Notices

$600.00 bucks for turbonetics turbokit? t3t4. b series fit d15?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post $600.00 bucks for turbonetics turbokit? t3t4. b series fit d15?

My coworker selling a turbonetics t3t4 used turbokit for a grand but oftered me 600. Bc he just want the motor stock. Get rid asap. He bought new almist 2thousand bucks.The kit include the piping turbo t3t4 downpipe headder and bov manual boost controler etc. Complete expect injectors fuel pump management. Etc. He barely used it didnt get enough to tune. And is over it. The motor was running kind if rich and he barley used it. He never got enough to dyno tune it. And over it already wants back stock.
He ofter me this deal is it worth it. How good is turbonetics brand.
How do i check if anything is turbo good?
I assume its good bc he barley used it.
The turbokit is on a b16 now and i wondering if it will fit on a d15 motor. Will the exhaust manifold fit i assume its from a b16.it was also in a eg 4door. Also will transfer in eg hatch will this kit work 4 me.
Im planning to run it in my d15z1. And will put a z6 head on later.
Fuel etc. Tune. Already bolted ex trans.
600. Bucks turbonetic turbokit worthit.
I was going with ebay brand idk? But came across this name brand deal. Anyone with turbonetics setups?
Old 05-23-2012, 10:21 PM
EK9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: $600.00 bucks for turbonetics turbokit? t3t4. b series fit d15?

Sounds like a pretty good deal as long as its a real turbonetics kit. No the exhaust manifold will not fit, you will need a new one
Old 05-24-2012, 06:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

exhaust manifold wont fit, and chances are very slim the downpipe will bolt up, it will need modified to fit after you get the turbo bolted up with a new manifold.

If it's a real turbonetics turbo, and in good shape, this is a screaming deal, go for it.

To check the turbo, see if his car smokes at all with the turbo on right now, check inside the exhaust side for any presence of oil leakage, and feel the shaft, grab the tip of it and try to gently move the shaft side to side ad in and out, in and out should not move at all, and a small amount of side to side movement is ok, as long as its not enough for the wheels to hit the housings.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Post Re: $600.00 bucks for turbonetics turbokit? t3t4. b series fit d15?

Originally Posted by boosted_D
exhaust manifold wont fit, and chances are very slim the downpipe will bolt up, it will need modified to fit after you get the turbo bolted up with a new manifold.

If it's a real turbonetics turbo, and in good shape, this is a screaming deal, go for it.

To check the turbo, see if his car smokes at all with the turbo on right now, check inside the exhaust side for any presence of oil leakage, and feel the shaft, grab the tip of it and try to gently move the shaft side to side ad in and out, in and out should not move at all, and a small amount of side to side movement is ok, as long as its not enough for the wheels to hit the housings.
Idk i hope its a real deal turbonetics turbo it says on it. But what if i just buy a ebay turbokit for a d series and just buy his turbonetics turbo only. I also got another deal from a guy on craigslist un used godspeed turbokit. So i will just use the ebay kit for the piping intercooler, dseries turbo exhaust manifold t3t4, downpipe, and just replace the turbo with the turbonetics turbo. Will this work?
Old 05-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Retired Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EG-SIXV-TEC
600. Bucks turbonetic turbokit worthit.
I was going with ebay brand idk? But came across this name brand deal. Anyone with turbonetics setups?
Hmm, do I really need to say something about this
Old 05-25-2012, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EG-SIXV-TEC
Idk i hope its a real deal turbonetics turbo it says on it. But what if i just buy a ebay turbokit for a d series and just buy his turbonetics turbo only. I also got another deal from a guy on craigslist un used godspeed turbokit. So i will just use the ebay kit for the piping intercooler, dseries turbo exhaust manifold t3t4, downpipe, and just replace the turbo with the turbonetics turbo. Will this work?
You could do that, but why? The ebay downpipe still wont bolt up, no matter what you do your going to have to have a downpipe modified or custom built.

Even if you buy an entire ebay kit and bolt it all on, the downpipe wont fit, they are junk.

Just buy the turbonetics kit, buy a cast ebay manifold for d series, have the downpipe modified to fit, and get your injectors/tune and rock and roll man.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boosted_D
You could do that, but why? The ebay downpipe still wont bolt up, no matter what you do your going to have to have a downpipe modified or custom built.

Even if you buy an entire ebay kit and bolt it all on, the downpipe wont fit, they are junk.

Just buy the turbonetics kit, buy a cast ebay manifold for d series, have the downpipe modified to fit, and get your injectors/tune and rock and roll man.
ok i will just get the turbonetics b series kit and if i just get a ebay cast iron d series t3t4 exhaust manifold are those universal with the turbo and will the intercooler piping turbo fit,intake manifold etc?
I will also just get the downpipe custom welded then.

For my tuning i got a vafc hack right now, airfuel ratio wideband gauge.adj fuel reg and 255 fuel pump, what injectors do u reccommend. I want to run the stock d15z1 .for now with five to seven psi turbo and mayb more later when ipit a z6 head on.i got the z1intake manifold I heard its like 190 cc injectors. For my setup now what should i run injectors?
Old 05-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Retired Moderator

what size turbo is it?
Old 05-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Turbonetics brand turbo t3t4 and using a godspeed ebay cast manifold for t3t4?
Old 05-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Retired Moderator

well, t3t4 can be a number of configurations.

T3 is the exhaust flange size and has nothing to with with sizing.
T4 means the compressor cover and wheel sizing usually larger then a true T3 wheel.

ask what size or model number