Notices

***The Official JRSC Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 795 Likes on 735 Posts
Default Re: ***The Official JRSC Thread***

Originally Posted by 2001GSRSC
Is the Motorvations stepper pulley better than running the 3" Pulley Boys pulley?
ABSOLUTELY !!! The harder/faster you spin the supercharger, the greater the chance of belt slip. MORE belt contact from using the MVM (MotorVations Motorsports) Stepper pulley helps to combat the potential belt slip... a SMALLER supercharger snout pulley provides LESS belt surface to combat the belt slip.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ll be out of the JRSC community soon as we are going to build a custom ProCharger setup to take advantage of my built bottom end. It’s been so much fun over the years!!! Wunfstgsr and I will be closer to twinning... again lol!!
Old 09-20-2019, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
I got a free B20 crv crank pulley to increase PSI just pay shipping pm me.
I’ll take that if it hasn’t been claimed.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Black R
I’ll take that if it hasn’t been claimed.
I cried as I threw it away I tried my best on social media to give it away before tossing it with countless other hoarded parts that were still good the joy of living in a super small Appt..
Old 09-22-2019, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by ComptechGSRSC
I’ll be out of the JRSC community soon as we are going to build a custom ProCharger setup to take advantage of my built bottom end. It’s been so much fun over the years!!! Wunfstgsr and I will be closer to twinning... again lol!!
Indeed! Your procharger setup should be very efficient! cant wait for you to start! I'm enjoying mine still. Might be ready for a new tune soon for the new pulley I swapped in.
Old 10-11-2019, 04:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

9 or so months later and here it is, the jrsc b16 is now in the red hatchback and the d15b8 is in the white coupe.
The following users liked this post:
Old 10-11-2019, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice job. Well done.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
Nice job. Well done.
thank you sir! but i think a kraftwerks might be in my future haha. we shall see i guess
Old 10-12-2019, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bigjon1378
thank you sir! but i think a kraftwerks might be in my future haha. we shall see i guess
I think that is a GREAT idea. Then again, I may be biased.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:55 PM
H-T Premium Sponsor

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

9 or so months later and here it is, the jrsc b16 is now in the red hatchback and the d15b8 is in the white coupe.
sweet looking anodized mounts you got there in the red hatch
Old 10-15-2019, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Hasport
sweet looking anodized mounts you got there in the red hatch
Only the best! No eBay parts here! I support my local businesses!
Old 10-15-2019, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Only the best! No eBay parts here! I support my local businesses!
Great idea. Supporting local businesses is a rarity these days. More people should do it... cultivate that relationship and make your project what you want it to be with fewer mistakes and wasted dollars.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Couple questions:

1) Does anyone have the prelude JRSC installation instructions? I’ve only managed to locate the parts list page, not the whole thing.
2) Does anyone know if the m62 blower that came in the prelude kit is the same as the b-series kits in relation to interfaces with the manifold, s-tube, and snout? I can tell the snout pulley is different but is the snout itself different, I.e., can the prelude pulley be removed and the b-series pulley be installed in its place?
Old 10-24-2019, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Does anyone have a scan of the m62 s tube 4 bolt flange with the exact dimensions? I'm trying to mock up a custom s-tube.
Old 12-12-2019, 01:51 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I understand there are two different versions of the JRSC for the B-series. Is this correct?
I'm thinking about using one on a B16A EF8, but from the USDM CRX installs I've seen they've had to bang out subframes and **** for space. I haven't bought one yet, and wanted to know if there were physical differences in the B-Series JRSCs.

Last edited by signalpuke; 12-12-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-12-2019, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by signalpuke
I understand there are two different versions of the JRSC for the B-series. Is this correct?
I'm thinking about using one on a B16A EF8, but from the USDM CRX installs I've seen they've had to bang out subframes and **** for space. I haven't bought one yet, and wanted to know if there were physical differences in the B-Series JRSCs.
When you say "Two different versions", are you referring to the supercharger size itself or the application differences overall ?
Old 12-12-2019, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by signalpuke
This is commonly done for belt clearance just by installing a "B" series engine in the bay since the frame-rail space is narrower in a USDM chassis over a JDM/EDM chassis in that area. You will have bigger issues with the supercharger inlet neck clearing the fuel feed hard lines coming through the firewall, so don't give that frame rail banging another thought.
Old 12-14-2019, 01:11 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

This is commonly done for belt clearance just by installing a "B" series engine in the bay since the frame-rail space is narrower in a USDM chassis over a JDM/EDM chassis in that area. You will have bigger issues with the supercharger inlet neck clearing the fuel feed hard lines coming through the firewall, so don't give that frame rail banging another thought.
Thanks for the info man.
Old 12-27-2019, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey man I tried reaching out to you through messages but you have too many in your inbox so it wouldn't allow me to send it but basically I was reading one of "gringointegra's" old forums back in 2013 where he was talking about making some power in his 1995 Acura Integra GSR which was bone stock and read a reply where you stated to make 190-193whp on an OEM GSR with type b/c cams. I'm currently taking it upon myself to try and achieve the same goal of 200whp in an OEM+ GSR build but I really have no one to ask for advice so I figured id try and message you for some. my question would be, what exactly did you have done to your Integra to get it up to 190+ whp and what would you do differently to try and achieve that goal if you were to ever try again?

