Notices

***The Official JRSC Thread***

Old 11-14-2005, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (HYREV2NR)

I believe it, I almost built one, had a Whipple 1200AX and a jackshaft assembly to drive it, just never got around to putting it all together.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (hondaeg8)

I'm probably going turbo right after the 1st of the year but, I will always be a big fan & supporter of the Jackson! It's a great way to get introduced to the FI world of boost. I knew I would end up w/ a turbo on my car but I have absolutely no regrets of going the Jackson way 1st. So, here I go off to spend more $$. KEEP BOOST'N
Old 11-14-2005, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (HYREV2NR)

Just a heads up for you JRSC guys. I have a Kamikaze header with flex and 3" high flow cat for sale. I made 8 extra wheel hp with it over my Comptech when I ran the JRSC on my ITR. $150 plus shipping.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: (ITR9788)

I did a search and didn't find much specific info about this... I have a 2.5" exhaust (Kamikaze header, 2.5" mandrel piping, 2.5" carsound cat, and an ITR muffler that gives me about a 2 1/4" bottleneck) Can anyone give me a rough estimate of how much whp I'll gain by running open header (or eliminating cat and muffler). I've got a 10psi JRSC setup with LHT manifold, 550cc injectors, s200B, walbro hp 255lph, and alot more but that's just to name a few. Anyone had any experience with this?
Old 11-14-2005, 10:03 PM

Why dont you buy my T1r exhaust...
Old 11-14-2005, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (memicah)

I'd like to buy a LHT manifold if anyone has one to sell.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:19 PM

good luck with that, ask memicah how his search for one went....
Old 11-14-2005, 10:31 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (memicah)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by memicah &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I did a search and didn't find much specific info about this... I have a 2.5" exhaust (Kamikaze header, 2.5" mandrel piping, 2.5" carsound cat, and an ITR muffler that gives me about a 2 1/4" bottleneck) Can anyone give me a rough estimate of how much whp I'll gain by running open header (or eliminating cat and muffler). I've got a 10psi JRSC setup with LHT manifold, 550cc injectors, s200B, walbro hp 255lph, and alot more but that's just to name a few. Anyone had any experience with this? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I think you'll find the biggest gain just by ditching the ITR muffler, or if it's the whole ITR axle back portion, replace that with 2.5" mandrel piping and a straight through 2.5" muffler.

Do you have the LHT intercooler hooked up in that manifold,
with the heat exchanger as well?

Also I've seen a test between a nice flowing exhaust system vs open header,
the gains were not worth the sound increase.
Might actually be earlier in this thread actually, if you can find it..
Old 11-15-2005, 12:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (funky_cornbread)

i have tenzo r lowering springs, tokico shocks, NO lsd , stock motor mounts with no motor mount inserts or anything.

i've hit 2.1 60' before, just need to shoot for a 2.0 next time
Old 11-15-2005, 03:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi everyone got a few questions. First of all I would like to say you have a fantastic site on the Integra’s. I live in the United Kingdom and have a 99 ITR. I did use the search function but never found anything specific to what I’m after.
I've got a b18 c5 (slightly higher compression that us versions 11:5:2 or something we also have 98 ron fuel) and its got a Jackson racing supercharger on it at 6 psi along with a dc sports 4-1 manifold and mugen exhaust. My piston rings are slightly worn therefore I’m getting forged piston and rings and also some eagle conrods. What compression pistons should I go for. I’m hoping to boost the psi up to 8 psi, would I need a water injection kit to keep the charge temperatures down? I looked into the Aqua mist ones and found they can be mapped to how you want them is this a good piece of kit?

Are the ITR cams bad for running boost (i.e to much over lap) If so would b16a2 be a better choice (would I gain more by changing them if so wat 2)? Im also going to be running a Hondata s300. If there are anything else feel free to let me know. Many many thanks in advance.

Cheers!
Old 11-15-2005, 04:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (uk_itr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by uk_itr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi everyone got a few questions. First of all I would like to say you have a fantastic site on the Integra’s. I live in the United Kingdom and have a 99 ITR. I did use the search function but never found anything specific to what I’m after.
I've got a b18 c5 (slightly higher compression that us versions 11:5:2 or something we also have 98 ron fuel) and its got a Jackson racing supercharger on it at 6 psi along with a dc sports 4-1 manifold and mugen exhaust. My piston rings are slightly worn therefore I’m getting forged piston and rings and also some eagle conrods. What compression pistons should I go for. I’m hoping to boost the psi up to 8 psi, would I need a water injection kit to keep the charge temperatures down? I looked into the Aqua mist ones and found they can be mapped to how you want them is this a good piece of kit?

