Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

SFWD and Factory air bags

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default SFWD and Factory air bags

Have been trying to get through the rules for a brand new build. Looking for those in the sport. Airbags in tact or deletes allowed? Mainly aftermarket wheel/quick release and passenger air bag deletes? 99 EK chassis
Old 07-07-2019, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SFWD and Factory air bags

Originally Posted by sikefcrx89
Have been trying to get through the rules for a brand new build. Looking for those in the sport. Airbags in tact or deletes allowed? Mainly aftermarket wheel/quick release and passenger air bag deletes? 99 EK chassis
You are talking about a class that is dominated by low 8 sec cars with a couple 7.9x cars- of course they don’t have air bags, of course they have quick release steering wheels. But those aren’t even rules- the rules are mostly for turbo size, tire size, power adders (two max) weight, etc.

the rules vary based on event slightly as well so just look at the class you want to race at the event you want to race it and that will tell you what you need to know. You’ll also want a cage and the necessary safety gear if you’re trying to be competitive.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy
You are talking about a class that is dominated by low 8 sec cars with a couple 7.9x cars- of course they don’t have air bags, of course they have quick release steering wheels. But those aren’t even rules- the rules are mostly for turbo size, tire size, power adders (two max) weight, etc.

the rules vary based on event slightly as well so just look at the class you want to race at the event you want to race it and that will tell you what you need to know. You’ll also want a cage and the necessary safety gear if you’re trying to be competitive.
For sure it will be built with safety in mind. I knew about driver side,but passenger is what I was wondering since interior needs to be intact somewhat, from some more of the cars I was looking around at it seems they remove the actual airbag and leave the dash cover deal in place.

Building for SFWD even if not going competitively just yet,but hopes/dreams aspirations.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 365 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by sikefcrx89
For sure it will be built with safety in mind. I knew about driver side,but passenger is what I was wondering since interior needs to be intact somewhat, from some more of the cars I was looking around at it seems they remove the actual airbag and leave the dash cover deal in place.

Building for SFWD even if not going competitively just yet,but hopes/dreams aspirations.
I removed the bag and kept the cover.