Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Royal Purple Sponsorship application

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 10:46 AM
H-T Administrator

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Royal Purple Sponsorship application

Normally, I wouldn't do this, but it sounds like it could be a way to get some help from a great company.

Originally Posted by Royal Purple
Royal Purple Announces Open Call for Sponsorship Proposals
Aug. 29, 2011 (Porter, TX)*–*High performance synthetic lubricant manufacturer Royal Purple has announced an open call for sponsorship proposals for the 2012 year. Proposals will be accepted until Sept. 30, 2011 for all genres of racing (individuals and teams), event organizers and project builds.
“Royal Purple’s primary interest in sponsorship*is for research and development. Our sponsorship activities are executed to increase the company’s visibility, differentiate the company’s products from those of its competitors, and establish mutually beneficial partnerships,” said Royal Purple Director of Consumer Marketing Randy Fisher. “Sponsorship proposals are evaluated to ensure that Royal Purple establishes sponsorship relationships that will mutually benefit Royal Purple and the requestor,” he added.
Proposals may be submitted via email or mail. For more information and to download the sponsorship form, visit*http://www.royalpurple.com/rp-racing.html
About Royal Purple
Royal Purple produces synthetic products for all your automotive needs including: engine oils, transmission fluids, gear oil, coolant additives, power steering fluid, chain lubricant, grease, penetrating lubricant, and assembly lube. For more information about Royal Purple or its products, contact Royal Purple Inc., One Royal Purple Lane, Porter, TX 77365, 281-354-8600,*www.royalpurple.com.
Become a part of the Royal Purple social media family. Follow Royal Purple on Twitter at @Royalpurpleinc or “Like” the Royal Purple Facebook Fan Page at www.facebook.com/officialroyalpurple.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Royal Purple Sponsorship application

WANT! That's all I USE!
Old 08-31-2011, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

would they still let me use brad penn? lol
Old 08-31-2011, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turbo-2nr
hahahaha
Old 08-31-2011, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

RP>BP

\ truth
Old 08-31-2011, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lmao funnest thing iv heard all day i think what you mean to say is
RP>BP at pitting bearings
i wouldn't run RP in my lawn mower
Old 08-31-2011, 10:11 PM

Then my oil could match my wheels! I think it was meant to be!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lmao funnest thing iv heard all day i think what you mean to say is
RP>BP at pitting bearings
i wouldn't run RP in my lawn mower
Nope. What I meant to say is what I said. It owns it, and Mobile 1, and.... well most any US MFg'd oils.... Including the specialty brands. Ive seen the results 1st handed, and I assure you my constantly beaten motors bearings along with EVERYTHING else in the motor have looked FLAWLESS... Everytime stuffs been apart to be inspected.

In fact, it alleviated a cam wear issue I was having as well... Did my reading on bobistheoilguy.com, saw some independant test results that blew me away... So your firsthand experience with it is what exactly? Pitting? Sounds like user error moreso than that oil.... ***** incredible.

In fact so much so that a friend whom was sponsored by Bardahl switched to RP after seeing how well it worked in my pile of ****.

Wonder what your lawnmowers bearings look like.... Probabaly about like the ones on your muffler???
Old 09-01-2011, 03:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Reid@KAIZENSPEED
Then my oil could match my wheels! I think it was meant to be!
I'm with you on this one Reid 8's rocking purple, that will definitely be the icing! You coming to Outlaw bro?
Old 09-01-2011, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by extralargenog
Nope. What I meant to say is what I said. It owns it, and Mobile 1, and.... well most any US MFg'd oils.... Including the specialty brands. Ive seen the results 1st handed, and I assure you my constantly beaten motors bearings along with EVERYTHING else in the motor have looked FLAWLESS... Everytime stuffs been apart to be inspected.

In fact, it alleviated a cam wear issue I was having as well... Did my reading on bobistheoilguy.com, saw some independant test results that blew me away... So your firsthand experience with it is what exactly? Pitting? Sounds like user error moreso than that oil.... ***** incredible.

In fact so much so that a friend whom was sponsored by Bardahl switched to RP after seeing how well it worked in my pile of ****.

