Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Engine Management and Tuning (https://honda-tech.com/forums/engine-management-tuning-124/)
-   -   Fuel Pump Wont Prime (P28 w/ Neptune RTP) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/engine-management-tuning-124/fuel-pump-wont-prime-p28-w-neptune-rtp-3285668/)

Omega Blaze 09-21-2016 12:00 PM

Fuel Pump Wont Prime (P28 w/ Neptune RTP)

However, the fuel pump works just fine with my regular chipped P28.

When I plug in my refurbished ECU with the demon, the fuel pump doesn't prime
and the car doesn't crank.

Could it be the ECU that I received or something was soldered wrong?

7rrivera7 09-22-2016 02:12 PM

Re: Fuel Pump Wont Prime (P28 w/ Neptune RTP)

Does the CE light stay on? Try leaving the key in ACC and go have a coffee. If when you return the CE light is off and you can start the car, it's the ECU - I repair this issue daily.

92cxturbo 09-22-2016 03:56 PM

The car should still crank without an ecu installed. If you mean crank as in the starter turning the motor over that is. If it is just the fuel pump issue then it's a pretty easy fix.

Omega Blaze 09-23-2016 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by 7rrivera7 (Post 51062051)
Does the CE light stay on? Try leaving the key in ACC and go have a coffee. If when you return the CE light is off and you can start the car, it's the ECU - I repair this issue daily.

The CE light doesn't come on at all.

Omega Blaze 09-23-2016 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by 92cxturbo (Post 51062121)
The car should still crank without an ecu installed. If you mean crank as in the starter turning the motor over that is. If it is just the fuel pump issue then it's a pretty easy fix.

It's not a fuel pump issue. The fuel pump primes fine with my chipped p28. It's just this ecu with the neptune demon installed that doesn't prime or crank (motor running).

92cxturbo 09-23-2016 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Omega Blaze (Post 51063165)
It's not a fuel pump issue. The fuel pump primes fine with my chipped p28. It's just this ecu with the neptune demon installed that doesn't prime or crank (motor running).

I didn't mean the fuel pump itself. The ecu needs repaired if the pump doesn't prime, and it does with a different ecu.

spAdam 09-24-2016 01:27 PM

It's almost definitely a bad ecu, this is not an uncommon failure on one that's old enough to buy you a drink. Good news is that it most likely can be repaired.

When the shop you got this "refurbished" ecu did the work on it, did they replace anything and test the the ecu or just clean the case and slap a sticker on it? I would start by contacting them, hopefully it's a minor mistake on their part.