Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

Assistance with finding a tuner in Miami

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Assistance with finding a tuner in Miami

I have a chipped P28 on Chrome and i need a tune for boost in Miami or around there (Hollywood etc). Does anyone know of any good tuners or shops that can do a good tune. I hear nothing but bad **** about the shops around here for the most part. And i realy need a tune, im running on my friends old basemap that is tuned on Chrome and my car runs rich as hell atm.

I found this site called http://www.cartek-tuning.com/

They are located in Hollywood which isnt that far of a drive, have you guys heard anything about this shop?
Old 03-31-2009, 06:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default re: Assistance with finding a tuner in Miami

Do your self a favor. Look for a tuner that tunes Neptune, eCtune or Hondata.
http://www.hrtuning.com
http://www.ectune.com
http://www.hondata.com

You will be much happier with the result.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ya i need something that doesnt cost a shitload to get done. Hondata is a huge waste of money (as tons of people have told me). I need a decent tune as cheap as possible. I can always throw down money and change it at another time (but if i was gonna waste money on something like hondata i might as well just get a stand alone like a haltech).
I also want it to be a dyno tune. Although if i can get ar eally good street tune im ok with that too. But i desperately need it tuned because my car floods out. It shoots black almost all the time (not alot at low rpm, its bearly visible). But at higher RPM and when it catches boost its like a cloud. And after about 4 seconds of boosting it will flood out and start backfiring (poping flames). And im getting complete **** gas mileage (obviously). I dont have alot of money at the moment so I really need something that is as cheap as possible and will run my car fine and wont blow it up if i boost.

edit: wtf phearable is in florida? I never knew. Well i'd love to get my car tuned there but i really cant afford it atm. eCtune looks pretty nice for what i want to do. If i get it tuned on chrome I can still bring it there and have you guys put eCtune on it and tune it on there? or do I have to rechip my ECU?
Old 04-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump?
Old 04-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mtber

+1. Look in the FI and DRag forums and you will see tuner posts too. If you can't afford a good EMS or at least a good tune on the car, leave it stock.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Blown90hatcH
+1. Look in the FI and DRag forums and you will see tuner posts too. If you can't afford a good EMS or at least a good tune on the car, leave it stock.
Leaving a car stock because you dont want to waste money on Hondata is just retarded.
I have been doing this project for a while but since the economy kept going down i haven't been making as much and things have been very rough lately. I need to get the car tuned for now because I am getting super **** gas mileage which I cannot afford either. I can afford to spend $200-350 but not $500+. $500+ for a tune is just going overboard IMHO, with haltech and microtech systems priced between $800-1300 you might as well just get one of those. Because ECU + Chipping + Conversion Harness $150-250 + $500+ Tune = $650-750+. So $50 more and standalone?
I just asked about good tuners In my area because i need a decent cheap tune for now. As I dont have cash to get something great atm.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats your setup I may have a good basemap for you. I'm local in the MIA area. If you have wide band I can do a street tune for you.
If not the dyno I use is Twilight Performance off the Gratiny Expressway
Old 04-05-2009, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jimster480
Leaving a car stock because you dont want to waste money on Hondata is just retarded.
I have been doing this project for a while but since the economy kept going down i haven't been making as much and things have been very rough lately. I need to get the car tuned for now because I am getting super **** gas mileage which I cannot afford either. I can afford to spend $200-350 but not $500+. $500+ for a tune is just going overboard IMHO, with haltech and microtech systems priced between $800-1300 you might as well just get one of those. Because ECU + Chipping + Conversion Harness $150-250 + $500+ Tune = $650-750+. So $50 more and standalone?
I just asked about good tuners In my area because i need a decent cheap tune for now. As I dont have cash to get something great atm.
You forgot to add tunning fees ontop of the cost of a standalone :-)

If your on a budget, get a chipped obd1 ecu & have the car street tuned by a local experienced tuner on neptune, ectune or hondata s100.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:19 PM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you shot yourself in the foot to take your mind off the broken finger eh?
Old 04-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pm Turbogixxer he's in Boca but does travel. He's an authorized Neptune dealer

or you can try Fred @ Horse Power Connection. he has an in house dyno jet and can set you up with crome
Old 04-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mtber

Yep, have not had one person that went from crome to neptune and not love the switch.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Turbogixxer
Yep, have not had one person that went from crome to neptune and not love the switch.
:-p
Old 04-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks guys but i got my car tuned by tom in Port St Lucie (swell94 on HT). He gave me a really good deal and did a really great tune on eCtune. Plus hes a really nice guy and seems to really know his stuff. He helped me fix a few problems before and after the tune to make it run better. It was a pretty long drive but it was worth it.

Last edited by Jimster480; 04-07-2009 at 06:27 PM. Reason: cuz
Old 04-08-2009, 04:27 PM

thanks guys but i got my car tuned by tom in Port St Lucie (swell94 on HT). He gave me a really good deal and did a really great tune on eCtune. Plus hes a really nice guy and seems to really know his stuff. He helped me fix a few problems before and after the tune to make it run better. It was a pretty long drive but it was worth it.
Good Choice!
Old 04-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good to hear
Old 04-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by calvinPGMFI
good to hear
ya someone told me that he has met you and worked with you when you were down here.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:49 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Tuning in Miami

ya i need something that doesnt cost a shitload to get done. Hondata is a huge waste of money (as tons of people have told me). I need a decent tune as cheap as possible. I can always throw down money and change it at another time (but if i was gonna waste money on something like hondata i might as well just get a stand alone like a haltech).
I also want it to be a dyno tune. Although if i can get ar eally good street tune im ok with that too. But i desperately need it tuned because my car floods out. It shoots black almost all the time (not alot at low rpm, its bearly visible). But at higher RPM and when it catches boost its like a cloud. And after about 4 seconds of boosting it will flood out and start backfiring (poping flames). And im getting complete **** gas mileage (obviously). I dont have alot of money at the moment so I really need something that is as cheap as possible and will run my car fine and wont blow it up if i boost.

edit: wtf phearable is in florida? I never knew. Well i'd love to get my car tuned there but i really cant afford it atm. eCtune looks pretty nice for what i want to do. If i get it tuned on chrome I can still bring it there and have you guys put eCtune on it and tune it on there? or do I have to rechip my ECU?
I don’t know who’s been telling you Hondata is a waste of money. It’s actually one of the better tunes out there like K-tuner. It’s reliable and it won’t blow up your engine using it. But if you want cheap and living in Miami you will easlily find a non English speaking person who will gladly do it less than what the other guy is willing to do it for.. keep in mind you get what you pay for.

Last edited by TheShodan; 03-18-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Penguin79

I don’t know who’s been telling you Hondata is a waste of money. It’s actually one of the better tunes out there like Kruner. It’s reliable and it won’t blow up your engine using it. But if you want cheap and living in Miami you will easlily find a non English speaking person who will gladly do it less than what the other guy is willing to do it for.. keep in mind you get what you pay for.
This post is a decade old.
The car was tuned on ectune and actually is still on the same tune from 2009.
Its going to be retuned this year with God knowswhat.
In 2009 hondata was a pretty damn big waste of money compared to ectune.
It might still be a waste of money today, I'll have to research before I have the car tuned.