Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Pomona Sport FWD Payouts

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pomona Sport FWD Payouts

Just received from one of my sources at NHRA:

"Due to the Sport FWD class popularity the NHRA will revise the purse (minimum 16 cars) at the Nitto NHRA Sport Compact World Finals at Pomona Raceway:

$500 win
$100 R/U
$75 Semis
$65 Quarterfinals

***This is based on a full field of 16 cars only

Entry is $65 for car and driver."

So, will there be 16 Sport FWD cars at Pomona?
Old 10-11-2004, 07:17 AM
HT's Biggest Loser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Pomona Sport FWD Payouts (old guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by old guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So, will there be 16 Sport FWD cars at Pomona?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, lol...

But, great idea, this class costs money too race, about time racers see some of it back
Old 10-11-2004, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pomona Sport FWD Payouts (SIXTYdashONE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIXTYdashONE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No, lol...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dunno...if any track has a chance to field 16 cars, it would be here at pomona
Old 10-11-2004, 07:27 AM
HT's Biggest Loser

Default Re: Pomona Sport FWD Payouts (Sp00n'd Supra)

I dissagree Spoon... I think east coast has a fair abundance of cars (please PLEASE hold all the east/west coast drama, lol)

Im just saying, (and going by etown, virginia, and maryland attendance records) that it has always been in our favor (we're lucky to have so many great competitors)

But either way, i hope it is a full feild, that would br great!
Old 10-11-2004, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIXTYdashONE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dissagree Spoon... I think east coast has a fair abundance of cars (please PLEASE hold all the east/west coast drama, lol)

Im just saying, (and going by etown, virginia, and maryland attendance records) that it has always been in our favor (we're lucky to have so many great competitors)

But either way, i hope it is a full feild, that would br great!</TD></TR></TABLE>

that is true. i've noticed attendance in west cost events drop every year, not jus nhra but boti, etc. for the past 4 years. i guess because most of the west coast guys have moved on from this...ie; drift, road race, bikes, etc. east coast is still big because its more mainstream now with toys, models, etc.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIXTYdashONE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dissagree Spoon... I think east coast has a fair abundance of cars (please PLEASE hold all the east/west coast drama, lol)

But either way, i hope it is a full feild, that would br great!</TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe im putting too much hope on all those other people that are "unheard of" to come out with their cars, cuz know thers alot of high hp cars running around here.....off hand i can name a half dozen or so cars that SHOULD come out though.....we shall see
Old 10-11-2004, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sp00n’d Supra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

maybe im putting too much hope on all those other people that are "unheard of" to come out with their cars, cuz know thers alot of high hp cars running around here.....off hand i can name a half dozen or so cars that SHOULD come out though.....we shall see </TD></TR></TABLE>

no but u r right spoony, if anything, pomona will be packed. always is hence early registration is encouraged. because it does get sold out being only 300 cars are allowed.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:42 AM
HT's Biggest Loser

Default Re: Pomona Sport FWD Payouts (advertise)

Honestly i think In the last 2 years, the east coast attendance has just grown tremendously. So Cal has always been a hotbed for import performance, for a long time, but also has been steller lately, and the east coast has had more attendance as well as more events also. So theres many reasons why things are happening the way they are. Good luck to all those attending
Old 10-11-2004, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sp00n’d Supra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

maybe im putting too much hope on all those other people that are "unheard of" to come out with their cars, cuz know thers alot of high hp cars running around here.....off hand i can name a half dozen or so cars that SHOULD come out though.....we shall see </TD></TR></TABLE>

Wish I could go over to see the other SFWD cars. But you have to give it to the east coast for holding it down. Majority of the fastest are from here....
Old 10-11-2004, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Pomona Sport FWD Payouts (DJF5)

I have to agree that there are more Sport FWD cars opn the East coast, but the West coast has it's fair share also. I think there will be a full field at Pomona.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

There will be a couple Exospeed Built Sport FWD cars along with the Exospeed Utah Team... We cant forget about Courtney and Jason Penman. They're gonna lay some good times down at Pomona.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:51 AM

i do agree with u guys about the east coast having a lot of sfwd cars..i personally think that the west coast has its own share of sfwd cars which are mostly all motor cars..not to take anything away from the turbo heads out there but i think if nhra had a class for us all motor junkies then i think u would see a rise in the number of entries..
Old 10-11-2004, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pomona Sport FWD Payouts (GoldenEagleMfg.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GoldenEagleMfg.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have to agree that there are more Sport FWD cars opn the East coast, but the West coast has it's fair share also. I think there will be a full field at Pomona. </TD></TR></TABLE>

We shall see!

I was gonna go to the finals but forgot of originals plans that I made! Oh well...