Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

crome 1.6.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm Huge In Japan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: crome 1.6.0

The 1.6.x install directory is somewhere in application data folder under your username instead of under Program Files, if you just copy all your files (except crome.exe obviously) then it should restore all of your functions and registration. Most of your settings should stay the same but I think the crome.ini structure might be a little different so you'll have to reconfigure your RTP and DL settings.
It's an old thread, I know, but people are still asking me about this.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

as far as I know nobody has gotten the new crome to datalog with a demon.

if you have done it please post how you got it done.

thanks

mike
Old 11-13-2011, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

When mine upgraded everything worked fine except a ton of my old files wouldnt load. So when id try to reload the BIN for my racecar it would even come up. And a ton of older BINs wouldnt work either. So i relaoded good 'ol 1.5.0 and everything is back to normal. Only thing that sucks is my tuning laptop was having issues and i bought a new laptop and i couldnt get a new Reg. sting for it without paying. So i spent some time to get my old tuning laptop to work again. Now its strictly used for Crome.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm Huge In Japan

Originally Posted by mikesrex
as far as I know nobody has gotten the new crome to datalog with a demon.
...are you using the new Gold Base 0.94 ROM?
Old 12-28-2011, 04:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VegasInvasion
For the Gold rom you use the QD3/demon setup
for other roms you're suppose to use the QD2 or QD3 i forgot.. either way, datalog still does not work for me. I'm tuning crome cars like i did in the "old" days..takes alittle longer but its alright. I dont think anyone has gotten datalog to work with a demon yet.. i've tried for hours.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I haven't tried in a while so I can't remember. My question to you or anyone else is did you get datalogging to work with the newest version of crome? nobody has answered this question with a "yes" yet.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ALL M0T0R
For the Gold rom you use the QD3/demon setup
for other roms you're suppose to use the QD2 or QD3 i forgot.. either way, datalog still does not work for me. I'm tuning crome cars like i did in the "old" days..takes alittle longer but its alright. I dont think anyone has gotten datalog to work with a demon yet.. i've tried for hours.
works with 1.6.2
Old 01-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blackKready
i hate to complain , but seems like a half assed non-communicated update and more problems with this damn program. like , get it together boys , were paying for this you know what im saying. kinda pisses me off how little thought goes into the "how will this affect the buyer/user" . should just be able to update the program with no reg string problems or any other hurdles to jump over. this program COULD be great to use.

last time i used it , i wasnt getting NO map trace on high cam , had to guess what cells the ecu was reading from. had the car running perfect , one week later it was leaning out , like the map on the chip changed itself. also , maybe others have noticed this , it seems the map once made runs leaner once burned to a chip , than it does on the ostrich. what is it that makes this program so damn glitchy exactly chris? i as well have bought many things off your site , and referenced dozens of people to xenocron for all thier ecu needs.
You know, Hondata, and NepTune have SOLID products that you could use if your having to many issues with Crome.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm Huge In Japan

Originally Posted by 2k.civic.si
works with 1.6.2
x2, Crome 1.6.2 and the Gold 0.94 ROM works with Demon for me. Are you using the latest FTDI drivers? And is it just giving you the wrong readings or not connecting?
Old 01-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, ****. lol
Old 01-13-2012, 02:01 PM
I'm Huge In Japan

Originally Posted by Bugermass
You know, Hondata, and NepTune have SOLID products that you could use if your having to many issues with Crome.
Hondata's a joke, but... yeh if you already have a Demon I'm not sure why you're not using Neptune anyway, it would've cost you about the same for the license. Sell someone your Crome license and buy Neptune if you can't get it to work.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hondata's a joke, but... yeh if you already have a Demon I'm not sure why you're not using Neptune anyway, it would've cost you about the same for the license. Sell someone your Crome license and buy Neptune if you can't get it to work.
I'm just a little curious why you think hondatas a "joke" ?
Old 01-14-2012, 07:29 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Because it's not free I guess.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:24 PM
I'm Huge In Japan

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
Because it's not free I guess.
An arrogant statement given that none of this conversation is about free software. Watch your manners, Mr. Productive Input.
Every business deserves profit, but not when you threaten the development of future products by trying to sue everyone. My OBD1 platform of preference is Neptune, all around.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:22 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Arrogant statement? So's this.
Hondata's a joke
Next time back up your statements or others will fill in the blanks as they please.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm Huge In Japan

