Notices

*********STOP THE BS, BEST OIL Fitting into back of block!!********

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *********STOP THE BS, BEST OIL Fitting into back of block!!********

Ok, we all know how those weak *** brass fittings and the adapters make a huge as LONG thing that sticks out from the engine block!!! well i bought this from Tuner Toys and it's only $8.60 plus $5.00 shipping!! it's BADASS.. all your probs solve!

See how small it is? Smaller than the those 1172 bubs you use for turn signals!! it's made out of steel! copper plated i think

The male part is BSPT!!! fits on your block, at the other end is a FEMALE BSPT FOR THE STOCK OIL SENDER!!! and the hole on top, is NPT!!!

PERFECT!!! fits bspt and lets you put back the stupid oil sender and NPT fitting for the turbo oil feed! then you can tee it off on your block for a oil pressure guage or whatever!!! GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and stop your bitching!

http://shop.vendio.com/funinfeenix/

sales@tunertoys.com

order quickly, took me 2 weeks cuz it's backordered, too many SMART people found out and bought it
Old 07-19-2003, 06:23 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: *********STOP THE BS, BEST OIL Fitting into back of block!!******** (2000vsm)

and this is better then flamenco T's how?
Old 07-19-2003, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *********STOP THE BS, BEST OIL Fitting into back of block!!******** (2000vsm)

nice parts.... I though about using it for my kit, but a lot of my customer uses the tee on the firewall, so I kept using the BSPT to NPT adapter...since I need to have it run a single line to the firewall... like this

then run it like this at the firewall, this pic if specific to LS VTEC lines

sorry a little blurry

stan
Old 07-19-2003, 08:47 PM

Default Re: *********STOP THE BS, BEST OIL Fitting into back of block!!******** (Flamenco-T)

flamenco just owned this thread... lol
Old 07-19-2003, 09:17 PM

Default Re: *********STOP THE BS, BEST OIL Fitting into back of block!!******** (Flamenco-T)

either way, the tuner toys fitting is shorter and one piece... less connections = less chances of breakage... why wouldn't you NOT want to get the fitting, you can run the line straight upwards to the tee on the firewall and it's only 1 piece.. why bother to put the stock oil sender up there when it can go on that piece
Old 07-19-2003, 09:21 PM
New User

I purchased the Advanced Concepts filter adaptor, just like the Greddy one, but at 1/3 of the Greddy price. Has 5-6 1/8 threaded taps to use. worked, GREEEEAAAAT(Tony the Tiger voice)!
Old 07-19-2003, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *********STOP THE BS, BEST OIL Fitting into back of block!!******** (lazerus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lazerus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">flamenco just owned this thread... lol </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha, thats for sure.
Old 07-19-2003, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2000vsm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">either way, the tuner toys fitting is shorter and one piece... less connections = less chances of breakage... why wouldn't you NOT want to get the fitting, you can run the line straight upwards to the tee on the firewall and it's only 1 piece.. why bother to put the stock oil sender up there when it can go on that piece</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes, but I have to put a plug for the NPT hole on your fitting...with the way I ran a single line on my kit, it goes directly from the block to the line. It can go either ways....

stan
Old 07-19-2003, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2000vsm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">either way, the tuner toys fitting is shorter and one piece... less connections = less chances of breakage... why wouldn't you NOT want to get the fitting, you can run the line straight upwards to the tee on the firewall and it's only 1 piece.. why bother to put the stock oil sender up there when it can go on that piece</TD></TR></TABLE>

the more mass/weight on the fitting connected directly to the block will increase the chances of the block actually cracking if you haven't heard or noticed. that's why a lot of people run the Tee's on the firewall.
Old 07-19-2003, 10:52 PM

Default Re: *********STOP THE BS, BEST OIL Fitting into back of block!!******** (shermanyang)

This is what you need the Golden Eagle Mfg vtec conversion kit and if you say it cost to much then you in the wrong game.

I got it and think it's a lot better then any thing out there
Old 07-19-2003, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *********STOP THE BS, BEST OIL Fitting into back of block!!******** (EFrollingout)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EFrollingout &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is what you need the Golden Eagle Mfg vtec conversion kit and if you say it cost to much then you in the wrong game.

I got it and think it's a lot better then any thing out there</TD></TR></TABLE>

now that's what i'm talking about...but it's too expensive...lol. if i didn't have a kid coming, a wife, bills to pay, and school to attend...i'd get it.
Old 07-19-2003, 11:40 PM

Default Re: *********STOP THE BS, BEST OIL Fitting into back of block!!******** (shermanyang)

The question is, what do you do about an oil cooler with the GE turbo feed kit pictured above^^^? Not knocking it, I have one, just want to know what my options are for an oil cooler.

What do you do with a typer or remote sandwich adapter when the space is now occupied by the GE unit?
Old 07-20-2003, 12:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *********STOP THE BS, BEST OIL Fitting into back of block!!******** (EFrollingout)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EFrollingout &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is what you need the Golden Eagle Mfg vtec conversion kit and if you say it cost to much then you in the wrong game.

