Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

ANYONE left in MD to tune NEPTUNE??

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANYONE left in MD to tune NEPTUNE??

Im in glen burnie MARYLAND.

I have looked in the tuner directory, and Sal has tuned my car in the past. I am not able to get ahold of him now, and I NEED to retune and get back out there!! Just checking in to see if anyone in here may know. Would suck to have to go out of state or change EMS for convenience...

Thanks
Smiley
Old 03-09-2011, 05:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ANYONE left in MD to tune NEPTUNE??

I am not too far away from you.. I am in South Central PA.

Probably about 1.5-2 hrs from you.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Upgrade to the neptune rtp style system then anyone can tune it :-)
Old 03-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 93turbo16

^Worth the trip

Takes me 1.5hrs to get to John. Always a great experience.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I def. plan on upgrading neptune. Thinking about the demon board and possibly the new rd1. Trying to fig. out if its worth it to spend the cash on the rd1.

As for tuning, I have heard good things about jk tuning. I probally wouldn't mind making that drive, but the thing that makes me sketch about going to someone away from me like that is what if the tune has issues? I have seen cars do great on the dyno time after time, and then get on the street or the track and have issues. I get it, I know that thats part of tuning but that would suck to get a trailer or make the drive and wind up having problems @ the track... then what? I have to drive allll the way back and probally pay more $$. Maybe Im just used to having someone closer to me, but that is my only worry about going to some of these more reputable shops
Old 03-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You could upgrade to the RTP and get retuned by a tuner if you're not ready to do it yourself. Then if you need simple changes you can make them or have your tuner help you out as needed.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SIXTY-1HATCH
I def. plan on upgrading neptune. Thinking about the demon board and possibly the new rd1. Trying to fig. out if its worth it to spend the cash on the rd1.

As for tuning, I have heard good things about jk tuning. I probally wouldn't mind making that drive, but the thing that makes me sketch about going to someone away from me like that is what if the tune has issues? I have seen cars do great on the dyno time after time, and then get on the street or the track and have issues. I get it, I know that thats part of tuning but that would suck to get a trailer or make the drive and wind up having problems @ the track... then what? I have to drive allll the way back and probally pay more $$. Maybe Im just used to having someone closer to me, but that is my only worry about going to some of these more reputable shops
Any good tuner, like j-k, will take the car on the street after the dyno tune to double check the tune in real road conditions. If a tuner doesn't do that, i wouldn't give them your business.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 93turbo16

I would recommend this guy over just about anyone.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I used to use Sal also....but he fell off the face of the earth. I go to IMW with DROB and JK!
Old 03-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What exactly is IMW and DROB? But your right about him falling off the damn earth!!
Old 03-12-2011, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Innovatie MotorWorks. Derek ROBinson is one of the tuners.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Furyof4
Any good tuner, like j-k, will take the car on the street after the dyno tune to double check the tune in real road conditions. If a tuner doesn't do that, i wouldn't give them your business.
Any tuner that has a load bearing dyno that can properly replicate the road doesn't have to risk their life on the street. For years I always checked cars on the street and never had to make any changes, and then last year had a customer not paying attention get pulled over and the trooper drew his gun on us...so I was done after that

Dynapacks don't have enough inertia to do the really low load areas of Part throttle tuning...and you can't really do load based part throttle on an inertia only dynojet so yes those would have to be driven to clean up those areas, but if your tuner has to make changes on the street in the full throttle areas, what's the point of getting dyno tuned...lol
Old 03-12-2011, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by SIXTY-1HATCH
What exactly is IMW and DROB? But your right about him falling off the damn earth!!
Go to John Kerr and get yourself the Demon RTP. Then if there is anything you need to address, you can log it and email it to JK and have him adjust any oddities that may come up or certain parameters you might need altered for the track
Old 03-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by xenocron
Any tuner that has a load bearing dyno that can properly replicate the road doesn't have to risk their life on the street. For years I always checked cars on the street and never had to make any changes, and then last year had a customer not paying attention get pulled over and the trooper drew his gun on us...so I was done after that

Dynapacks don't have enough inertia to do the really low load areas of Part throttle tuning...and you can't really do load based part throttle on an inertia only dynojet so yes those would have to be driven to clean up those areas, but if your tuner has to make changes on the street in the full throttle areas, what's the point of getting dyno tuned...lol
The street isn't for full throttle, mostly checking part throttle. I have experienced several tuners doing this and they are all people I respect and trust.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xenocron
Exactly. I take the cars out after the dyno session (the ones that are street legal) to check up on fuel cut and off idle throttle response.

That is something that is rather difficult to get just right on the dynapack. I hardly ever do any WOT pulls on the street.. like you I was getting tired of risking it all the time.