Notices

Can anyone clarify this for me, plz? ***(F22Bx related)***

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can anyone clarify this for me, plz? ***(F22Bx related)***

So i just read through a great thread on civic-eg.com pertaining to how to decifer the color/letter/number coding on the crank/block/rods of honda engines to determine what OEM bearing were used during assembly.
Here's a link to the thread: Civic EG :: View topic - How to determine Bearing size (Main & Rod)
So my question is; is the method in the thread applicable on a F series engine? And what I mean by that is not what the colors/letters/numbers represent, because I'm pretty sure that's universal across all honda platforms, but more so the locations of the identifiers? For instance here's a few pics of my crank:

So here you can see that there's a 3, 2, 1, and a T. (The "2" appears to have been drawn on; at the factory? And the other side has no markings or stamps at all)And on the other half no stamping whatsoever? Look below.

Now here in this 3rd pic you can see, on the accessory end of my crank, that it's been stamped or lasered with CCCC and 44444. Which I believe, and plz correct me if I'm wrong, are indicative of letter "C" for the rods and number "4" for the mains..? The problem is I'm NOT 100% positive and that doesn't work for me. So does anyone know if this ^^^ is where F series cranks are marked? And are these marks indicating what I think they are? Also, I know my OEM rods were stamped with numbers like the ones in the thread above but tbh I can't remember what that number was? And my block stamp is "BCBCB" which, if I'm correct in my assumption and according to the thread above, would indicate my engine came from the factory with "BROWN" and "BLACK" main bearings, respectively. Right? lol! Anyway fellas, as always any insight will be greatly appreciated, and thank you all in advance.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:25 AM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Can anyone clarify this for me, plz? ***(F22Bx related)***

What does the chart in your service manual say? I usually just stick to that in case there are slight differences across engine families.