Notices

****Several JRSC Vacuum Questions with lots of pics! please help!!!! ****

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ****Several JRSC Vacuum Questions with lots of pics! please help!!!! ****

Hey guys, well I'm hitting the dyno on Saturday so I need to clean up a few of these vacuum lines and get them in the proper place. I have a picture of each line in question, and I appreciate all the help I can get.

Car is a 2000 civic si

Pic #1: Where does the vacuum line for the cruise control go?

Pic #2: Is this FPR Vacuum line correct? And what goes into the other end of the fpr?

Pic #3: This sensor on top of the fuel rail, has to lines going off of it. Where do they go?

Pic: #4: The vacuum line coming off of this black purge valve on the supercharger, where does the other end go?

Pic #5: The two posts coming out of the top of the throttle body, what vacuum lines need to be connected here?

Pic #6: Finally, I believe this is the TPS sensor? The black canister that sits under the battery is blocking the sensor so I cannot get it plugged up. Any suggestions?

Thank you very much in advance for any help you guys can throw me.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ttt
Old 09-24-2008, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ****Several JRSC Vacuum Questions with lots of pics! please help!!!! **** (Tuner Eddy)

1) Can probably plug it into one of the two nipples on the throttle body edge there. I'm not sure how the cruise control will like the JRSC making boost on the highway when activated though. I took all of my cruise **** out ages ago.

2) Yes, that is correct. The bottom line is your for your fuel return line. I'd also suggest if at all possible running your injector wires from up underneath and threw the manifold, it will look better that way.

3) Been a while since I've seen a stock PCV valve, but I'm 90% sure it will go under the JRSC into the "black box" underneath it on the back of the block next to your oil filter. In all honesty, I'd just remove it.

4) Black valve should be a bypass valve, you should be able to run it to the second nipple on the TB housing there. I can't tell from the pic 100% if they're vac lines though, so confirm that before you do that.

5) Pull the charcoal canister out, plug in the TPS, put charcoal canister back in.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ****Several JRSC Vacuum Questions with lots of pics! please help!!!! **** (SovXietday)

thanks man, if I remove the stock PCV valve, do I need to put a nipple on the black box the lines goes into? or just leave it open?
Old 09-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ****Several JRSC Vacuum Questions with lots of pics! please help!!!! **** (Tuner Eddy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tuner Eddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks man, if I remove the stock PCV valve, do I need to put a nipple on the black box the lines goes into? or just leave it open?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Open, the idea is to vent the crankcase pressure.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

#1 There is a check valve in the line so highway boost is okay. It may shut off since the 'system' isn't suppsed to see pressure. Can't remember since I took out my turbo a while back.

#3 is the purge solenoid for the black canister. It opens to allow fumes to be put back in the manifold for combustion. You hook it up to a vacuum source on the supercharger.

That's what I've got. Never looked at how the supercharges were ever hooked up.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tuner Eddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Pic #3: This sensor on top of the fuel rail, has to lines going off of it. Where do they go?

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Also...you must plug the connector back in for the solenoid to work.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ****Several JRSC Vacuum Questions with lots of pics! please help!!!! **** (blaze the chemi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blaze the chemi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">#
#3 is the purge solenoid for the black canister. It opens to allow fumes to be put back in the manifold for combustion. You hook it up to a vacuum source on the supercharger.

That's what I've got. Never looked at how the supercharges were ever hooked up. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm confused on this part, I thought the above poster said I could remove it althogether?
Old 09-24-2008, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tuner Eddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm confused on this part, I thought the above poster said I could remove it althogether?</TD></TR></TABLE>
You can remove it completely if you converted to OBD1.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tuner Eddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm confused on this part, I thought the above poster said I could remove it althogether?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Sovxietday stated that #3 was the PCV. It is not. It is a soleniod for the purge on the black canister. Yes he is correct that you can remove it TO GET THE PLUG ON THE TPS, then put the black canister back in.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OMG B16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
You can remove it completely if you converted to OBD1.</TD></TR></TABLE>
He might not ba able to do that in his state. I wish I could convert to OBD1
Old 09-28-2008, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

first thing first, the cruse contol hose and the black purge valve for the charger both go to the 2 nipples bye the throttle body, those 2 nipples only see vacum no boot, now for the by pass for emissions what i did was take that bullshit pressor sensor for fuel enrichment off, throw that junk in the trash and get a brass fitting and use it for evap. fuel regulator is ok, and the other hose for the evap goes to that open port on the black canister, u should be able to make it all work, if ur getting it tuned then ur running some kindof ems and dont need that fuel enrichment set up.