Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

Suggestions Needed: Ecu, Tuner, or fuel injector issue?

Old 01-04-2018, 01:04 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions Needed: Ecu, Tuner, or fuel injector issue?

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong spot, I am new to the site.

okay so here’s the story, I bought a well put together boosted b16a swapped EK it had 750cc RC injectors when I got it, it ran fine no issues on cold start or anything. My tuner wanted to put 450cc dsm injectors in which where used and sitting, so we put them in and began street tuning. Everything seemed great till the next morning when I went to go start my car and it would barley want to start after cranking for 30 seconds it would turn on idle super low then stall and it repeated that 2 more times before it would stay running still at a very low idle like 300-400rpm so I figured hmm maybe the tune is just off because we couldn’t read my AFR. A week later I got my AFR gauge to work and it was reading 12.4 or something around there but while driving it would go down to 10s when accelerating and then go up to 14s-15s when letting off gas and coasting then it would re adjust to mid 12.s sense I got my AFR to work he told me to bring it in for a final tune. I got there and put my 750cc injectors back in just because I wanted to run with those instead of the 450cc’s I made sure it started then I told him I’m ready for the tune. He brings his computer out and hooks everything up within 30 seconds my car died so he messed with the computer and then unplugged it and it started back up then about 2 minutes later it died again, we figured to I much gas so we put the 450cc’s back in the car and still nothing we changed plugs, tried another distributor, but nothing was working and we even tried a different ecu and we got it to start but at 2k rpms it would act as a rev limiter even while driving in any gear I could not go passed 2k my car would just buck and surge. So idk what happened my fuses are fine, when I turn the key forward the CEL stays on never turns off but my battery is almost dead from trying to turn the car over a lot. It’s been 2 weeks sense then and last night I tried cleaning the spark plugs off and it started and ran for 30 seconds I’m not sure If my computer keeps going into limp mode or what. I really need help that’s the story and I don’t know what I should do before I start wasting money on random things. Could it be the chip? The ecu? Or just bad injectors
Old 01-04-2018, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default re: Suggestions Needed: Ecu, Tuner, or fuel injector issue?

It's the tuner. find a new tuner.
If there's any way to put the original map back on it from before he ever touched it, do that too. But whatever you do, stop letting that guy touch your car
Old 01-04-2018, 06:56 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah he will never touch my car again trust me He’s on bad terms with me. I am gonna buy a new chip, I found a guy on eBay that sells chips that he tunes to your setup so I’ll see how that goes
Old 01-08-2018, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Boosted_Boy
Yeah he will never touch my car again trust me He’s on bad terms with me. I am gonna buy a new chip, I found a guy on eBay that sells chips that he tunes to your setup so I’ll see how that goes
It will probably go about as well as your last experience. Try taking it to a reputable tuner, there is no way you are going to run a boosted engine very reliably off an internet base map chip without tuning.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Suggestions Needed: Ecu, Tuner, or fuel injector issue?

Originally Posted by GhostAccord
It will probably go about as well as your last experience. Try taking it to a reputable tuner, there is no way you are going to run a boosted engine very reliably off an internet base map chip without tuning.
x2
I'd be surprised if a basemap purchased online would even run any better than your previous tuner's tune.
As I said before, find a new tuner, and get a real tune