Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Engine Machining & Assembly (https://honda-tech.com/forums/engine-machining-assembly-164/)
-   -   Welcome and Suggestions (https://honda-tech.com/forums/engine-machining-assembly-164/welcome-suggestions-3248941/)

crazes 05-26-2015 07:04 PM

Welcome and Suggestions

Our members have asked for dedicated machinists/builders sub-forum and we're trying to give it to them. We will be adding more information and threads to the section. At the same time please bare with us as we begin building the FAQ section for this sub-forum. If any of our members have suggestions of threads they believe should be FAQ, please feel free to send them to me or post it in this thread. Let's make this section strong and bring back the technical aspect that some people feel has been lost.

raverx3m 07-13-2015 12:04 PM

Re: Welcome and Suggestions

great section. way overdue...

so many people fucking up their builds because of lack of correct information or too much contradicting info about what should be done.

I think a sticky about affordable tools and where to get them(brand model store quality price) and what tools you need for different builds

like for example the valve master tool ValveMaster valve spring compressor 4 valve heads
a lot of mechanics use it but its not well known for most people I just found it about 2 years ago and its a damn time saver. I used it on 75lb springs with some elbow grease but for stock rebuilds its great. if I knew it before it would save me a lot of time when I made the stupid clamp and brass fitting DIY tool from harbor freight
took me about 45 minutes to install springs vs. less than 5 minutes to install springs with valve master tool.

PyroProblem 02-09-2016 02:08 AM

How about a sticky for oem bearing thicknesses with the original thread created by Earl? (RIP Earl)

PyroProblem 04-13-2017 02:54 PM

I know its asking alot and some may view it as copying other forums or FB, but what about adding a "like" button for posts?

There's many times I "like" or "agree" with a post, but dont want to clutter up an informational thread with things like "Good Job" and " yep, I agree"..

If its been asked before, then nevermind :)

Doodasi 10-27-2017 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by PyroProblem (Post 50760440)
How about a sticky for oem bearing thicknesses with the original thread created by Earl? (RIP Earl)

ASE certified master engine machinist chiming in here. You need a bearing micrometer to check that. It has a little ball on one end. Most people have no idea what it is, let alone owning one. Best for you to use a plastiguage. I personally dont like them, because you leave a chunk of plastic stuck to your bearing, but that's what people do. If you are away from a machinist, and don't have dial bore guages, and micrometers, it is the best way to measure everything all at once.

Jdarriola 10-01-2021 05:41 PM

Is this where i tell the problem with my car that im having an get hekp with it part???