Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

Crome Basemap (Advise required)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crome Basemap (Advise required)

Hello,
I'm trying to learn a little bit about tuning with crome... specially for basemaps. I'm working on a basemap for my car since I'm in Baja and there are no tuners nearby. I think that the closest one is at San Diego.

ECU: P28 (chipped obviously)
D16Y7 (Oem internals)
240cc injectors (Probably going to buy a set of 440cc)
Stock FPR
Walbro fuel pump
Emusa (cheap) T3/T4 .50 Trim turbo
The wastegate is "set" to 8 psi

I've been playing a little bit with crome and I came up with this basemap, I will order an AEM wideband next week but meanwhile I'd like to know if this would be safe for driving/cruising some time.
I already have the chips and the burn2 burner and freelog (useless as for now).

I don't really wanna buy a bin, if I have everything to do it myself it wouldnt hurt me if I learn how to do it, that's why I came here for advise.
Regards!

Old 10-12-2016, 05:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Crome Basemap (Advise required)

I wouldn't try driving it without a wb02 installed
Old 10-12-2016, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi, most of the people out there with a basemap is not running a wideband. I won't get it until two weeks from now.
Meanwhile I wanna drive/cruise the car. And I'm pretty sure that someone that knows how to 'Read' these tables/charts can see if there's something wrong with it.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-12-2016, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

There is no way to tell how those maps are going to react to your car by looking at them. We also have no idea what injector settings and dead times you have in your calibration. Just wait until you get your wideband.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Are you trying to tune your car without a WB just because "most of the people out of there aren't running a wideband"? Well...

First: post timing table, not just the graphs.
Second: reading fuel map without feedback (o2 sensor) is useless.
Third: why are you using high and low cam tables? D16y7 is a non vtec engine. You just need to use low cam tables and disable vtec and vtec checks.
Fourth: 240cc injectors are ok for 180HP as much. You will be in troubles boosting your engine when running those injectors. At least, grab some H22 310's injectors.
Fifth: Try creating boost tables using less columns, the ecu firmware does the thing using interpolation, that amount of columns will be a pain in the *** when tuning.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Masterl1nk
Are you trying to tune your car without a WB just because "most of the people out of there aren't running a wideband"? Well...

First: post timing table, not just the graphs.
Second: reading fuel map without feedback (o2 sensor) is useless.
Third: why are you using high and low cam tables? D16y7 is a non vtec engine. You just need to use low cam tables and disable vtec and vtec checks.
Fourth: 240cc injectors are ok for 180HP as much. You will be in troubles boosting your engine when running those injectors. At least, grab some H22 310's injectors.
Fifth: Try creating boost tables using less columns, the ecu firmware does the thing using interpolation, that amount of columns will be a pain in the *** when tuning.
No. If you read the OP, I state that I will order a wideband but meanwhile I want to drive/cruise my car (Not floor the gas pedal and drive at WOT the whole time, I know it is a base map) and I just wanted to know if there was something wrong with the tables shown (maybe something obvious that I could be missing)
1.-I'll check this out and get back to you.
2.-Agree... but you can see if there's a spike or if I'm having a lack of fuel.
3.-Sorry, they were there I just took the screenshot and posted them as well. Vtec and everything related to it is disabled.
4.-I'm planning on getting 440cc perhaps 550cc if I can get them for cheap.
5.-Will do, good advise.

Thanks a lot for taking your time.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Herzeleid
No. If you read the OP, I state that I will order a wideband but meanwhile I want to drive/cruise my car (Not floor the gas pedal and drive at WOT the whole time, I know it is a base map) and I just wanted to know if there was something wrong with the tables shown (maybe something obvious that I could be missing)
1.-I'll check this out and get back to you.
2.-Agree... but you can see if there's a spike or if I'm having a lack of fuel.
3.-Sorry, they were there I just took the screenshot and posted them as well. Vtec and everything related to it is disabled.
4.-I'm planning on getting 440cc perhaps 550cc if I can get them for cheap.
5.-Will do, good advise.

Thanks a lot for taking your time.
Great! Well, if you want to improve the drivability tuning the fuel map, take the car around and make some miles in the city. Check for engine bogging and check your plugs after some driving (20 minutes or so). That would bring to you a near idea about the fuel table