Are the ITR cams bad for running boost (i.e to much over lap) If so would b16a2 be a better choice (would I gain more by changing them if so wat 2)? Im also going to be running a Hondata s300. If there are anything else feel free to let me know. Many many thanks in advance.

Cheers!</TD></TR></TABLE>

your motor is 11.1 c/r

personally i think your setup is good enough the way it is.
but little upgrades are bore the ITR to 82.5 or 83mm since your getting rods and pistons anyways. get a 65-68mm throttlebody, 2.5" kamikaze header and 3" exhaust header back. Water injection mist kits work well like snow performance's.

with RON98 11.1 compression and 10psi your still good, i would be good with even 94oct. ITS all about the tuning. If you lower compression you'll most likely lose power.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (8k-red-DC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 8k-red-DC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good luck with that, ask memicah how his search for one went....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I'm planning on buying a new one, but figured I'd ask here first. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on an Endyn-modified blower too, although I have a pretty new blower laying around here now that I could use.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for that guys! This engdyn-modified supercharger is it avaible in the u.k? so i take it the aqua mist water injection is a waste of time? im sticking wth 8psi belt and pulley as the charge temps creep up and yu can incurr belt slippage?
Old 11-15-2005, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by uk_itr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks for that guys! This engdyn-modified supercharger is it avaible in the u.k? so i take it the aqua mist water injection is a waste of time? im sticking wth 8psi belt and pulley as the charge temps creep up and yu can incurr belt slippage?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The Endyn blower is available from http://www.theoldone.com, but it's very expensive and the gains are not well documented (at least I haven't seen them documented). Aquamist was a waste of time on my setup running 11 PSI. I'd definitely look into the LHT intercooler http://www.lhtperformance.net/....html though; that's not cheap either, but it appears to be an effective modification.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rmcdaniels)

anyone know what happened to the hostboard JRSC site http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-b...f/110 ?

I tried to go there, but I just get a blank screen.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

has anyone carried out lht modification? How easy is it to do? i had a look at the web site looks quite complex? is there a place in the uk which can do this or would i have to send my supercharger to the states for this? is there anything else i should consider?
Old 11-15-2005, 07:32 AM

Guys, I'm currently running 10 psi on t3 60 trim and love the quick spool. I'm considering to switch to JRSC next summer. However, if I compare the torque with JRSC website's dyno, it seems that I'm not gaining much advantage below 3500 rpm if I switch to supercharger, at least from the dyno chart point of view. Is this really true? or the JRSC will have significantly better throttle response although the dyno charts looks similar?

This is my dyno. I still need to fix my ignition timing at VTEC transition, but please ignore that for now.

This is from jackson racing:

You guys who have experience switching from turbo to JRSC first hand, let me know .

THANKS
Old 11-15-2005, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by uk_itr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">has anyone carried out lht modification? How easy is it to do? i had a look at the web site looks quite complex? is there a place in the uk which can do this or would i have to send my supercharger to the states for this? is there anything else i should consider?</TD></TR></TABLE>

All they need is your intake manifold, and a new manifold only costs $200, so I'd just let them buy a new one and modify it. By the time you paid shipping/insurance and for them to clean it up, it'll probably make more sense to let them start with a new one.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (elpiar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by elpiar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You guys who have experience switching from turbo to JRSC first hand, let me know .

THANKS</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've used both, and if I only want to make around 250 WHP, then I like the JRSC better, more low-RPM power and much better throttle response. The tradeoff is that intake temps will be higher than with a turbo, but it's tunable.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rmcdaniels &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

All they need is your intake manifold, and a new manifold only costs $200, so I'd just let them buy a new one and modify it. By the time you paid shipping/insurance and for them to clean it up, it'll probably make more sense to let them start with a new one.</TD></TR></TABLE>

How much does the LHT mod cost in the end?
Old 11-15-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: (xerox445)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xerox445 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How much does the LHT mod cost in the end?</TD></TR></TABLE>
ME WOULD LIKE TO KNOW 3..
Old 11-15-2005, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xerox445 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How much does the LHT mod cost in the end?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's $1000 for the mod, 150 for the pump, a few more bucks for water lines and a radiator, around 1300 total.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is it worth the price?
Old 11-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xerox445 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is it worth the price?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I REALLY hope so! But seriously, I've never heard anyone complain about it, saw a guy on the hostboard forum that said it was the best thing he'd ever done for his JRSC. If you wait a month or so, then I'll post about it.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just stumbled upon this guys website.

http://home.plex.nl/~schwarzy/

It has a LOT of good info, and some detailed pictures of the LHT cooler setup. I just figured I would share the site.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ***The Official JRSC Thread***