Notices

***The Official Nitrous Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 03:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Tippyman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tippyman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just zip tied the switch to my throttle cable, so that when I pressed the gas, the cable pulled the switch into a bracket and it clicked.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmmn... Good idea. I'll check that out.
----

Old 06-24-2008, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (mac_24_seven)

I attached a strip of metal on mine and that bolts to the throttle body bolts and that bolts to the throttle body bolts and doesnt move. When the cable pulls the throttle wheel rotates adn hits the switch
Old 06-24-2008, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (eg6madness)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg6madness &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I attached a strip of metal on mine and that bolts to the throttle body bolts and that bolts to the throttle body bolts and doesnt move. When the cable pulls the throttle wheel rotates adn hits the switch</TD></TR></TABLE>

Pic plz?
Old 06-24-2008, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

anyone on here control their nitrous through eCtune? im sure its the same as the s300, just wondering how you like it, or if you run into any quirks....

im putting together an h2b and i want to run 100 shot at the track...any h22 nitrous guys in here??
Old 06-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fast2camciv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fast2camciv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone on here control their nitrous through eCtune? im sure its the same as the s300, just wondering how you like it, or if you run into any quirks....

im putting together an h2b and i want to run 100 shot at the track...any h22 nitrous guys in here??</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am a h22 soon to be nitrous. there is a prelude nitrous thred around that you can find more about h22 on nitrous.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice i will look for it thanks
Old 06-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fast2camciv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone on here control their nitrous through eCtune? im sure its the same as the s300, just wondering how you like it, or if you run into any quirks....

im putting together an h2b and i want to run 100 shot at the track...any h22 nitrous guys in here??</TD></TR></TABLE>

let us know how it goes, i am going h2b as well and runnin a 75 shot!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1BADEGDC2)

Hi everyone I just spent several hours reading all of this thread. Im looking at doing my first nitrous setup on my b16 that I will be swapping into my car hopefully july 4th weekend. And im watching several nitrous kits that are for sale right now.

Im thinking about going with a direct port 100 shot (wet) to start with on my b16 with the nitrous lines being placed under the manifold not on the top. The direct port im looking at has two lines going into the nozzle so this means its wet correct.

Or do you guys think I should just look for a single fogger and a 75 wet shot to start?

Also i read/heard of people mounting the bottles up under there glove compartments. Just wondering if this is possible with a 91 civic sedan and a 10 lb bottle.

Asking the n2o experts for your opinions. Oh yeah, i plan to later have a built bottom end for the car either a 1.8 or 2.0 bottom end with 11-11.5:1 compression.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Gold DA9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Gold DA9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi everyone I just spent several hours reading all of this thread. Im looking at doing my first nitrous setup on my b16 that I will be swapping into my car hopefully july 4th weekend. And im watching several nitrous kits that are for sale right now.

Im thinking about going with a direct port 100 shot (wet) to start with on my b16 with the nitrous lines being placed under the manifold not on the top. The direct port im looking at has two lines going into the nozzle so this means its wet correct.

Or do you guys think I should just look for a single fogger and a 75 wet shot to start?

Also i read/heard of people mounting the bottles up under there glove compartments. Just wondering if this is possible with a 91 civic sedan and a 10 lb bottle.

Asking the n2o experts for your opinions. Oh yeah, i plan to later have a built bottom end for the car either a 1.8 or 2.0 bottom end with 11-11.5:1 compression.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You may beable to hid it under the dash but then your bottle will be pointed wrong. You are suppose to be pointed with the valve tords the front and the front above the back so all the nitrous flows the the siphon tube.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Offical Nitrous Thread (661rex89si)

lol
Old 06-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if it were me i would just go with the single fogger for a 75 shot.

and for bottle location, in my old 91 civic sedan i just mounted the bottle on the hump inbetween the front and rear seats, so the valve was poking up in between the drivers seats....then for stealth purposes put a duffle bag around it...also threw a couple towels in it and used it as an armrest too lol
Old 06-25-2008, 07:14 PM

ok I've read this whole thread and there is alot of great info, but can someone please shine some light on the separate fuel system, like how do i run the fuel cell and in line pump to my setup thanks
Old 06-27-2008, 03:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (quikcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quikcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok I've read this whole thread and there is alot of great info, but can someone please shine some light on the separate fuel system, like how do i run the fuel cell and in line pump to my setup thanks </TD></TR></TABLE>

Good question do people you run The fuel from the sep. system to the nitrous jet only? Or do u put it to the fuel rail to? also do u shut the reg. tanks pump off so your just getting high grade gas? How would you run it to a fuel rail just cut your hose and put a y peace?
Old 06-27-2008, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Colby71)

Nan you guys got it wrong.

here goes.... To setup the aux fuel system you need:- A extra fuel cell, a Inline fuel press regulator, Fuel pump, and all the necessary lines and fittings. This is for Wet Nitrous systems.

To setup u run you line from the fuel cell to the pump and from the pump to the regulator and from the regulator to Fuel Solenoids. You dont touch your regular fuel system, dont splice the lines or anything. You cant shut off your default fuel system anyway, the ECU triggers the injectors to work, if it senses they are not working the car will shut down.

When u arm you nitrous system, you arm the Aux Fuel Pump and the solenoids. Fuel now comes from your fuel cell and flows to your Solenoids then to the nozzles along with the normal flow of nitrous.

so your car is now getting extra fuel (race gas) and Nitrous. and your are now "safer".

Remember that on a normal wet system you "T" your default system, so what you are doing is giving you fuel 2 routes to travel, you are not shutting off one and flowing through another.
With the aux fuel system what you are doing is just proving another source instead of "T-ing" you fuel line.

