Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

sacramento/northern cali peeps

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sacramento/northern cali peeps

has anyone else noticed the considerable downtrend in CMI events? What used to be a respectable <u>racing</u> event has turned into one of those 'all-in-one' events that encorperates, third rate models, ugly show cars, stupid burn out competitons/jump offs/stereo races and forces racers to go into the dark dirty corner of the pits to race which isnt even half of the event because the rest is filled with stupid 'half-time shows' like the 'notch-ryders' that have shown up for the past like 4 events even though absolutly nobody cheers for them or thinks what they do is cool at all, and all it does is waste the valuble racing time racers paid their $60 entry fee for. Then at this last event i heard they got rid of pro classes all together. Might as wel eliminate the 'speed' part of CMI events because it appears the big ugly head of rice has swallowed this event and has no plans of regurgitating it. I sure as hell hope that the winter warmup event is better than the past few CMI events.
Sorry for the rant, just blowing off some steam. Anyone else notice this?
Old 10-20-2003, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sacramento/northern cali peeps (bretx0r)

i agree with what you are saying, one of the main reasons we didnt go to the last one. when most events come around we spend night and day to get ready for it, but this time around we didnt care if we went to it or not.......what happened to the old days.....just racing...
Old 10-20-2003, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm a bracket racer and got in ~17 runs between the two days, although I wasn't all that enthused about the show time activities. There was a time when I looked in the side mirror to see where the competition was and I was looking straight out towards the stage where they had some topless ladies, I was a little distracted to say the least

Austin
Old 10-20-2003, 01:35 PM

Default Re: sacramento/northern cali peeps (RedZone)

The problem now is Tony who runs CMI got a partner because the racing alone wasn't paying the bills so he has teamed up with Tricked Out. What he doesn't realize is that most of us only come for the racing. The pro classes will be back for most of the event's next year. Give Tony and the CMI's a chance he'll get it all squared away and make it work.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sacramento/northern cali peeps (SadisticRacing)

CMI is for sure not what it use to be . i hope it gets better in 2004 .
Old 10-20-2003, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sacramento/northern cali peeps (JonnyDanger)

I used to go to every CMI event.

But stopped going last year.

it pretty much sucks now.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:16 PM

You guys from N. Cal need to come down to So.Cal events more often. No B.S. just racing......Been to CMI once! Will NEVER go back. Not worth the trip.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Austin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Austin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm a bracket racer and got in ~17 runs between the two days, although I wasn't all that enthused about the show time activities. There was a time when I looked in the side mirror to see where the competition was and I was looking straight out towards the stage where they had some topless ladies, I was a little distracted to say the least

Austin</TD></TR></TABLE>

distracted by this?

asses like that make me want to puke yellow and green chunks

there were some alright looking girls but **** like that doesnt belong at a race event
Old 10-20-2003, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sacramento/northern cali peeps (AllMotorMadness)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AllMotorMadness &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You guys from N. Cal need to come down to So.Cal events more often. No B.S. just racing......Been to CMI once! Will NEVER go back. Not worth the trip.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i think i may just have to bite the bullet and travel down to so. cal to race now.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bretx0r)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bretx0r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

distracted by this?
asses like that make me want to puke yellow and green chunks

there were some alright looking girls but **** like that doesnt belong at a race event</TD></TR></TABLE>

I didn't see the close up shots, I just saw it from far away...and if you look she's actually a bracket racer. I spoke with her for ~30 minutes at the NHRA race when we were waiting for our runs, she has a green civic.

That was my first time attending the Saturday of a CMI event, I normally only attend on the Sunday for just the racing.

Austin
Old 10-20-2003, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bretx0r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i think i may just have to bite the bullet and travel down to so. cal to race now.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Summitt World Finals next weekend in Pomona.

Best Sport Compact racing event, imo.

Oct. 25-26
3rd annual
Mazda NHRA Sport Compact World Finals
presented by Toyo Tires
Pomona Raceway, Pomona, Calif.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sacramento/northern cali peeps (RyanAutry)

After attending the August event i realized i will never attend another CMI show and drag . It should be Drag Racing and Topless chicks. Only if Infineon had more events. I attended / raced at the Summit event and was impressed how the track officials are very friendly and organized.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:52 PM

Cmi is gettin weaker and weaker every event......hope it is better for the 2004 season.....

<U>Custom Built Imports</U>
Old 10-21-2003, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sacramento/northern cali peeps (Junkiii Hatch)

I feel the same way about the show part of the CMI events. I remember a few years ago they used to just do a wet t-shirt contest and that was it. They need to get rid of anything that's going to take up our track time like the notch ryders and the burn-out contest. Or at least have those in another area so we can still get our runs in.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:45 AM

Default Re: sacramento/northern cali peeps (96dc2)

i agree that CMI does suck. i'm in the proclass and i think that tony could do a better job. i use to remember when the lines use to go around the circle track. now it's not even close to that. hopefully Tony relize what is going on and try to market all the drag racers back.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:46 PM

Default Re: sacramento/northern cali peeps (Junkiii Hatch)

wats u say is true bro i think that 2004 everyone will be fast
Old 10-21-2003, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Austin)

Yeah, that's the chick from Neu-Era!!!! LOL! I seen her at NHRA too driving that teal civic...she did ok at NHRA, how did she do at CMI?

Really though, when Sac used to run the races back in 95, those were so much better. Whatever happened to NIRA?
Old 10-21-2003, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SmobbinSi)

I think NIRA is now NOPI. Not sure, but NOPI does have the same street classes NIRA used to have.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I remember the first NIRA and CMI ran them both . Still like racing in SAC though , I live in Vegas now it's worth the 8 hr drive . i'm from Manteca so it's close to home . It's sucks running at 2100 ft in Vegas
Old 10-21-2003, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2slow4U)

CMI is one of the Original series... before NOPI before NHRA Tony doesn't have a multi million dollar budget to run his events and he does the best he can with what he has. With all the big series coming out of course alot of big racers are going to skip CMI. I will continue to go to CMI because CMI is all about the racers and not about the big corporate takeovers. California Modified Imports
Old 10-21-2003, 08:30 PM

Default Re: (FTR11secALLMOTOR)

Danny good job at battle and I'll see you at CMI in Jan.!! everyone just give Tony a chance he's a great guy and doing his best.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:43 PM

Well there is one good thing about CMI, there's a chance for alot of street/non-sponsored racers to get into the PRO class. Otherewise, most of them would all be in the street class or something. Alot of people didn't go to the last CMI because there wasn't going to be a PRO class, but turns out anyone who wanted to be in the PRO class paided $40 for the pot.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SadisticRacing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SadisticRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Danny good job at battle and I'll see you at CMI in Jan.!! everyone just give Tony a chance he's a great guy and doing his best.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey.. thanks i will definately see you in Jan... tony is doing what he can and i know he does everything with the best intention for the racers... and that is what counts.... Battle was fun.. i place myself in the field in the right spot and ran my race to make the final.. ive got alot of repairs to do before pomona hope to get it done and be back on the track finish the season strong..
Old 10-21-2003, 11:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SUPERNATURAL)

opps... posted under my brothers name..
Old 10-22-2003, 12:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bretx0r)

</TD></TR></TABLE>

damn thats some fukin cellulite

Quick Reply: sacramento/northern cali peeps