Notices

***The Official Nitrous Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 12:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (ForceFed Motorsports)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ForceFed Motorsports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I have a dry ZEX kit, whats so unsafe about the dry kit in comparison to the wet kit? Why cant you increase fuel via the fuel system instead of relying on the extra fuel supply from the jet?</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok dry shots dont give even mixture of nitrous across the cylinders. wet shots give a better mixture across the cylinders. Direct port gives the best mixture but cost the most out of all the setups.

dry shots to run a big shot not only do you have to upgrade the fuel pump but you have to upgrade injectors which in the long run will cost more anything more than 75 shot i say go with wet.

wet shot (single fogger) to run a big shot all you need is a fuel pump and the fuel jets will handle the rest I usually use wet kits up to 150 shot I have seen up to a 200 shot.

direct port is exactly the same as wet kit but you have a n20 jet and a fuel jet for each cylinder and a fuel pump which gives a even mixture across the board and can make big hp biggest i have seen was a 400 shot on a 4 cylinder.

So if i was gonna do another 4 banger on juice it would be a wet kit or direct port all day with the intank fuelpump and a inline fuelpump like i stated before in my other post with colder plugs
Old 11-19-2007, 05:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (ghostofnyc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ghostofnyc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ok dry shots dont give even mixture of nitrous across the cylinders. wet shots give a better mixture across the cylinders. Direct port gives the best mixture but cost the most out of all the setups.

dry shots to run a big shot not only do you have to upgrade the fuel pump but you have to upgrade injectors which in the long run will cost more anything more than 75 shot i say go with wet.

wet shot (single fogger) to run a big shot all you need is a fuel pump and the fuel jets will handle the rest I usually use wet kits up to 150 shot I have seen up to a 200 shot.

direct port is exactly the same as wet kit but you have a n20 jet and a fuel jet for each cylinder and a fuel pump which gives a even mixture across the board and can make big hp biggest i have seen was a 400 shot on a 4 cylinder.

So if i was gonna do another 4 banger on juice it would be a wet kit or direct port all day with the intank fuelpump and a inline fuelpump like i stated before in my other post with colder plugs </TD></TR></TABLE>

CLASS IS NOW OVER.....
Old 11-19-2007, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol u werent here so I had to sub
Old 11-19-2007, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i already passed nitrous n00bs 101.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pgpbubble)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pgpbubble &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i already passed nitrous n00bs 101. </TD></TR></TABLE>

this is 102 lmao
Old 11-19-2007, 06:55 AM
Do you even PLEBE R8?

Thanks thats exactly the info i was looking for

I got enough spare fuel system equipment stored up in the garage i should be able to run my dry kit no problem. Ill keep my eyes open for a wet kit though and maybe just buy it
Old 11-19-2007, 09:27 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ForceFed Motorsports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks thats exactly the info i was looking for

I got enough spare fuel system equipment stored up in the garage i should be able to run my dry kit no problem. Ill keep my eyes open for a wet kit though and maybe just buy it </TD></TR></TABLE>

i have what your looking for if your interested......about the nitrous,i think people are scared of being able to create that much power "ON THERE OWN" but once you break that barrier you'll say dam is that all there was TO IT.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1700anddroping)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1700anddroping &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i have what your looking for if your interested......about the nitrous,i think people are scared of being able to create that much power "ON THERE OWN" but once you break that barrier you'll say dam is that all there was TO IT. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you got that right i remember no too long ago i was afraid of a ok size shot 150 lol
Old 11-19-2007, 10:23 AM
i ♥ snails

dry shots can have better fuel atomization since its going through your injectors instead of into the plenum where each runner trys to take its share. I believe with the right fuel system and tuning dry shots can be just as effective. Wet/dry not much of a difference just in how fuel is delivered and the strain/demand on fuel system. With modern tuning programs a dry could be setup at high hp and be very effective IMO
Old 11-19-2007, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (quicksilver1689)

never knew there was this many nitrous geeks out there, got me thinkin my new build might have to be a happy gas rocket. Anyways old setup of mine i figure i'd share - Bone stock B18B1 JDM type r tranny, I/H/E. exedy stage 2, prolite flywheel, zex 75shot, street tuned on crome in a paper weight eg shell went
12.63@111.16 on 225/50/15 bfg's w/1.91 60ft went 8.18@87.5 in the 1/8
Old 11-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1SiC 3DR)

also was running zex nitrous plugs and the fuel pressure pumped up about 8 psi
Old 11-19-2007, 11:13 AM
i ♥ snails

ive seen some bad things happen with those zex plugs, ie plug falling apart.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ghostofnyc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok dry shots dont give even mixture of nitrous across the cylinders. wet shots give a better mixture across the cylinders. Direct port gives the best mixture but cost the most out of all the setups.</TD></TR></TABLE>

How does a single fogger wet shot have better mixture across cylinders than the dry shot? If they are in the same place?

