Im wondering if you can use a h22 crank in a h23 block

Old 06-04-2018, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im wondering if you can use a h22 crank in a h23 block

Im doing an h2b swap on my ej1. I have a h23 non vtec block from a prelude with a spun bearing, it was knocking hard so i know is no good. And i also have a h22 block that i bought and the owner had said it was rebuilt and sent to machine shop. I was wondering if it is possible for me to put the crank and rods and pistons from the h22 block into the h23 block. I would’ve used the h22 block but its missing alot of things the only thing it has its crank rods and pistons and i really dont want to spend too much and finding the missing parts for the h22 block. So again my question was can i use the h22 crank, rods, and pistons and put it in the h23 block. What is different or what do you guys recommend on me doing?
Old 06-04-2018, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Im wondering if you can use a h22 crank in a h23 block

If the H22 is a 1997 or older engine... then yes, it will swap in. If the H22 engine is a 1998 or newer, the main journals are BIGGER than those in the H23 and it will not work.