Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Engine Machining & Assembly (https://honda-tech.com/forums/engine-machining-assembly-164/)
-   -   GSR Build for 800whp+ (https://honda-tech.com/forums/engine-machining-assembly-164/gsr-build-800whp-3315277/)

s0_wavyyy 02-19-2018 09:03 AM

GSR Build for 800whp+

So this is my very 1st post on here . I am not new to the forums but i'm new to posting . I have scanned through so many threads daily and alot of information has already helped with my build and i might need more help and info...
Anyways .... I am currently doing a GSR build/swap into my 97 integra .

HEADS:
Skunk2 cams stage 1
Full Ferrera valvetrain
Local machine shop port and polish
Golden eagle cam gears
ARP headstuds(l19s)
Cometic head gasket set
Skunk2 4.5l intake mani , port and polish (by hand)
90mm TB

SHORTBLOCK:
Arias pistons 83mm w 10:5:1 comp
BC H beam rods w 625s rod bolts
ACl race bearings
OEM oil pan
Type R oil pump
CSS high hp b18c1 block
Gates timing belt
ATI pulley

FUEL:
450 walboro in tank 2
Dual fullblown motorsports dual pump hanger
-8an return and feed
ID2000s
Aem flex fuel sensor kit
FUEL LAB -8an inline filter and Fuel lab regulator
My goal is to make 400-450whp on pump and i'll take whatever on e85

TURBO Setup:
gtw3884r vband inlet & outlet .82 a/r back housing
Sheepey Built top mount intake mani and 850whp dual back door intercooler
3" inlet and outlet for intercooler piping
3" full exhaust from downpipe to muffler

SUSPENSION :
Blox drag racing coilovers
Skunks 2 everything (camber kit rear and front , upper strut bar & rear strut bar both black series , toe arms )
MPC control arms and subframe brace
KTuned traaction bar w engine mounts
Wilwood front and back 4 pistons break kit
205/50/15 Mickey Thompson street radials
RPF1 15" wheels
Lots more goodies that i am forgetting now ugh...

TRANS:
GSR trans
M factory LSD
Carbon treated synchros
1000whp insane Shafts front axles

So that's it I think with parts (I know I left out so much) my goal is to make 400-450whp on pump93 gas and 800+ whp on e85 w c16 blend . My car will be a daily that's why i have flex fuel and i'll hit the local street racing made safe events (local to South Florida) every other month .
Let me know what you guys think and if the power goals are achievable i don't want to run any higher than 32 psi because that is how i blow my 650whp subaru (no need to talk about that trash here anyways) .
I always look for more info and let me know if there's anything i am missing , I may already have it and forgot to list it and if its something to help my build i will definitely get it .
Let me know fellas !

Chance EG 02-19-2018 09:44 AM

Re: GSR Build for 800whp+

Clutch?

Tire sizes & wheel choice look good. Everything else I'm glossing over looks good. The only thing I might consider is going with full ductile iron sleeves, taking into account your desired WHP and your intention on running an 83mm bore. CSS is great, but you'll be pushing your luck going full-tilt.

TheShodan 02-19-2018 09:58 AM

he has a thread in forced induction already.

s0_wavyyy 02-19-2018 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Chance EG (Post 51561525)
Clutch?

Tire sizes & wheel choice look good. Everything else I'm glossing over looks good. The only thing I might consider is going with full ductile iron sleeves, taking into account your desired WHP and your intention on running an 83mm bore. CSS is great, but you'll be pushing your luck going full-tilt.

So my builder has mentioned that but the CSS guys have stated the block will hold up 1100 whp . I just want to make 800+ on high boost along with fuel blend
Clutch Comp twin disk full kit is that i went with

s0_wavyyy 02-19-2018 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by TheShodan (Post 51561542)
he has a thread in forced induction already.

I made the same post there , I was unsure as to where this would be best suited so i posted it two places.

TheShodan 02-19-2018 10:22 AM

That's fine sir. but you can't have it both ways. This one will be deleted so you'll get better responses in the FI forum. Depending upon your further responses, it may be moved again to the Drag Racing forum..

s0_wavyyy 02-19-2018 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by TheShodan (Post 51561577)
That's fine sir. but you can't have it both ways. This one will be deleted so you'll get better responses in the FI forum. Depending upon your further responses, it may be moved again to the Drag Racing forum..

Understood but I dont even see my post anywhere else ... If it deleted here then I will have no thread at all JS...

AZ_CIVIC 02-19-2018 11:06 AM

How are you doing 83mm on stock sleeves? I would also suggest Turbo Tuff rods over BC H beams.

Insane Shafts 1000 horsepower axles break a ton at 800whp range and with a stock GSR gearset you will break gears often. It's really hard to juggle a daily driver/800+ whp race car because parts that are needed to last are not the best to be run daily.

s0_wavyyy 02-19-2018 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC (Post 51561638)
How are you doing 83mm on stock sleeves? I would also suggest Turbo Tuff rods over BC H beams.

