Notices

"T" BOV off fuel pressure reg.??

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "T" BOV off fuel pressure reg.??

Is there anthing wrong with "T"ing the vaccum line off the fuel pressure regualtor?? In my car I have a JG Intake manifold, the BOV, fuel pressure regulator, wastgate, and boost gauge are all "T"ed off of each other. What are the pros and cons, goods and bads of doing this? Thanks for you help guys. The motor is a 94 GSR motor, HKS manifold, Greddy BOV, 450cc injectors, 255 fuel pump, VAFC II just in case you need to know the setup.

"T" = t connector

I guess while I'm at it. does anybody know if you can tighten or loosen the BOV to make it not chatter. I want a straight clean "swoosh". Which way do I turn the bolt. (clockwise or counter clockwise)

Modified by dainteg at 10:19 PM 3/30/2004
Old 03-25-2004, 03:19 PM

Default Re: "T" BOV off fuel pressure reg.?? (dainteg)

Bump ttt
Old 03-30-2004, 07:20 PM

bump
Old 03-30-2004, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you tee your brake booster? Get a 3-way female brass 1/4" NPT tee at Home Depot or Lowe's, along with 2 - 3/8" barb x 1/4" NPT, and 1 - 1/4" barb x 1/4" NPT. Buy 3 hose clamps while you're there. You could even skip the 1/4" fitting and get one of those vacuum manifolds and run a line to it. You'll definitely get less chatter out of your BOV. Loosen the BOV too much and you'll blow off even when you're not boosting. Try a better vacuum source, then adjust it. Some use the FPR line, but I don't like to.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:36 AM

Default Re: "T" BOV off fuel pressure reg.?? (B16A Grenade)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16A Grenade &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why don't you tee your brake booster? Get a 3-way female brass 1/4" NPT tee at Home Depot or Lowe's, along with 2 - 3/8" barb x 1/4" NPT, and 1 - 1/4" barb x 1/4" NPT. Buy 3 hose clamps while you're there. You could even skip the 1/4" fitting and get one of those vacuum manifolds and run a line to it. You'll definitely get less chatter out of your BOV. Loosen the BOV too much and you'll blow off even when you're not boosting. Try a better vacuum source, then adjust it. Some use the FPR line, but I don't like to.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have a GSR swap in a DX civic hatch (96-98) I don't think teeing off off the brake booster is a good idea for this particular setup cause the brakes suck as it is. Another more specific question would be.....When hitting full boost and then shifting gears the BOV has to act accordingly towards the pressure in the vaccum lines, with the release of the BOV pressure does this in anyway mess with the pressure for the fuel pressure regulator? I some cases i've heard of a fuel spike when using the vaccum line going to the FPR. The JG intake manifold only comes with one fitting where you can connect a vaccum line. I'm not sure what there intentions were when it came to using the manifold and boost.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:23 AM

The way to stop it "chattering" and get the sound you want is to get a vacuum manifold or to drill/tap your intake manifold for a few vacuum ports. This solved several problems for me including boost creep and the bov fluttering. It even made my boost gauge respond faster. Prior to the vacuum manifold I was using tees for everything, and I'd never do that again.