If you did manage to shut it off some way how would you move the car? you would have to be spraying to move... true or not? You dont want to do that now do u , or do you .
And if you did shut it off and were able to move the car you will not be providing enough fuel when spraying, so you would blow up. ( your car would be extremely lean and detonate, remember Nitrous add more Oxygen, so not enough fuel will equate to more O2 in the cylinders = LEAN)

Modified by eg6madness at 10:39 AM 6/27/2008
Old 06-27-2008, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So my set up is a high comp GSR at about 11.5:1 with pretty much all major bolt ons and no head work. Made 171whp. I am thinking about purchasing a nitrous express single stage wet kit and running a 50 shot when at the track and for pleasure. I'm running Hondata s200 has the nitrous management system which makes things much easier to tune and run safely. This sound like a safe set up that will make decent #? What else would i have to get that doesn't come with the NX kits. I was thinking a bottle guage so i can monitor it and of course colder plugs. Am I missing anything important?

Oh and on a 10 lb bottle approx how many runs would it last using a 50 shot roughly.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

a bottle heater is a must if you want to be consistant with nitrous at the track...a blow down tube is another thing that will be required, a purge is nice to have but not a necessity.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Turbogixxer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"></TD></TR></TABLE>

can I use this setup and not use the supplied WOT switch that activates the solenoid at wot?
I am having poblem mounting this switch and looking for a way to not use it and still activate at wot.
I have the s300 also
Old 06-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg6madness &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nan you guys got it wrong.

here goes.... To setup the aux fuel system you need:- A extra fuel cell, a Inline fuel press regulator, Fuel pump, and all the necessary lines and fittings. This is for Wet Nitrous systems.

To setup u run you line from the fuel cell to the pump and from the pump to the regulator and from the regulator to Fuel Solenoids. You dont touch your regular fuel system, dont splice the lines or anything. You cant shut off your default fuel system anyway, the ECU triggers the injectors to work, if it senses they are not working the car will shut down.

When u arm you nitrous system, you arm the Aux Fuel Pump and the solenoids. Fuel now comes from your fuel cell and flows to your Solenoids then to the nozzles along with the normal flow of nitrous.

so your car is now getting extra fuel (race gas) and Nitrous. and your are now "safer".

Remember that on a normal wet system you "T" your default system, so what you are doing is giving you fuel 2 routes to travel, you are not shutting off one and flowing through another.
With the aux fuel system what you are doing is just proving another source instead of "T-ing" you fuel line.

If you did manage to shut it off some way how would you move the car? you would have to be spraying to move... true or not? You dont want to do that now do u , or do you .
And if you did shut it off and were able to move the car you will not be providing enough fuel when spraying, so you would blow up. ( your car would be extremely lean and detonate, remember Nitrous add more Oxygen, so not enough fuel will equate to more O2 in the cylinders = LEAN)

Modified by eg6madness at 10:39 AM 6/27/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

you can shut your intank fuel pump off by putting a switch on the power sorce. The computer controls the pump like a switch by opening and closing a ground or a power path to the pump if the computer is sending power you could brake the circut and the computer will not no the diffrence. Your motor will not run. But if you provide fuel by a pump comming from a fuel cell it will run and why wouldent it have enough to run a your wet nitrous system and your injectors. As long as it is not a stupid big shoot or you get a really small fuel pump for the inline. a 255lph would do just fine for a pretty big shoot.

So. flip the switch on for your inline flip it off for your reg intank pump let it run for a second so you are running race gas not reg+race becues that would give you a low octain leavle

Old 06-30-2008, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

great thread
EDIT: found answers

Modified by formby at 1:29 PM 6/30/2008

Modified by formby at 3:44 PM 6/30/2008

Modified by formby at 1:05 PM 7/1/2008
Old 06-30-2008, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (formby)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rudebwoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

can I use this setup and not use the supplied WOT switch that activates the solenoid at wot?
I am having poblem mounting this switch and looking for a way to not use it and still activate at wot.
I have the s300 also</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah you can do that,
i run ectune in combination with an dry single fogger designed for MAF equipped car (cheap as hell and neccesary components only).
together with a fuell cell in front of my right tire equipped with an bosch044, 680cc injectors and fuelling and timing done by ectune.

just arm the system(nitrous, bottle heater, purge), burnout, arm the computer for nitrous, purge and drive the hell out of your car, it's addictive :D
Old 07-01-2008, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so this means that I don't need WOT switch if I use the ems to control it?
Old 07-01-2008, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rudebwoy)

in ectune i can setup the parameters in between wich it will activate the output, so above a certain tps voltage and between set rpms, etc.

so you won't need the switch
Old 07-01-2008, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have s300 but I am sure it is similar to the ectune. so I will try it when I get home.
thanks!
plain and simple answers.

Modified by rudebwoy at 6:12 PM 7/12/2008
Old 07-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have Hondata S200 and it has all those options. I also have 345cc injectors but no pump. In this situation would a Dry kit be better because i can control the fuel with s200 or is a wet shot still safer and better? I just want to run a 50 shot?

Also my friend gave me a 10 lb zex bottle. Is it easy enough to piece togeather a dry kit. What would i need?
Old 07-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rudebwoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have s300 but I am sure it is similar to the ectune. so I will try it when I get home.
thanks!
plain and simple answers.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just program through s300 won't need a wot switch. Just go to nitrous tab and set your parameters. Speed, RPM, etc.

To the guy above you're definitely going to need a better fuel pump before spraying that 50 shot. Wet is usually safer

Quick Reply: ***The Official Nitrous Thread***