If you take away the fuel, a wet shot is a dry shot...

you have to remember, gas is heavy.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im guessing that your talking about direct dry yes they can be just as effective but are costly most people that run n20 run it cause its cheaper than full allmotor or turbo this is one of the reasons why i didnt put this option up. a direct dry setup is good if you trying to have baller setup but imo money can be spent else where not in injectors and expensive engine management (AEM). example my lsvtec that i did was all oem parts even injectors and a chipped ecu intank fuel pump and a inline pump to keep constant fuel pressure. I ran 11.81 @ 113mph for lil to no money
Old 11-19-2007, 11:26 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (Turbogixxer)

it's being mixed at 950psi
Old 11-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Turbogixxer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How does a single fogger wet shot have better mixture across cylinders than the dry shot? If they are in the same place?

If you take away the fuel, a wet shot is a dry shot...

you have to remember, gas is heavy. </TD></TR></TABLE>
when I said better mixture im talking about n20 and fuel and ur absolutly right a dry shot and single wet shot are the same one without the fuel but to run the big shots on a dry shot becomes more expensive in order to do it right. wet kits save money in the long run sorry if i didnt make that clear oh and bottle pressure plays a big factor in the way the car reacts to the spray

Modified by ghostofnyc at 8:39 PM 11/19/2007
Old 11-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Do you even PLEBE R8?

Im not really scared to run nitrous, just wanna make sure i dont blow up my daily driver i JUST bought because i skipped a detail that i should have done. I like to do my research and do things successful learning from others mistakes than just do it and learn from my own lol. My DC is the track car, DB just needs something to play around with
Old 11-19-2007, 11:50 AM

I'm new to the forum thing but I just need some info on my ef hatch .is it unsafe if I put a 75 shot on a sohc zc and I have stock headers but I have an brospeed exhaust.right now I have a 65 shot and I want more power .
Old 11-19-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: (ef nightkids)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ef nightkids &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm new to the forum thing but I just need some info on my ef hatch .is it unsafe if I put a 75 shot on a sohc zc and I have stock headers but I have an brospeed exhaust.right now I have a 65 shot and I want more power .</TD></TR></TABLE>

r u running a dry or wet.....
Old 11-19-2007, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (quicksilver1689)

quicksilver1689 - i have heard the same stories, but i beat on my car for 6 months before selling it, and a friend of mine with almost the same setup has been running them on his bottlefed LS going on 4 years now, i think its all in how you torque em, but personally i do like BKR7E Honda chooses NGK for a reason and they make the best damn car on the planet for a reason.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Re: (1SiC 3DR)

you want a very hot spark "to come and go" but you don't want it to glow RED.
i can take any plug and modify it to use with the juice.w/spray you don't want a
long ground strap on the plug.you want that spark to jump off the end of the electrode and hit the ground strap "to keep the heat down on the plug.if you get the plug to hot the plug sets the mixture off along w/other events.the next thing you know you have whole sides of pistons melted or holes burned plum thru them.

in my opion and i am just a country boy hahahaha.....you get that spark as hot as you can and you can go as SHORT as you can with the GROUND STRAP.

this mostly for high hp set ups and not necessary for small shots,let that fuel do the work.....it will do ALOT more than you think.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im running my B16 with 75 single shot, 13.0@107 1.9 60 feet. Tuned with crome.
I hope run on 12 soon with better 60 feet
Old 11-20-2007, 04:56 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ef nightkids &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm new to the forum thing but I just need some info on my ef hatch .is it unsafe if I put a 75 shot on a sohc zc and I have stock headers but I have an brospeed exhaust.right now I have a 65 shot and I want more power .</TD></TR></TABLE>I'm running a wet shot
Old 11-20-2007, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lets see some more setups with PICS!

Old 11-20-2007, 08:28 AM

in what car.....if u dont mind me asking and wat size shot..... ......

i will only use ngk part # 5820......

tested new set up over weekend on 24" sliks spun tru mid 3rd gear tires at 7 psi..fuking insane lol...suks having no lsd....

Quick Reply: ***The Official Nitrous Thread***