Notices

***The Official JRSC Thread***

Old 06-27-2005, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re:

What pulley could cause me to yield near 11.0 psi on a gsr JRSC unit...

The previous owner told me it was an 8-9 endyn stepper pulley but on the dyno at P1 it was reading 11.0 and it was knocking so freaking bad that we took out all the timing to run it safe till I got the LHT hooked up and pumping away the heat.

The intake temps were about 225 ish on the dyno and now through datalogging I think they were as low as about 165 at WOT, but more testing is needed. I guess 165 isnt bad for an 11 psi pulley and it def dropped a lot from the first testing. I guess with a true 8-9 psi pulley it would really be reasonably low without that extra 2 psi of heat being generated.

Now I need to get it retuned becuase we sucked out all of the timing to run safe until the LHT stuff got hooked up and cooling that intake temp. I hope that now the intake temps are low enough to handle 11psi for daily driving...

Anyone have an opinion on how stupid/safe this really will be??

Old 06-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: (8k-red-DC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 8k-red-DC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What pulley could cause me to yield near 11.0 psi on a gsr JRSC unit...

The previous owner told me it was an 8-9 endyn stepper pulley but on the dyno at P1 it was reading 11.0 and it was knocking so freaking bad that we took out all the timing to run it safe till I got the LHT hooked up and pumping away the heat.

The intake temps were about 225 ish on the dyno and now through datalogging I think they were as low as about 165 at WOT, but more testing is needed. I guess 165 isnt bad for an 11 psi pulley and it def dropped a lot from the first testing. I guess with a true 8-9 psi pulley it would really be reasonably low without that extra 2 psi of heat being generated.

Now I need to get it retuned becuase we sucked out all of the timing to run safe until the LHT stuff got hooked up and cooling that intake temp. I hope that now the intake temps are low enough to handle 11psi for daily driving...

Anyone have an opinion on how stupid/safe this really will be??</TD></TR></TABLE>

so you have the lht ic hooked up now or no?
Old 06-28-2005, 01:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (Tad)

how much you want for that 3.8 pulley?

anyone have a CRV crank pulley for sale?

also, is there anything that would prevent me from hitting a full 6psi if i got the 4.0 pulley? like what if i'm not using the correct size belt from the nose pulley on the blower to the alt pulley? the one i have is to be too big, but i got it to fit tight.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Re: (hondaeg8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaeg8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">also, is there anything that would prevent me from hitting a full 6psi if i got the 4.0 pulley? like what if i'm not using the correct size belt from the nose pulley on the blower to the alt pulley? the one i have is to be too big, but i got it to fit tight. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Belt size doesn't matter as long as it's tight. Aftermarket headers and exhaust might make your boost drop, maybe to 5.5psi. It's normal, you are actually making more power despite what the gauge reads.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (EnzoSpeed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EnzoSpeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Belt size doesn't matter as long as it's tight. Aftermarket headers and exhaust might make your boost drop, maybe to 5.5psi. It's normal, you are actually making more power despite what the gauge reads.</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually if you're having slipping issues, then belt size does matter. you want to keep the belts as loose as possible to preserve the life of the bearings in the whole system. ideally, you want to run the longest belt possible because this will give you the most surface contact area with the pullies.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:59 AM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (hondaeg8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaeg8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how much you want for that 3.8 pulley?

anyone have a CRV crank pulley for sale?

also, is there anything that would prevent me from hitting a full 6psi if i got the 4.0 pulley? like what if i'm not using the correct size belt from the nose pulley on the blower to the alt pulley? the one i have is to be too big, but i got it to fit tight. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i duno howbout 70shipped?

do you have a boost gauge? Just go to kragen and get one,
one of those cheapo vacuum gauges will work just fine,
it'll be ugly but will work.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:06 AM

i'm not hitting boost with my jrsc

hooked up a boost guage today.. no boost

any reason why?
Old 06-28-2005, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Re: (boostedeghatch)

Where did you hook the gauge up to?
Old 06-28-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Re: (rmcdaniels)

the nipple right above the throttle body

the little box behind the SC opens and closes as i rev it
Old 06-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostedeghatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the nipple by the throttle body</TD></TR></TABLE>

There's no boost there, that's before the supercharger. You have to connect it to a nipple on the plenum.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Re: (rmcdaniels)

no ****.....

i will have to try that tomorrow
Old 06-28-2005, 11:53 AM

so if the boost guage gets hooked up right and i still don't hit boost, what could cause that?
Old 06-28-2005, 12:06 PM

Default Re: What JRSC setup are you running? (caranjo)

need some help with my JRSC, i was running 15 psi of boost and it misses twice between 6500 and 7500 rpm. i have everything you could want. Ground system, MSD SCI unit.