I got it and think it's a lot better then any thing out there</TD></TR></TABLE>

So my oil line was a bad idea???

A lot of ricers told me that I had to spend $75-100 on braided steel -AN line and adapters and such bling-spec homosexuality. I decided to take a clue from several OEMs, who's first concern is reliability and longevity, and run $12 hard steel line and flare adapters with my tee properly supported and stress relieved from the boss.

Not jumping on you, but "a lot better than anything out there" means a lot of things to a lot of people. The GE piece is nice, I suppose, inasmuch as it filters the oil that goes to your turbo, but it has nothing else to recommend it.
Old 07-20-2003, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *********STOP THE BS, BEST OIL Fitting into back of block!!******** (J. Davis)

The smaller the fitting to the block, the less chance you have of breaking it because of the vibration.
As to the GE, if there is an advantage to having filtered oil to your turbo, then I feel sorry for you engine bearings having to use that "unfiltered" oil.
Old 07-20-2003, 07:20 AM

Default Re: advanced concepts oil filter adapter (abraunb16)

where do you get the advanced concepts oil filter adapter?

I couldnt find their site and I didnt see it on yours
Old 07-20-2003, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *********STOP THE BS, BEST OIL Fitting into back of block!!******** (earl)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by earl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As to the GE, if there is an advantage to having filtered oil to your turbo, then I feel sorry for you engine bearings having to use that "unfiltered" oil.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Which is why I bought the cheaper one. AC Autotecnic or something like that. $40.

Works great. No leaks whatsoever.
Old 07-20-2003, 09:08 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shermanyang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the more mass/weight on the fitting connected directly to the block will increase the chances of the block actually cracking if you haven't heard or noticed. that's why a lot of people run the Tee's on the firewall.</TD></TR></TABLE>

jesus, you don't read do you.. i DID SAY RUN A TEE ON THE FIREWALL.. but the fitting i bought is ONE PEICE as for flamingo-t, it's 2 peices, more connections = more places it can break off... get your facts straight before accusing me of ****.. MY FITTING IS ONE SOLID PIECE SHORTER OR SAME LENGTH AS FLAMINGO-T'S FITTING..
Old 07-20-2003, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2000vsm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

jesus, you don't read do you.. i DID SAY RUN A TEE ON THE FIREWALL.. but the fitting i bought is ONE PEICE as for flamingo-t, it's 2 peices, more connections = more places it can break off... get your facts straight before accusing me of ****.. MY FITTING IS ONE SOLID PIECE SHORTER OR SAME LENGTH AS FLAMINGO-T'S FITTING.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

dude, chill out

stan
Old 07-20-2003, 09:14 AM

see, the top hole is NPT for your oil line to turbo

the one at the end is for your STOCK OIL sender...
Old 07-20-2003, 09:19 AM

cool little piece you found there. i can see where that would work good for people with just one oil feed needed for either vtec or turbo but if you have both you'd then have to put two of those things together. I have a question. I bought the greddy sandwhich adapter plate and the problem is that i have a b18b w/ a b16 oil cooler. What i need to do is get one of those threaded studs out of another b18 block because the b16 one is way longer(because there is a cooler sandwhiched between the filter rather than straight filter to block contact). Is there any secret to getting one of those studs out without some big pliers and stripping the threads?
Old 07-20-2003, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *********STOP THE BS, BEST OIL Fitting into back of block!!******** (HavokRacing)

I think you need a 30mm socket and it will come out.

stan
Old 07-20-2003, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this question is directed towards 2000vsm:

So what happens when someone wants to run an oil pressure guage?

You'd still need to attach another one of those just so u can have another connection...

Correct me if I'm wrong tho...

Thx
Old 07-20-2003, 10:13 AM

Default Re: *********STOP THE BS, BEST OIL Fitting into back of block!!******** (serenity)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by serenity &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this question is directed towards 2000vsm:

So what happens when someone wants to run an oil pressure guage?

You'd still need to attach another one of those just so u can have another connection...

Correct me if I'm wrong tho...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

on my setup, i run the -3an oil line from my fitting up to a TEE on my firewall then i put the oil pressure sender on the tee. don't you guys get it? it's the same **** as flamingo's-t only that my piece is ONE PIECE... you still run the tee off the firewall for the guage and other stuff

Thx
Old 07-20-2003, 10:18 AM

Default Re: *********STOP THE BS, BEST OIL Fitting into back of block!!******** (ladysman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ladysman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Which is why I bought the cheaper one. AC Autotecnic or something like that. $40.

Works great. No leaks whatsoever.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Where could I get a hold of one of these? I looked on AC Autotechnic's website and could not find it..
Old 07-20-2003, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *********STOP THE BS, BEST OIL Fitting into back of block!!******** (ladysman)

were can one find the Ac Autotechnicsandwich adapter<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ladysman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Works great. No leaks whatsoever.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Quick Reply: *********STOP THE BS, BEST OIL Fitting into back of block!!********