Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

Wideband display on Hondata doesnt match Innovate MTXL gauge!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Wideband display on Hondata doesnt match Innovate MTXL gauge!

Hello I'm having issues with syncing the wideband to my S300 V3. I fallowed directions from,

http://www.phearable.net/information...etupguide.html

All values are saved and uploaded but the gauge is slightly off and doesn't match. I have a 99'' Integra OBD2 with OBD1 Conversion harness
I tapped into the ECU harness wire going to pin D16 ELD see pic below,

I cut both resistors r136 and r138 in the ECU as instructed. I saved the voltage conversion table for the MTXL wideband said to be used.

I set the display to show AFR and set the Min/ Max to 10 and 20 and my voltage offset is what iv been playing with but the only value that gets me very close is -0.23, basically the when it goes full lean my gauge will show like 22.2 and Honda displays it as 18 to 21 depending on what off set value I use. So its very close but its not accurate and in Boost it will show say 12.4 on Hondata but my gauge shows 11.2 AFR. At idle its also very close or dead on id say and even on both my gauge and Hondata.

The only thing I can think of is either trying a diffrent off set # or my ground for the gauge is not sufficient. I have it tapped into my Cruse control harness plug both power and ground, I haven't had any issues ever with how its wired but is it possible I need to ground the gauge to my thermostat or battery directly?

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 07-14-2019 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wideband display on Hondata doesnt match Innovate MTXL gauge!

Well i did a data log on my way home tonight and it actually looks like its working i just know when i started to record the data log AFR was steady 14.6 and when i hit boost i was a steady 11.5 and watching the data log it looks pretty much what i was seeing. I think I'm just chasing a ghost.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:31 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

That's strange. I had a pretty big offset on mine, but I mine wired incorrectly (PLX). Hope it's fixed. I would recommend you consider running your wideband ground to the thermostat housing eventually.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DaX
That's strange. I had a pretty big offset on mine, but I mine wired incorrectly (PLX). Hope it's fixed. I would recommend you consider running your wideband ground to the thermostat housing eventually.
Its still off by like .1 or .2 but its close.., Ill look into running ground directly to the thermo. I would like it to be 100% accurate as im looking into getting a Etune. Anyone have the same wideband? what's your offset and how is it wired in?