Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

Hondata s300 update. Stalls when pressing throttle

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 10:16 AM
pm4nudes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hondata s300 update. Stalls when pressing throttle

i just recently updated my smanager version. Replaced the tps and scaled the tps on smanager. Updated the calibration and now everytime i try to open the throttle fast the engine stalls. I can open the throttle slowly and keep it from stalling, but anytime i stab the throttle it stalls instantly. It idles fine. Turns over everytime. Nothing else was changed on the calibration other than scaling the tps. I tried uploading the old calibration, but i get the same problem. No error codes or cels. New tps tested out just fine with a multimeter. Sensors werent switched. There are a few similar issues that ive found on hondata site with no solution other than get a retune or reupload the old calibration.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:58 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Re: Hondata s300 update. Stalls when pressing throttle

Check your injector dead times and phasing. I know it makes no sense, but I had the same problem and turned out to be this.

Apparently when downloading maps saved with an older version of Smanager, some of these calibrations can get corrupted.

I just reset my phasing to stock numbers and it ran perfectly.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:11 AM
pm4nudes

So it seems that injector dead times were set back to the s300 defults. After changing that im now able to blip the throttle in neutral without it stalling, but it does get super lean and the revs will hang at about 1500rpms before dropping. I tried moving the car but everytime i let off the clutch it stalls immediately. Im wondering what else couldve changed as i dont have the original copy of the tune just the one i downloaded from the ecu.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:15 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by chewyv
So it seems that injector dead times were set back to the s300 defults. After changing that im now able to blip the throttle in neutral without it stalling, but it does get super lean and the revs will hang at about 1500rpms before dropping. I tried moving the car but everytime i let off the clutch it stalls immediately. Im wondering what else couldve changed as i dont have the original copy of the tune just the one i downloaded from the ecu.
You'll have to go through all of the parameters. It sounds like we're in the same boat, and unless you know what all your settings were before, you may need a retune.

I was able to get my car running and driving by resetting dead times and phasing, but it still is not running right under load and will need to be tuned.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:42 AM
pm4nudes

Originally Posted by 2x0
You'll have to go through all of the parameters. It sounds like we're in the same boat, and unless you know what all your settings were before, you may need a retune.

I was able to get my car running and driving by resetting dead times and phasing, but it still is not running right under load and will need to be tuned.
Do you know what would cause the rev to hang after blipping the throttle at idle?
Old 04-17-2017, 06:31 PM
pm4nudes

Update: Got a hold of the original tune from the tuner 4 years ago. Car runs fine now. After compring the two cals, the one i downloaded from the ecu with the updated software was a complete mess compared to the original tune. Hope this thread helps someone else out in the future.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:41 PM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Would you be willing to give more details on what had changed, or possibly even share the two calibrations so I could see what all was different?

I ask because I am in the same situation, however the tuner no longer had my original tune, so I have no way of knowing what else was changed when I upgraded.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had a problem like this. My laptop died car running excellent! so we used his laptop. His software was outdated and Software would not open. So we updated and presto software function. Connect to ecu and it makes us do a Firmware update. We do the firmware update. Then fire up the Car, it fires right up sounds great. Go to drive off and noticed it all the sudden has a hard cut at 2800 EY WTF!?!. No Rev Limit of any type found in the logs and nothing wrong in the tune. So at this point I say **** this lets get my laptop back up. Get Ping hooked up car runs great rev limit at 2800 still and NO no vss issues or anything..everything was proper this car was not a pos. So I retry the Firmware update and then Upload a Revert Cal from that morning before any of the instant bullshit just from switching Laptops and same thing.

SO WHAT I ENDED UP DOING, the next morning was holding the Battery Cables together for like 1 minute and then Re Uploading Firmware and magically every recent Calibration bounces smoothly off the Rev Limiter at 9000 again.
I don't know WTF it was about. But it was a bitch. I actually traveled out to vegas to put on the Trans and brush up the quick tune we did previously.

I'v had a few issues with Hondata updates most seemed to be resolved with a few key I/Os I now have all incoming traffic from them blocked. The software works fine right now and that's how i'd like it to stay!
Sounds like you just need to make sure you put your TPS on correct more then likely though.