Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Straight shift with clutchless shifting gearbox for B, D, H, K series?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Straight shift with clutchless shifting gearbox for B, D, H, K series?

Hello.
Is there some interest of that kind of gearbox? Gearbox is straight shift with clutchless shifting and external oil pump. Now we make 6 forwad gears with neutral and reverse for B series. We can do gearboxes with 5,6,7,8,9,10 gears plus neutral and reverse, custom gear ratio and final drive. We can do everything with your gearbox.
The price depends but For B series cost ~ 6000$ without gearbox housing
Here some pics:
http://s50.photobucket.com/alb...arbox/
If you have any questions send me an IM.

**EDIT LINK FIXED **EDIT
Old 01-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Straight shift with clutchless shifting gearbox for B, D, H, K series? (PARADOX_sf)

Link doesn't work.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Straight shift with clutchless shifting gearbox for B, D, H, K series? (lilmex)

the same post in the tech section, link works. this **** looks crazy!
Old 01-20-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Straight shift with clutchless shifting gearbox for B, D, H, K series? (A train)

Also in the autocross forum but the link doesn't work there
Old 01-20-2007, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Straight shift with clutchless shifting gearbox for B, D, H, K series? (PARADOX_sf)

is it streetable/what type of material?
Old 01-21-2007, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Straight shift with clutchless shifting gearbox for B, D, H, K series? (omniman)

Yes it is enought strong.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

id rather have liberty gears, at least they are track tested.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PARADOX_sf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes it is enought strong.</TD></TR></TABLE>

streetable?
Old 01-21-2007, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Straight shift with clutchless shifting gearbox for B, D, H, K series? (dturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">id rather have liberty gears, at least they are track tested. </TD></TR></TABLE>
but its a wait
Old 01-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Straight shift with clutchless shifting gearbox for B, D, H, K series? (ciscoscivic)

I heard about that wait you've had but when I call they said they could more or less ship that day.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PARADOX_sf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes it is enought strong.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's "enought strong", your pictures suck and you want 6k for them? Please have the engineering manager or sales manager present this in some fashion so we can at least learn more about the product you are trying to sell in this tech forum. There are plenty of guys on here that can benefit from a better tranny/gear setup, but this presentation sucks.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if this uses the stock case how is that strong enough. Is there a collar or something we cant see in the picture. As far as i can tell the case is the weak point.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: (vtecmissle)

So these ship from Bulgaria? That appears to be your location. What cars have run this setup already. You doubt you will get any takers until people see it hold up on the track for a while.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:53 PM

yeah, I just refinanced my house and have money to spend on this setup. Show me a better presentation. thanks.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Straight shift with clutchless shifting gearbox for B, D, H, K series? (accordking)

Hello again. To be clear. I said we because i am not alone. My friend makes gears, make calculations about gear ratios, final drive and all other mechanic things. My job is to make the electronics of that box like a shifting dispay. I try to persuade him to make the box with electronic shifting. That will allow to change gears from the steering wheel, to make a shifting controler which will allow to make a car starting program with automatic gear changing and much other things.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PARADOX_sf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hello again. To be clear. I said we because i am not alone. My friend makes gears, make calculations about gear ratios, final drive and all other mechanic things. My job is to make the electronics of that box like a shifting dispay. I try to persuade him to make the box with electronic shifting. That will allow to change gears from the steering wheel, to make a shifting controler which will allow to make a car starting program with automatic gear changing and much other things.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You have yet to provide anyone in this forum with any helpful or usefull information about your product.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you actually have one of these in a car and working? or is it more or less in the "concept stages" still?

I can't see any sane person dropping 6k on a transmission to some guy 10,000 miles away, hoping to get something that may or may not even work.

So far if i had to choose i would put my 6k on black 29 on the roulet table in vagas baby.

with a little more info we could get the odds up to craps or black jack.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Straight shift with clutchless shifting gearbox for B, D, H, K series? (omniman)

lol
Old 01-22-2007, 11:49 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by omniman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So far if i had to choose i would put my 6k on black 29 on the roulet table in vagas baby.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, and it you double up twice, u can just get an X-trac
Old 01-22-2007, 08:35 PM

Sorry, you REALLY gotta sell it to me-didn't know you're from Bulgaria. I'm in California.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:00 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Straight shift with clutchless shifting gearbox for B, D, H, K series? (accordking)

Yeah....I will just take 6k and send it to you with as little information you posted...what a joke. Make a complete gearset, take some pictures with meaning, do some real world testing, provide some specs, and then come back.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by omniman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you actually have one of these in a car and working? or is it more or less in the "concept stages" still?

I can't see any sane person dropping 6k on a transmission to some guy 10,000 miles away, hoping to get something that may or may not even work.

with a little more info we could get the odds up to craps or black jack.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Or you can nail 4 **** Stars of your choosing for $6k...
Old 01-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Straight shift with clutchless shifting gearbox for B, D, H, K series? (Suprdave)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Suprdave &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Or you can nail 4 **** Stars of your choosing for $6k...</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok now your making the decision really difficult.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:45 PM
New User

Is this the same gearset shown on Erick's Racing Website? http://ericksracing.com/id72.html

"
The ERE Dog-Gear Transmission (Built by PAR Gears in Australia)

Erick’s Racing is proud to be exclusively distributing PAR Gears for your Honda Transmission. These dog style gears are made for Honda factory cases. The gears are made out of Case Hardened Tempered Alloy Steel is used for the highest durability. This transmission is a must for all high performance engines that are stroker engines, and all turbo and nitrous applications. There is no syncros to worry about with the dogtooth style of gears. The set comes with the final drive gear kit, and come in many different ratios. At the moment, transmissions are available for the late B series transmissions 93 and up, Prelude H22 available on request. Coming soon will be the S-2000 and RSX transmissions. These gears are rated to be 50% stronger than stock gears, so hard and high RPM launches are no problem, and can be used in everything from drag race to rally racing. The benefit is that the gears are wider than standard (that increases strength) and a larger profile on the teeth that make it thicker, which also increases, the strength. Another benefit is you can make lightening fast gear changes without losing valuable shifting time. All of this makes the ERE Dog Transmission the strongest available in its class, because PAR designed the gears with the biggest dogs that could have possibly been made. Your stock case is required and installation is available upon request. We can also make gear recommendations for your specific needs.

$6,000 Complet Transmission
W/O Diff.

$5,500 Just Gears
(For professional shops only that can remove and install) "

Edit:I was just checking out his site since he just posted on here too. They state they are Par Gears but shows they are in Australia? Same as Paradox?

I dunno PAR's website is http://www.par-engineering.com/ MUST BE TOTALLY DIFFERENT!

Old 01-26-2007, 04:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Erick’s Racing is proud to be exclusively distributing PAR Gears for your Honda Transmission. </TD></TR></TABLE>

When I was researching gear sets, IIRC, the gear ratios that PAR offered were crazy short and they didn't offer anything that would allow 150+ traps in 4th gear.

Quick Reply: Straight shift with clutchless shifting gearbox for B, D, H, K series?