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
Arrogant statement? So's this.
Next time back up your statements or others will fill in the blanks as they please.
Or you could just not be arrogant and have simply asked if you were curious, Bugermass did a fine job of it. And no, that statement was not arrogant. Pick up a dictionary amigo.
Ciao.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im clueless as well on how to datalog the demon.

i have crome dealer version 1.6.2

it will connect to the ECU but i get a datalog error that comes up and says 'connection timed out.'

it any1 can help please PM me, txt, call, anything

484 767 1433, name is steve
Old 01-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So should one not purchase pro license if using hulog and ostrich? Wtf. Am I gonna just be wanting to kill myself?
Old 01-28-2012, 11:32 AM
OG Hot Rodder

I have datalogging working with CROME Pro 1.6.2 and a Hulog + Ostrich. However, I can't figure out why I am unable to log TPS values (see my post below.)

There doesn't seem to be much support for CROME these days, even on the forums...
Old 01-28-2012, 11:36 AM

An arrogant statement given that none of this conversation is about free software. Watch your manners, Mr. Productive Input.
Every business deserves profit, but not when you threaten the development of future products by trying to sue everyone. My OBD1 platform of preference is Neptune, all around.
FYI, you should research the whole Hondata vs pgmfi.org (Dave Blundell situation).
If you were in Hondata's shoes you would have done the same thing or even more....

Imagine your "Microsoft" and some website named 32bitforum.org had posted a dump of your code which you developed for anyone to download....
If you were "Microsoft" you would be firing immediate legal action at 32bitforum.org
This is considered protecting your intellectual property rights. Hondata did nothing wrong.
In fact hondata was very lenient considering what they "could" have done.

Hope this helps :-)
Old 01-28-2012, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea i hear it works well with hulog and ostrich but datalogging using the demon is kicking my ***
Old 02-09-2012, 09:39 PM
I'm Huge In Japan

Originally Posted by tuck1crx
im clueless as well on how to datalog the demon.

i have crome dealer version 1.6.2

it will connect to the ECU but i get a datalog error that comes up and says 'connection timed out.'

it any1 can help please PM me, txt, call, anything

484 767 1433, name is steve
Honestly for some reason it just doesn't work on some computers. With mine and a few others I have no issues, but I've personally tried to set it up on some and no amount of troubleshooting got it to work. Nonetheless, we should start a sticky on troubleshooting this.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:12 PM
I'm Huge In Japan

Originally Posted by mtber
FYI, you should research the whole Hondata vs pgmfi.org (Dave Blundell situation). If you were in Hondata's shoes you would have done the same thing or even more.... ...This is considered protecting your intellectual property rights. Hondata did nothing wrong.
In fact hondata was very lenient considering what they "could" have done.
John, don't make me open the books on intellectual property rights, I have a copy of the summons and I'm familiar with the charges. Anyone with the capacity to effectively counterfeit Hondata products could have obtained that information themselves; I guarantee not a single person who downloaded that file proceeded to commit a crime with it that would threaten Hondata's profitability - moreover, I guarantee Hondata didn't bother holding them accountable although the user agreement assumes them responsible for their content.
It was a power stunt to ward off competition. And it was successful! They've cornered the market on Honda ECUs because nobody wants to be accused of "stealing" their ideas, which will inevitably be similar considering the fundamental structure and modern tuning demand. It's tyrannical and unfair to consumers & businesses alike.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:21 PM
I'm Huge In Japan

Originally Posted by MarkOlson
I have datalogging working with CROME Pro 1.6.2 and a Hulog + Ostrich. However, I can't figure out why I am unable to log TPS values (see my post below.)

There doesn't seem to be much support for CROME these days, even on the forums...
If your TPS values are coming up wrong or not showing it's either a bad file or a TPS issue. Check the raw voltages, make sure you've calibrated the TPS in your ROM correctly, verify you're using the correct datalog serial protocol for your ROM. If you're still having issues you may need to update the CDM driver and/or reinstall Crome.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Honestly for some reason it just doesn't work on some computers. With mine and a few others I have no issues, but I've personally tried to set it up on some and no amount of troubleshooting got it to work. Nonetheless, we should start a sticky on troubleshooting this.
Been having these issues as well on one of my laptops. All the settings are proper, but still having datalogging issues. Anyone come up with a fix to this?

Quick Reply: crome 1.6.0