Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

s300 smanager virus detected?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s300 smanager virus detected?

I downloaded the smanager yesterday and installed in onto my laptop with no issues. today i am trying to install it onto my desktop an it is coming up that the file is infected. i tried calling hondata to give them a heads up and they told me to disable my antivirus... the virus that was detected is called win32/virut.Z

anyone wanna download it and see whats up?
Old 10-09-2008, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: s300 smanager virus detected? (elmalouno)

I had the same issue with the SManager.exe. I did what Hondata recommends, no problems so far.

http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8240
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Some anti-virus software, notably AVG, falsely detect a virus in our software.

The first point to make is that there is no virus. Both the main applicatation executables (eg KManager.exe) and the installation executable (eg KManager-1-2-4.exe) have digital certificates signed by Hondata. If the files are altered in any way then the certificates are marked as invalid. If you are unsure as to whether our software contains a virus, then right click on the file, access 'Digital Signatures' then click on 'Hondata Inc'. It should mention 'The digitial signature is ok'. If any single bit of the file is altered, then it will say 'The digital signature is invalid'.

The anti-virus software authors have been contacted over the last few months. Some have fixed the problem, however the flagging of our software as containing a virus seems to vary from release to release of both the anti-virus software and our own software.

The best option at the moment is to disable protect for the application directory (eg c:\program files\kmanager\). Note that often you need to do this in two places - both for the active scanning and file scanning.</TD></TR></TABLE>