Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

Chipped p28 on Crome with a base map tune ECU in limp mode?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chipped p28 on Crome with a base map tune ECU in limp mode?

Im pretty sure my ecu went into limp mode because i go to check codes and the check engine light stays solid and doesnt flash (from what i read that is the code for the ECU)

The car will start up and seems to run fine for like 5 seconds then drops in rpms and sputters kinda at idle. Then when i give it gas it will rise up to about 2500 rpms and will sputter really hard and will not hit boost.

To help out i have a 1998 civic d16y8 turbo

-stock engine and transmission
-Chipped p28 on crome with a base map tune
-walbro 255 fuel pump
-dsm 450cc injectors with resistor box
-cx racing turbo kit
-Skunk 2 intake manifold and 70mm TB
Im just wondering what could of all caused it to go into limp mode or if it even is in limp mode, from other threads its sounds like its in limp mode.

The only wiring i have done on the harness would be the wiring for the injectors. all of the wires are getting the correct voltage and the resistor box has the correct resistance.

Some of the other things ive thought it could be would be maybe my ground wires are not thick enough for the voltage being produced. I had a ebay obd2 to obd1 jumper harness in the car and after looking it up i got sketched out about using it thinking it could have caused the problems im having so i ordered a new rywire jumper harness (have not got it yet it will be here tomorrow). Those are the only things i can think of that would be causing my problem.

If anyone has had a problem like this please respond so i can get my car running, im running out of ideas.