cable that wouldn't work (not pl-2303), and used that connector end with a $25 radioshack cable. It wasn't for a nokia but I got the wiring right (used another person's wire color guide), so if it doesn't work, try switching the rx/tx first, then try the diff combos with alternating tx/rx/grd. I used a 3-pin PC fan connector between the ecu and the cable since I could re-arrange the wires quickly. And don't think that can damage your cable, it won't.

And if you get it to work, LET US KNOW. If not, get pictures or at least wire colors and such. Tell us which colored wires connect to which pin numbers.

Edit: one last thing to add that I was never told or read, you need to open the base rom up in uberdata and save it to get dataloggin to work. Base roms that haven't gone through uberdata don't have datalogging enabled.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:30 AM

Default Re: (HiProfile)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Edit: one last thing to add that I was never told or read, you need to open the base rom up in uberdata and save it to get dataloggin to work. Base roms that haven't gone through uberdata don't have datalogging enabled.</TD></TR></TABLE>

AND only Maps that even have the datalogging function. Like 1.70 and higher.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93turbo16)

Can anyone point me into the right direction of which ebay auction will have the correct data cable that I can use for data logging?

Thanks in advance..
Old 04-06-2005, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (integlspwr2k)

i purchased my nokia data cable from stealthmode. i know i paid too much for it but i was having a hard time finding the correct cable locally.

since there is so much information on all kinds of diffrent cables floating around here and on the uberdata website i figured i might as well pay a extra couple bucks and buy the one cable that has been proven to work right.

and after a little work i managed to install a 9pin serial port on my P28 also to make connecting the laptop much easier...

Old 04-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone?
Old 04-07-2005, 02:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is what I used and it works too.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...=WD1V
Let me know what you think. With this you only need a straight DB9 cable.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: *** Uberdata Datalogging HELP!!! *** (tepid1)

This cable works for sure:

http://www.radioshack.com/prod...earch

What I think I've figured out is that any cable that is compatible with a GSM phone (think thats what it is - they're the ####i models), it should work. This definately has the PL-2303 chip in it, and I got it to work. I can also say that the wires used are: red = Rx, Orange = Tx, Brown = GRD. If for whatever reason it won't work, chances are you should swap the Tx/Rx. I messed with it a lot between writing it down and trying it out.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *** Uberdata Datalogging HELP!!! *** (HiProfile)

I actually have a data cable that I bought because I was going to use it with my setup... but I ended up not using it and datalogging with the Zeitronix software instead...

This is the exact cable I have...

From Keebler's write up:

http://home.mn.rr.com/keebler6....html

I'll sell it to you if you want it... I'm not going to use it.

I'll do it for $15 shipped if you want. (since you are in Hawaii, shipping costs a little more)
Old 04-07-2005, 09:03 AM

Default Re: (non-VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by non-VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i purchased my nokia data cable from stealthmode. i know i paid too much for it but i was having a hard time finding the correct cable locally.

since there is so much information on all kinds of diffrent cables floating around here and on the uberdata website i figured i might as well pay a extra couple bucks and buy the one cable that has been proven to work right.

and after a little work i managed to install a 9pin serial port on my P28 also to make connecting the laptop much easier...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

that looks good
Old 04-07-2005, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *** Uberdata Datalogging HELP!!! *** (EJ1 wilcox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1 wilcox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I actually have a data cable that I bought because I was going to use it with my setup... but I ended up not using it and datalogging with the Zeitronix software instead...

This is the exact cable I have...

From Keebler's write up:

http://home.mn.rr.com/keebler6....html

I'll sell it to you if you want it... I'm not going to use it.

I'll do it for $15 shipped if you want. (since you are in Hawaii, shipping costs a little more)</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for the offer, but shipping to hawaii doesn't cost anymore than shipping to california.

If you can get me a new price including shipping that would be great.

http://postcalc.usps.gov/

I'll stand by for a new price with the new shipping charges..

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2005, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *** Uberdata Datalogging HELP!!! *** (tepid1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tepid1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here is what I used and it works too.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...=WD1V
Let me know what you think. With this you only need a straight DB9 cable.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i was hoping to use usb so i dont need to switch between the romulator and the data logging ports since on my tuners laptop theres only 1 serial port if i recall.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

any ebay auctions would help greatly for my tuner would love to do this in the future to other ecu's and woudl be easier to just buy the correct product from a ebay seller instead of hunting down the correct one every time from a HT member.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member