I'm new to the forums and barely log on so if you have a hard time reaching me please feel free to call or text me at 201-552-8935. The name's Justin by the way, a pleasure to meet you!

​​​​​​​
Old 01-27-2020, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I really need a hand, I’m trying to wrap up an ‘01 ITR restomod w/ JRSC but I’ve hit issues finding an intake arm that will actually work. I know many have found a workable path but I’m struggling to find complete info on what’s required (both product and any modifications). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Important details:
In CA so needs to be CARB legal
2001 ITR
Running AC
mostly stock B18C5
Edelbrock 65mm TB
Rubber engine mounts (so there is engine movement)
Vented hood

What I’ve tried and found
OEM ITR intake arm, OEM air box - Does fit but seems almost pinched off behind the AC lines as it turns toward the shock tower.

Comptech intake Arm (supposed to be the one JRSC specific) - seems too tall and long also seems like it would contact emissions canister

Considering AEM (GSR?) short ram but unsure if filter side support would align. Also would still seem to be very close to the evap canister would like to confirm it won’t contact the canister or AC lines.

Generally I’d prefer to be able to use my modified OEM Air box for air feed outside engine bay.

I’m not afraid to spend some money and I’m not against swapping to the OEM arm/airbox periodically for inspection if there’s no way to get a high performance intake that’s going to meet those needs.

JRSC Comptech Arm

OEM Arm
Old 01-28-2020, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Aklackner
I really need a hand, I’m trying to wrap up an ‘01 ITR restomod w/ JRSC but I’ve hit issues finding an intake arm that will actually work. I know many have found a workable path but I’m struggling to find complete info on what’s required (both product and any modifications). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Important details:
In CA so needs to be CARB legal
2001 ITR
Running AC
mostly stock B18C5
Edelbrock 65mm TB
Rubber engine mounts (so there is engine movement)
Vented hood

What I’ve tried and found
OEM ITR intake arm, OEM air box - Does fit but seems almost pinched off behind the AC lines as it turns toward the shock tower.

Comptech intake Arm (supposed to be the one JRSC specific) - seems too tall and long also seems like it would contact emissions canister

Considering AEM (GSR?) short ram but unsure if filter side support would align. Also would still seem to be very close to the evap canister would like to confirm it won’t contact the canister or AC lines.

Generally I’d prefer to be able to use my modified OEM Air box for air feed outside engine bay.

I’m not afraid to spend some money and I’m not against swapping to the OEM arm/airbox periodically for inspection if there’s no way to get a high performance intake that’s going to meet those needs.

JRSC Comptech Arm

OEM Arm
pretty sure you have fitment issues because the arm was designed before they changed the design of the icebox filter. now it is an all inclusive elbow and velocity stack before it was a straight stack and a flex coupler.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pretty sure you have fitment issues because the arm was designed before they changed the design of the icebox filter. now it is an all inclusive elbow and velocity stack before it was a straight stack and a flex coupler.
Thanks, too bad love the OG Comptech gear. I saw a photo of the pwdjdm whale ***** fitting so ordered that, probably less than ideal but can test it out when I get tuned. I also saw inline 4 had a note on icebox setup that recommended the GSR arm for jrsc so ordered a used arm too, to see if it will be less bent over than the ITR arm. Whichever OEM arm fits better will get me through inspections then it will be a test to see if the whale ***** provides any better performance than OEM arm/airbox.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Aklackner
Thanks, too bad love the OG Comptech gear. I saw a photo of the pwdjdm whale ***** fitting so ordered that, probably less than ideal but can test it out when I get tuned. I also saw inline 4 had a note on icebox setup that recommended the GSR arm for jrsc so ordered a used arm too, to see if it will be less bent over than the ITR arm. Whichever OEM arm fits better will get me through inspections then it will be a test to see if the whale ***** provides any better performance than OEM arm/airbox.
The GSR tube will likely be the closest fit in an off-the-shelf intake tube, so I would try that. The PWJDM "whale *****" doesn't work well with a JRSC... test if you want to, but I already know how your dyno session will end.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The GSR tube will likely be the closest fit in an off-the-shelf intake tube, so I would try that. The PWJDM "whale *****" doesn't work well with a JRSC... test if you want to, but I already know how your dyno session will end.
So PWJDM worse then OEM GSR arm, across the band or just top end? A complicating factor any way is that I have a WMI setup (to help reduce risk of detonation) and I doubt CF would like the methanol that much.

Any suggestions for something to maximize performance, translation: I can't mandrel bend raw 3" tube, so anyone have a beta on what arm, what modifications are successful (improved performance over gsr arm, clears emissions canister, AC, & ABS)? Or is this really get an exhaust shop to bend me something?
Old 01-30-2020, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The original kits came with a piece of flexible hose... like dryer hose only black/gold in color. If you are intent on using the stock air box, I would have a local fab shop create you an aluminum tube between the air box and the T/B. 3" diameter would be fine. And yes, the PWJDM "Whale *****" is worse everywhere... top end, midrange... that **** is for car shows, not making power.

Quick Reply: ***The Official JRSC Thread***