Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

Assistance Needed: Apexi Power FC on B18C1

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Assistance Needed: Apexi Power FC on B18C1

I just bought a b18c EG with the power fc edu, i have to open the throttle to over 1000rpm to prevent the engine turnoff, if i release the padel while it is 20 km/hthe engine must be turn off. And the new spark plug become to block after the idling. So, i think the mixture is rich. And check the injection map on the commander , that all the data are "50", i dont know what does it meaning. Is it the correct data?
should clear all the data and do the self learning?
Anybody have the b18c with apexi same here? Can give me some advise? Or some data ? I just want it can run in normal. Thanks you!
Old 03-27-2018, 01:19 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default re: Assistance Needed: Apexi Power FC on B18C1

Originally Posted by Brembomaster
I just bought a b18c EG with the power fc edu, i have to open the throttle to over 1000rpm to prevent the engine turnoff, if i release the padel while it is 20 km/hthe engine must be turn off. And the new spark plug become to block after the idling. So, i think the mixture is rich. And check the injection map on the commander , that all the data are "50", i dont know what does it meaning. Is it the correct data?
should clear all the data and do the self learning?
Anybody have the b18c with apexi same here? Can give me some advise? Or some data ? I just want it can run in normal. Thanks you!
You can't perform self learn through the commander. In fact, there really isn't a truevself-learn feature on this hardware.

Depending upon the year of your FC, you may be able to use the FC DAtalog IT software, or go to an Apexi.tuner to manipulate the entire tables of the software.

You can't just use .hdx map formats without access to the full table. You don't just go around like hondata or AEM and get a "bunch of maps"

Is this NA? as the EK9 b18c can run by itself. But only if your TPS sensor is calibrated to run stock with stock injector.

I know it works. I'm still the only one in my region of the U.S running Power FC & turbocharged. Been doing so since 2004.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Assistance Needed: Apexi Power FC on B18C1

Find someone with Datalogit FC software and box ( was very popular amongst the RX7 FD crowd ) . or you can buy one from new zealand.

You will have better access to the maps, and be able to tune the afrs as needed.

FC Datalogit - Tuning Software for your APEXi Power FC

even though I find power fc outdated, it still works great.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:28 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Assistance Needed: Apexi Power FC on B18C1

Originally Posted by DVDr
Find someone with Datalogit FC software and box ( was very popular amongst the RX7 FD crowd ) . or you can buy one from new zealand.

You will have better access to the maps, and be able to tune the afrs as needed.

FC Datalogit - Tuning Software for your APEXi Power FC

even though I find power fc outdated, it still works great.
Yes. I still have the FC datalogit & the software. Back in the day, it took 4 months for it to come in, and that was before using the FC Commander controller, which is now the standard.

So, which hardware/software you use depends upon the year your FC was made. If it wasn't made in the last 3-5 years, you'll need FC datalogit. If you purchased it recently, it means that you're using the .hdx format, and can use the FC Commander Pro Sfotware (415-X910). You cannot use the FC Commander Pro Software on older Power FCs earlier than 2009. That's where the Apex'i Power Excel Dealer /tuner comes in.

I'm changing to Haltech in my Integra and have a newer Power FC (.hdx) format for my wife's car, so as Soon as I change out the hardware, I may sell the Datalogit and older hardware.