Insane Shafts 1000 horsepower axles break a ton at 800whp range and with a stock GSR gearset you will break gears often. It's really hard to juggle a daily driver/800+ whp race car because parts that are needed to last are not the best to be run daily.

Thanks !!!!
Its too late now to change any of the internals so i'll let you know the outcome should be getting car back from fab shop in another week or so then tune after , will post #s then.
Car will not be daily on 800+ , I just want to make 800+ on high boost and mixed fuel . Daily would be 400-450whp on pump gas 93.

TheShodan 02-19-2018 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by s0_wavyyy (Post 51561656)
Car will not be daily on 800+ , I just want to make 800+ on high boost and mixed fuel . Daily would be 400-450whp on pump gas 93.

It doesn't matter. Those require entirely different setups to perform well in either arena

s0_wavyyy 02-19-2018 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by TheShodan (Post 51561665)
It doesn't matter. Those require entirely different setups to perform well in either arena

Understood I’ll take as much advise don’t get me wrong . But at this point I’ll be R&D because build is done waiting for fab work to be done and tune after .

AZ_CIVIC 02-19-2018 12:00 PM

What I mean is that a stock gearset is going to be fine for 450whp but let's say you turn up the boost and are able to make 850 or 900whp. Well now you go out to an event and 3 passes in you may loose a gear, common gear is 4th. Or your axles are good for street racing but putting 900whp down you end up snapping them.

I think what we are saying is that some things that are good for street driving is not going to last at higher power levels and parts designed for higher horsepower aren't really meant for street driving. So it's hard to do double duty, like my turbo is big enough that if I run it on gate only I may still make 800whp. So turning it down just doesn't really happen.

You will learn pretty quick especially if you make you car capable of 800/900 or even 1000 horsepower you will want to make it a dedicated drag car and buy a different daily or just stick to the 500/600 whp range.

TheShodan 02-19-2018 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by s0_wavyyy (Post 51561669)

Understood I’ll take as much advise don’t get me wrong . But at this point I’ll be R&D because build is done waiting for fab work to be done and tune after .

There is no R&D, as we've dealt with this time and time again with many, many, many people. You're asking us the possibilities and what you can do, what you can't, and what turbo to use, etc. Now the engine doesn't have to be changed, but your supplemental equipment is what you're going to have to admit to changing. I'm sure you've done your due diligence in attempting to find the best combination you can for a serious dual purpose car. But, I think you've been trying to get validation for this setup, and honestly, you're kinda not going to get it from those of us who've done this for a nice number of years now.

We're more than happy to help you get what you need done. But it may mean that you get nice dip in the pool of "tough love" to get that reality check of looking from a realistic perspective as to whether or not you can achieve this purpose.

But we're still here to help... We just need you to get real with your expectations.

s0_wavyyy 02-19-2018 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC (Post 51561681)
What I mean is that a stock gearset is going to be fine for 450whp but let's say you turn up the boost and are able to make 850 or 900whp. Well now you go out to an event and 3 passes in you may loose a gear, common gear is 4th. Or your axles are good for street racing but putting 900whp down you end up snapping them.

I think what we are saying is that some things that are good for street driving is not going to last at higher power levels and parts designed for higher horsepower aren't really meant for street driving. So it's hard to do double duty, like my turbo is big enough that if I run it on gate only I may still make 800whp. So turning it down just doesn't really happen.

You will learn pretty quick especially if you make you car capable of 800/900 or even 1000 horsepower you will want to make it a dedicated drag car and buy a different daily or just stick to the 500/600 whp range.

Well i understand and I will be mainly on Pimp Gas 93 , I just want to know that I made 800+ I'm telling you I really doubt I will have issues because even at that local track event , there is only roll racing . Power wise is what I was worried about but it seems as if I have the correct supporting mods to made the adequate power the other things such as transmission and suspension i might have to look into further but until then i'll focus on making the power and daily it at lower than 500whp and figure things out during that time.

s0_wavyyy 02-19-2018 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by TheShodan (Post 51561801)
There is no R&D, as we've dealt with this time and time again with many, many, many people. You're asking us the possibilities and what you can do, what you can't, and what turbo to use, etc. Now the engine doesn't have to be changed, but your supplemental equipment is what you're going to have to admit to changing. I'm sure you've done your due diligence in attempting to find the best combination you can for a serious dual purpose car. But, I think you've been trying to get validation for this setup, and honestly, you're kinda not going to get it from those of us who've done this for a nice number of years now.

We're more than happy to help you get what you need done. But it may mean that you get nice dip in the pool of "tough love" to get that reality check of looking from a realistic perspective as to whether or not you can achieve this purpose.

But we're still here to help... We just need you to get real with your expectations.

