Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Etown All Motor Shootout Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 06:39 AM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Etown All Motor Shootout Update

Last year's AMS was very successful. We had 24 paid deposits and 20 cars show up on race day.

With a 10.80 bump spot and 13 cars within .20 of each other, there was very close racing throughout the event.

Just like anything we do in life, the more experience we get in something, the more you learn how to make it better. There were some things that needed to be addressed to make this event successful going forward.

Instead of opening it up to the opinionated masses on forums, I emailed everyone who put in a deposit for last years race. I asked just these racers a few questions and let their answers determine the outcome of certain rule changes. That way the people actually racing the event were the ones that decided.

I wanted to get this info out as early as possible, so it did not suprise any potential new comers wanting to enter this year's race. That being said, the following rule changes/updates will be implemented for the 2011 All Motor Shootout.

- D/B/H/F/K engines will now have a displacement limit of 2.7L or 2700cc. This displacement is currently the limit for Pro All Motor cars and is also being used in a few different events. OGS will be paying for our displacement tool so that the cost of it will not be coming out of our overall payouts. There will be an unaffiliated staff member trained on using the tool that will be measuring the size of motors.

- 3 inch ground clearance rule will be in effect. Your front end must have at least 3 inches of ground clearance so that it does not trip the beams. If the tech staff feels your car is too low, they may measure it and ask that you raise it if it does not pass .

- Fuel samples will now be taken directly from the fuel rail. If you have a fuel sample valve that is NOT attached to the rail, then we will NOT be taking fuel from it. We will have AN wrenches available to the techs or you can provide your own at the time of the test to remove any lines in order to give sample.

- Accepted fuels must be readily available fuels, meaning they can be purchased by anyone. The fuels must not be modified in any way . You must use them the way they came from the fuel manufacturer. OGS will also be purchasing a new fuel tester to use alongside our ethanol tester, to help in these tests. You will be disqualified from the race if you are caught using a fuel that is not approved or it is altered in any way.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Etown All Motor Shootout Update

Good work Jake. The LA Outaw FWD Invasion is actually adapting to the same rules as well. We hope that the uniform rules helps racers have a guideline to build cars that can compete from coast to coast.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is excellent
Old 03-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2fastGSR
- Accepted fuels must be readily available fuels, meaning they can be purchased by anyone. The fuels must not be modified in any way . You must use them the way they came from the fuel manufacturer. OGS will also be purchasing a new fuel tester to use alongside our ethanol tester, to help in these tests. You will be disqualified from the race if you are caught using a fuel that is not approved or it is altered in any way.
If I package and sell my E85 to the public will this work or are you gonna have a spec fuel or accepted fuel list?

If so how do I get my fuel accepted?
Old 03-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

last years all motor shoot out was AWESOME. keep up the good work Jake!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:53 AM
King of the One Liners

Originally Posted by miller
If I package and sell my E85 to the public will this work or are you gonna have a spec fuel or accepted fuel list?

If so how do I get my fuel accepted?
That is a very good question.

There will be an approved fuel list. You can work with Roger on getting it approved, as that is their part of it.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice, Good Luck this year....
Old 03-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

last years all motor shootout was awesome...hoefully we have similar turnouts this year!!!!
Old 03-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think it is awesome that you guys are so willing to level the playing field with all the extra steps to make sure fuel is legit, displacement is within limitation, etc.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good job Jake. You did an awesome job last year with the event. Cant wait to attend again
Old 03-01-2011, 05:47 PM
OG Fabricator

Out of curiosity where can i find the rest of the rules? ie interior, min weight, lexan...?
Old 03-02-2011, 05:26 AM
Don't call it a comeback

Nice early post jake. No excuses now.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:37 AM
King of the One Liners

Originally Posted by jj07
Out of curiosity where can i find the rest of the rules? ie interior, min weight, lexan...?
https://honda-tech.com/forums/drag-racing-36/2nd-annual-%245000-all-motor-fwd-shootout-oct-9-10-etown-2804030/

Originally Posted by Stunna BEN
Nice early post jake. No excuses now.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:38 AM
Don't call it a comeback

I will be posting this on greasy, with its own tag in season 1 if you need a site to revert to it.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2fastGSR
- 3 inch ground clearance rule will be in effect. Your front end must have at least 3 inches of ground clearance so that it does not trip the beams. If the tech staff feels your car is too low, they may measure it and ask that you raise it if it does not pass .
Last years AMS was great, i was there to see everyone run. I enjoy the class and will be part of of it.

I did have one BIG problem, and that is people tripping the beams. 3 inch ground clearance is a RULE! just like having a illegal engine displacement, or illegal fuel, if you break a rule you should be disqualified. If i trip the beams especially in elimination disqualify me. We are not playing games here, its a rule and we all have to follow rules. 5 years of pro all motor racing and i don't remember anyone ever tripping the beams, why should it be different here, we are drag racing correct?
Old 03-02-2011, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome work Jake, you are doing great things for not only just the AMS, but the sport in general.

the last 2 years that I attended, it was nothing short of an spectacular event to watch from the stands. Its only getting better!
keep doin what you do buddy!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:30 AM
King of the One Liners

Originally Posted by alllmotor
Last years AMS was great, i was there to see everyone run. I enjoy the class and will be part of of it.

I did have one BIG problem, and that is people tripping the beams. 3 inch ground clearance is a RULE! just like having a illegal engine displacement, or illegal fuel, if you break a rule you should be disqualified. If i trip the beams especially in elimination disqualify me. We are not playing games here, its a rule and we all have to follow rules. 5 years of pro all motor racing and i don't remember anyone ever tripping the beams, why should it be different here, we are drag racing correct?

Hence the addition to the rules, which you so kindly quoted
Old 03-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by alllmotor

That is correct, there was one car tripping the beams almost every round of eliminations. Check out 2.55mins into the video, notice how many times the car went in and out of the beam in the left lane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycrEM...eature=related
Old 03-02-2011, 01:09 PM

My goal for this year is to be a part of this race...one concern is the Fuel Sample valve on the rail of these cars.

My concern would be the sample valve vibrating or breaking (chance) if connected directly to the rail on these cars.

The fuel sample valve I got last year is on the front port of my Fuel Pressure regulator, so just to be clear...that will NOT be acceptable?
Old 03-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was told that fuel sample valves on regulator will not be exceptable. I didn't like this rule either, but understand why the rule is in place.

Marc P
Old 03-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MARC P
I was told that fuel sample valves on regulator will not be exceptable. I didn't like this rule either, but understand why the rule is in place.

Marc P
i agree. Who voted on this idea? Fail!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:48 PM
King of the One Liners

AN Wrenches will be available so that racers can take the feed line off and give fuel sample from there.

There was concern with people running or should i say hiding dual fuel systems so that when a fuel test is conducted, the fuel that is sampled is not the same fuel that is actually being run through the motor. More then one person came to me expressing concern with this. Not sure how else to make it fair except requiring it be taken from the rail.

This is the way to ensure we test the fuel that is actually being consumed by the engine.

This was sent out to everyone in the original email last month, and not one racer expressed that they had an issue with it.

People are ok with removing coil packs and spark plugs in order to test displacement, this is no more difficult.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if fuel tests are going to be done at all they should be done in the staging lanes before each round, otherwise they are pointless imo.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:06 PM
King of the One Liners

There will be another email sent out, asking everyone how often they want fuel tests and when/how they want motors measured.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NAH2B
if fuel tests are going to be done at all they should be done in the staging lanes before each round, otherwise they are pointless imo.

Jake- I like the new rules for sure. It should level the playing field for everyone. Great work..

Quick Reply: Etown All Motor Shootout Update