Wonder what your lawnmowers bearings look like.... Probabaly about like the ones on your muffler???
RP dont handle the heat and brakes down to fast for my liking
and BP works how i want it to, I can make 10 back to back hits and not see any drop in oil psi i cant say the same about the RP because at around 5 hits it starts to drop
having a daily driven street car that makes over 500whp driven hard and has over 40k miles on it and hundreds of track hits with out one problem says a lot to me about BP
you can use your over hyped expensive main streem oil, and i will use cheap "crap" oil that works
Old 09-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

and BP works how i want it to, I can make 10 back to back hits and not see any drop in oil psi i cant say the same about the RP because at around 5 hits it starts to drop
having a daily driven street car that makes over 500whp driven hard and has over 40k miles on it and hundreds of track hits with out one problem says a lot to me about BP
you can use your over hyped expensive main streem oil, and i will use cheap "crap" oil that works
Having a street car making 750WHP wit over 575 pounds of TQ (Over 650 for over 3 years) and beaten like a kid you hate every time I drive it makes me confident my choice is a good one and you dont really know that of which you speak from a first hand experience.

Thank you.

7 a qt for what Ive seen out of RP makes it worth every bit of the 7 a qt I pay. Judging by you cant spell "break down" correctly has sealed my opinion on your opinion.

Par.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by extralargenog
Having a street car making 750WHP wit over 575 pounds of TQ (Over 650 for over 3 years) and beaten like a kid you hate every time I drive it makes me confident my choice is a good one and you dont really know that of which you speak from a first hand experience.

Thank you.

7 a qt for what Ive seen out of RP makes it worth every bit of the 7 a qt I pay. Judging by you cant spell "break down" correctly has sealed my opinion on your opinion.

Par.
LMAO ouch!!!!!! If you don't have n e thing positive to say about the opportunity brought upon us, then don't say ****.....
Old 09-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

o dang pulled out the grammar card didn't know we were on Englishtech.com
Seeing as that's what you have to argue about means this is never going to go any were. Your going to stick by your fancy oil and im going to stick by what i know works
iv lost a motor to RP and said i would never put it in any thing again and it wasn't a builder error because it was a stock daily driver! last summer got a case from a buddy for free and decided to give it another chance, off the bat it was 5psi lower and after 2weeks of beating on it was holding a bout 15psi lower than the BP thought i hurt the motor, put the BP back in and went right back to were is should have been.

next time your motor fails make sure to throw up pics of your bearings so every one can see how the RP has been treating you!
Old 09-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

years dont mean ****,iv know people that have had the same setup for 5+years and have under 10k miles on it.
bring your 50% more power down here to texas and ill show you who the princess is with my daily driver.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

years dont mean ****,iv know people that have had the same setup for 5+years and have under 10k miles on it.
bring your 50% more power down here to texas and ill show you who the princess is with my daily driver.
uh huh.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yet another thread down the drain due to people bitching
Old 09-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=slvrlude;45952329]yet another thread down the drain due to people bitching

lolz
Old 09-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We used Royal Purple for both of the Scion cars. The SFWD and Pro Stock never had any issues with bearings cause of the oil. It is a good product and stood up in the alcohol motor without breaking down. Maybe you guys used the wrong wieght.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks Clayton for posting that up. I'm sure a lot of people appreciate it (even when there's sidebar disputes) haha
Old 09-05-2011, 03:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

royal purple FTMFW!
Old 09-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ive always had great sucess with royal purple, i had broken an oil pump gear, it went unnoticed for almost 3 miles...

Tore bottom end apart, it was still in such great shape i put eveything back in and replaced the oil pump..

Highly unlikely you "lost" an engine due to the type of oil you were using... your entitled to use whatever you like, but saying you lost the motor due to royal purple oil, when me and certin others are making over 600whp in cars that see approx 7-10k miles a year is rediculous, perhaps you need a new engine builder or you shouldnt try and build your own engines...

Certinly it wasnt royal purp that caused your failure...
Old 09-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is something else wrong, I had used RP in a good amount of race cars, including pro mod cars and never seen or heard of that problem.