For sure , and I want to thank you all for even responding at all . I am new to this platform 1 thing I can say is it seems way easier to make power on this platform than lets say a Subaru . At this moment of my build i'm solely focused on my power goals. After I achieve that , seen that I will have the car under 500whp on Pump gas 93 .... I'll figure out everything else then.

TheShodan 02-19-2018 04:42 PM

If you want the car to drive, that means using a different turbocharger. Not just taking a large turbo and running "low boost" it's too hard to control. This ain't no Subaru. BRAND NEW WORLD

s0_wavyyy 02-19-2018 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by TheShodan (Post 51561894)
If you want the car to drive, that means using a different turbocharger. Not just taking a large turbo and running "low boost" it's too hard to control. This ain't no Subaru. BRAND NEW WORLD

The GTW3884r isn't that big of a turbo . When i say low boost i'm talking on pump gas 93. I should make 400+whp around 15psi . That would be perfect for daily .
Cant be too hard to control my friend , i'm no tuner but if i cant daily 15-20psi on a 67mm turbo then theres an issue.

TheShodan 02-19-2018 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by s0_wavyyy (Post 51561902)
The GTW3884r isn't that big of a turbo . When i say low boost i'm talking on pump gas 93. I should make 400+whp around 15psi . That would be perfect for daily .
Cant be too hard to control my friend , i'm no tuner but if i cant daily 15-20psi on a 67mm turbo then theres an issue.

Okie dokie... I deal with these turbos intimately for many years. It's equivalent to a Precision 6465. Good luck to you, then. I'll just STFU and let life do the teaching. :shrug:.

s0_wavyyy 02-20-2018 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by TheShodan (Post 51562009)
Okie dokie... I deal with these turbos intimately for many years. It's equivalent to a Precision 6465. Good luck to you, then. I'll just STFU and let life do the teaching. :shrug:.

Lol c'mon I would never doubt your knowledge.. The gtw3884r is supposedly the alternate to a 6765 PTE i have the big boy 1 . What i'm asking now is theres no way i can be tuned for low boost ? You mentioned it would be "too hard to control" so i want to know what is that in reference to? Too hard to run low boost or what exactly ? Listen i said it before I am here to get as much advise and if anything goes wrong i'll still make updates ...

AZ_CIVIC 02-20-2018 09:28 AM

I mean if you already have the motor done and from your parts list you have already purchased all the rest I mean not much advice anyone can give you at this point. I mean you might as well put everything together, get it tuned and worry about the other stuff later like you said.

Once you have everything done and running and have questions, I guess go from there.

s0_wavyyy 02-20-2018 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC (Post 51562531)
I mean if you already have the motor done and from your parts list you have already purchased all the rest I mean not much advice anyone can give you at this point. I mean you might as well put everything together, get it tuned and worry about the other stuff later like you said.

Once you have everything done and running and have questions, I guess go from there.

Yea man thats really all that I can do right now , car is at fab shop and should be started later this week and done by next week , after that I will be scheduling dyno date so early march i'll have end results .
I have yet to choose my ECU though thats only thing let AEMv2 or Hondata???

AZ_CIVIC 02-20-2018 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by s0_wavyyy (Post 51562541)
Yea man thats really all that I can do right now , car is at fab shop and should be started later this week and done by next week , after that I will be scheduling dyno date so early march i'll have end results .
I have yet to choose my ECU though thats only thing let AEMv2 or Hondata???

Ran AEMv1 a long time ago and switched over to Hondata in 2005. I personally don't have any experience with AEM stuff besides the old. Hondata did me good up until I made the switch to Motec which is night and day difference but it's also like 20 times more expensive LOL.

I ran over 900whp on hondatav3 and the COP kit and it did great, was running 9's without any issues. I am sure AEM is pretty good and there are some fast cars on that setup as well.

s0_wavyyy 02-20-2018 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC (Post 51562547)
Ran AEMv1 a long time ago and switched over to Hondata in 2005. I personally don't have any experience with AEM stuff besides the old. Hondata did me good up until I made the switch to Motec which is night and day difference but it's also like 20 times more expensive LOL.

I ran over 900whp on hondatav3 and the COP kit and it did great, was running 9's without any issues. I am sure AEM is pretty good and there are some fast cars on that setup as well.

What is the COP Kit ??? Yea Motec is the G.O.A.T but i dont have the monies lol for that . I am thinking of AEMv2 strictly for the traction and launch control options over the Hondata.

AZ_CIVIC 02-20-2018 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by s0_wavyyy (Post 51562559)
What is the COP Kit ??? Yea Motec is the G.O.A.T but i dont have the monies lol for that . I am thinking of AEMv2 strictly for the traction and launch control options over the Hondata.

COP is the Coil On Plug kit, AEM also allows for the use of a cam trigger as well.

s0_wavyyy 02-20-2018 12:02 PM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/honda-t...3503740c64.jpgTop Mount intake manifold , 850whp dual back door 3" inlet and outlet intercooler and vanjen clamps