Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

so i have a civic PH15A, what does it need to be drag racing worthy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 02:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so i have a civic PH15A, what does it need to be drag racing worthy?

honda civic ph15a, never been drag raced
Old 06-29-2017, 04:37 AM
I like the tuna here

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: so i have a civic PH15A, what does it need to be drag racing worthy?

Engine swap, exhaust header, intake manifold, port and polish, valve job, thermal gaskets, traction bar, upgraded injectors, engine management, dyno tune, lighter lug nuts, wider wheels, drag suspension, slicks, aluminum racing seats, harness bar with harness, HANS system, 3 piece front end, velocity stack, stiffer clutch, lighter flywheel, low weight battery, lexan windows, gutted interior, larger throttlebody, high flow cat or test pipe, ARP head studs, forged high compression internals, ACL race or OEM bearings, e85 conversion, ignition you can leave stock.

I'm probably forgetting a few things, anyone else care to chime in?
Old 06-29-2017, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: so i have a civic PH15A, what does it need to be drag racing worthy?

That is a loaded question. First thing you need to figure is what is your end goal. Just fun at the track? competition drag, power goals, class you're wanting to run in and what are you wanting to spend.
Fun at the track you don't have to do a lot. Just bolt ons and go have fun. Otherwise, if you're looking for competition drag, probably want to look into a different engine. Figure your goals and go from there.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 365 Likes on 271 Posts

Competition drag especially FWD is a hard one, you have to be willing to spend the cash money for that one. To be competitive in FWD you need around 1100-1200whp and it's just not the horsepower but every part around the entire car.

I would probably stick with a good street strip setup, it cost a lot less now a days you can have a low 11 second street car with ac and still enjoy the track.

If you are looking for a real drag car especially competitive in FWD then I can help answer some questions and get you some info on what would be needed.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd just go race the car stock and see what you think.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

okay okay, im overwhelmed... question rephrase, what mods should i start with so i can just have a fun run with my friends? my friends have i/h/e and theyre lowered too! should i follow them? mine is completely stock.....
Old 07-27-2017, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, you can start with I/h/e. if you want to be a little faster, maybe nitrous. You don't need to go big to have fun.
But honestly, Id actually start with an engine swap. Put a gsr engine in. Hell even an ls b18b would more than out perform the motor you have. Spend your money on a power plant that you can work better with and then spend the money on I/h/e.