Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

West Cost Machine shops 2 East Cost

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default West Cost Machine shops 2 East Cost

Check this out why is it that west cost machine shops that build up bottom ends don't try and get you back your product back to you soon just like how they cry about getting all your money.

Going through shops that suppose to have been getting such a wonderfull deal(dream on) Bull(*&( you around too.

It also seems like since you are on the east cost they really take there time to tend to your products. Any body out there like me has been whating 4 months for a built bottom end form a shop in Cali. going through a shop in VA.

Guess who and I'll send you a Dollar
Old 12-04-2002, 08:54 AM

Default Re: West Cost Machine shops 2 East Cost (StageIIIhb98)

LOL 3+ months and counting huh?
Old 12-04-2002, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who are you going through? our blocks usually are done within 3 weeks of order(sleeved also). of course based on that all the parts are on hand. the main thing we usually have to wait on are the Pistons, especially if they are custom sizes.
Old 12-04-2002, 01:52 PM

Default Re: West Cost Machine shops 2 East Cost (exospeedAMcrx)

Well I know the pistons take a little bit of time they were 84 1/2 mm bore size but 1g was paid and the order was placed on the second day of this four month wait.

I can't really say who I am going through right now he know's who he is I am a nice guy to get along with but don't lie to me I am at a shop too but he was getting me a 200 dollar discount so I went through him, but still ended up spending more.
not much but just enough. I tell customers bull too to stall for time and or to just give me more time to get back the money you probable spent on other products you know the bussiness thing.
I got a lot done in the mean time but he did not have to lie about sending it when he didn't, and other things be streight with me. He is going to make a profet but don't charge me more than what the web site of the machine shop charges that's crazy. It wasn't a big secret it was it that shop so just don't lie.

Old 12-06-2002, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I am a shop owner...I feel ya!...I have been there before with my own stuff. This is why we began our business....BUT, there are times that are unexplainable, we have a F22A SOHC Vtec we are working on....There are no head studs or valve train available for it. We have been waiting over 3 months for them to be custom made.....it kills me to have this car in our shop for this long, but we dont lie to our customer about the reasons. I call the one shop 3 times a week(guess what they are in CA) sometimes the old man answers and cant find our order! I think its just CA mentality or something. They wait for our parts to age like fine wine or something. But when my customer calls, I tell him the truth. There are only a couple of parts in an engine that take time to get....Blocks and pistons...sometimes other things when your engine is one off...Head porting doesnt take long either, unless there is welding and reshaping going on(not many people go this way). Our pistons are made to order everytime..they take 2-3 wks. Im in the process of doing our own sleeves, but this does take time, there just has to be more shops that have the ability to do so....Not a Flaming on CA...just some experience on this...

Howard
Old 12-07-2002, 05:01 PM

Default Re: West Cost Machine shops 2 East Cost (AR Fab)

Still waiting on my block to come back from Cali its been about 3 months.
Old 12-07-2002, 05:02 PM

Default Re: West Cost Machine shops 2 East Cost (Civicdrgrcr)

That would be phat if you can start doing sleeves. I hate waiting monts and months after I have been told it would only take about 2-3 weeks.
Old 12-07-2002, 06:08 PM

Any body out there like me has been whating 4 months for a built bottom end form a shop in Cali. going through a shop in VA.

Guess who and I'll send you a Dollar
Ill guess.....JG
Old 12-08-2002, 12:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: West Cost Machine shops 2 East Cost (D-Man)

hit us up on email. i'll be glad to help. The longest it has taken us to do a sleeved block was 4 weeks(if parts are all available), that was due to a big pile of orders placed in a period of 1 week.

Wil

[Modified by exospeedAMcrx, 9:11 AM 12/8/2002]