Notices

oil orifices locking rocker arm rod in place?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil orifices locking rocker arm rod in place?

hey got question for you all just got my head back from the machine shop put the head on the block and went to put the oil orifices (between the cam caps on the timing belt side) on the intake side and it fit fine but on the exhaust side I noticed it didnt go down all the way so pulled it out and looked inside and theres no hole just the rod now i did a little research and found out the rocker arm rod is suppose to have a hole so the orifices can lock it in place am I correct?

now since i cant stick it in im wondering if I can take the t55 bolt/nut off and just spin the rod so the hole lines up?

any help would be appreciated looked everywhere cant find any info

tia!
Old 11-18-2015, 04:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: oil orifices locking rocker arm rod in place?

On my 95 gsr b18c1 the rocker shafts are indeed held in place by the oil control orifice's. The one that has a notch at the top is on the intake side, and the squared one is on the exhaust side. There's a great diagram on the web I got from mitchell1 pro demand but if you search b18c1 valve train diagram in google images i'm sure it'll pop up. It's in AllData too. The image is straight from Honda.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:26 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Assuming this is for a Honda B-series VTEC engine (details matter ya' know?)... Making a thread with no information is like saying, I have a car, and something is wrong with it. How do I fix it?

Yes, you can spin the rocker arm shaft. It should move freely in its bore until the orifices are installed. You may have one of the shafts backwards possibly as well.

Honda Automotive Parts

Old 11-22-2015, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^^ ya the allen/or hex bolt comes out and you just spin it, I also dont think you can get it upside down either the holes throughout the shaft are equal all the way through the shaft so just spin it till you see your orifice hole line it up and push the oil control orifice down through.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thread a bolt in the rocker shaft BY HAND and rotate the shaft until the hole shows up and in stall the office.

The shafts are identical and you cannot see the hole because the way its clocked.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea sry jdm b18c just like that pic^^ I ended up removing the nut by the distributor side and screwed and bolt through so I could pushed the rocker arm in place and the orifices finally went into place thanks alot!