Im running at 12 psi rite now and it doesnt miss. So if anyone has any info to why they thing it might be missing let me know.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostedeghatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so if the boost guage gets hooked up right and i still don't hit boost, what could cause that? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Not much, It's a positive displacement pump, so if it's turning, then it's moving air. You said the bypass actuator (little box) was moving, so it's not stuck open. You know that it won't make boost unless it is under load (being driven), right? So it won't make boost just by revving it up out of gear.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What JRSC setup are you running? (daredevil003)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by daredevil003 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">need some help with my JRSC, i was running 15 psi of boost and it misses twice between 6500 and 7500 rpm. i have everything you could want. Ground system, MSD SCI unit.

Im running at 12 psi rite now and it doesnt miss. So if anyone has any info to why they thing it might be missing let me know.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Could it be detonating or preigniting? 15 PSI is crazy for an Eaton blower, mine was putting out 200+ degree air at 11 PSI. At 15 PSI your outlet air temps must be extremely hot. Are you logging your IAT readings?
Old 06-28-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Re: What JRSC setup are you running? (rmcdaniels)

it doesnt feel like it is detonating or preigniting. on the dyno the IAT got up to 220. i put in a nitrous 75 shot to cool down the Charger and it still does it. i really want to keep the 15 psi of boost. anybody know of a good dyno place in Southern California that they think might be able to fix the problem.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:49 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by daredevil003 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it doesnt feel like it is detonating or preigniting. on the dyno the IAT got up to 220. i put in a nitrous 75 shot to cool down the Charger and it still does it. i really want to keep the 15 psi of boost. anybody know of a good dyno place in Southern California that they think might be able to fix the problem.</TD></TR></TABLE>

is your blower modded?

if not then you're probably going to ruin it..
probably at 15psi it's turning into more of a flamethrower than an air blower
Old 06-28-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: What JRSC setup are you running? (Tad)

yes my charger is modded, its ported to the max. its pretty sick
Old 06-28-2005, 01:03 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

oh nice man.

what kinda plugs are you running?
Old 06-28-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: What JRSC setup are you running? (Tad)

im running NGKs 10, cant remember the whole number but they are the good ones
Old 06-28-2005, 07:50 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so you have the lht ic hooked up now or no?</TD></TR></TABLE>

YES!!! And the temp differences are nice, but I dont know if 165 degrees is low enough to add timing into 11 psi on a stock gsr motor...
Old 06-28-2005, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (8k-red-DC2)

Got my new JRSC setup on the car tonight, dual sequential charger using a JRSC and a GT3071R turbo. It's a true sequential setup, the SC makes boost off idle and it is slowly bypassed as the turbo spools up to 18 PSI. I made an analog feedback loop to control the transition and it is so smooth and gradual that I can't feel the switchover.

Here’s some pics/vids:

Dyno (turbo vs. dual):

I lost 20 WHP up high and gained 50 WHP down low, it feels much faster now.

Dyno Videos:
http://rmcdaniels.home.mindspr....wmv
http://rmcdaniels.home.mindspr...s.wmv

Engine Pic:

This thing rocks, power delivery is smooth as butter. there's some more power in there with some more tuning, especially the cams, I just have the stock cam gears on it now. This is the first run of the prototype. I'm pretty happy with it.

Modified by rmcdaniels at 12:59 AM 6/29/2005
Old 06-28-2005, 08:36 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

GAAAHHH
links dont work! I wana see bad!

curve looks alot nicer than just turbo,
though I think you could probably squeeze more outta the low end, AND the top end, couldnt you?
How much boost is the JRSC running alone?
I know the faster you spin it/more boost, the quicker it builds boost as well..
since it's only going to run low down, might as well spin it at it's max (if it's not already).

and where does the turbo's charge air enter ?
does it go through the blower to get to the engine?
or does it enter where the bypass valve usually lets air through(like as if you had the belt off your charger or something) ?
If its the bypass, maybe you could bore that out for more flow, I know it's a very small opening.
if not, maybe route it directly to the intake mani? With some clever welding..

Just a thought
Old 06-28-2005, 08:42 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

found the link on ur site
hires
lowres
http://rmcdaniels.home.mindspr...1.wmv
Old 06-28-2005, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">found the link on ur site
hires
lowres
http://rmcdaniels.home.mindspr...1.wmv</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, I went back and fixed my video links.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ***The Official JRSC Thread***