Distributor wonít go back in

Old 03-31-2019, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Distributor wonít go back in

So I just replaced my head gasket, timing belt, water pump. Put everything almost back together, tried to put my dizzy back on, and it wonít fit back in. Itís not 180íd. Cam is original. I broke the two teeth off the end of the dizzy that fits into the cam. Can anyone tell me what Iím doing wrong? Itís a D16Y7. I had the dizzy lined up with TDC and everything, still wouldnít go it. HELP!
Old 04-01-2019, 04:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Distributor wonít go back in

if you broke the ears off the distributor, it was definitely 180 off when that happened. You should never have to force it. It will slide right in when lined up correctly
Old 04-01-2019, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I wasnít sure they were called teeth, thank you for that correction. Iím looking for a picture now, but I had the inside of the rotor lined up with the lines on the inside edge. The ears were straight up and down.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the only way to make sure the distributor goes in correctly is to physically look at the slots in the cam, notice which direction the offset is facing, rotate the distributor to the same orientation, and gently guide it in

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: