Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

OFFICIAL SUMMER SLAM 2012 Results and Picture thread

Old 07-02-2012, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: OFFICIAL SUMMER SLAM 2012 Results and Picture thread

^ dry sump belt came out under the car after the burnout. Later to find out the dry sump pump locked up.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh damn thats no bueno
Old 07-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I raced in pro stock all of 2011. Came in 4th place in points... With a small b18 thinking just to go out and have fun. If they wanted the class to be more competive u would think some of the companys would. Help me get the car to go faster but no one wanted to lend a hand the all want money. So I'm doing a turbo setup but ill gladly take it off if some company want to get with me and get me back in pro stock
Attached Images  
Old 07-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MoiMotorsports
I raced in pro stock all of 2011. Came in 4th place in points... With a small b18 thinking just to go out and have fun. If they wanted the class to be more competive u would think some of the companys would. Help me get the car to go faster but no one wanted to lend a hand the all want money. So I'm doing a turbo setup but ill gladly take it off if some company want to get with me and get me back in pro stock
I gave you alot of credit for going out there last year and racing to have fun win or lose, fast or slow. But I mean seriously with this post ? No company is just going to give you a motor, you could have put a stock K-series with some cams in your car and been running high 10's and put on a decent show. But you had some b18 that didn't even get down the track clean 3/4 of the passes and when it did it ran high 12's, which is what b18 street cars where running back in 2000, with nothing more then bolt ons.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by itsukivr6
I gave you alot of credit for going out there last year and racing to have fun win or lose, fast or slow. But I mean seriously with this post ? No company is just going to give you a motor, you could have put a stock K-series with some cams in your car and been running high 10's and put on a decent show. But you had some b18 that didn't even get down the track clean 3/4 of the passes and when it did it ran high 12's, which is what b18 street cars where running back in 2000, with nothing more then bolt ons.
I work for myself there are some months that some one working at a fast food place makes more then me I'm not the one looking for hand outs. I have quafie gear set and works good yea the car will go 12s on the motor I put a 120 shot on it and it almot went 10s with 375 hp car is got a steal cage in it with me in there its at 1980 lb its ment to have a turbo in it so I'm going for the q32 class. All I was tring to get at is that even the anoucer is making jokes and I think of it as I wish I was there. The car would need a new cage and a big h motor with a company behind me but that's all I just don't have the money like I use to. Or I would have went with a k but I don't like the stock k trans they don't last long. And when the car wouldent go down the trak that me tring dif things. If I wasent going to win anyway soo why not try dif thing to lern from them here is the video on the 120 shot
Originally Posted by itsukivr6
I work for myself there are some months that some one working at a fast food place makes more then me I'm not the one looking for hand outs. I have quafie gear set and works good yea the car will go 12s on the motor I put a 120 shot on it and it almot went 10s with 375 hp.the civic has a steal cage in it with me in there its at 1980 lb its ment to have a turbo in it so I'm going for the q32 class. All I was tring to get at is that even the anoucer is making jokes and I think of it as I wish I was there. The car would need a new cage and a strong h with a company behind me but that's all I just don't have the money like I use to. Or I would have went with a k but I don't like the stock k trans they don't last long. And when the car wouldent go down the trak that me tring dif things I wasent going to win anyway soo why not try dif thing to lern from them. Here is a vido on the 120 shot. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature...McUEK7C8&gl=US

Last edited by MoiMotorsports; 07-02-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MoiMotorsports
I'm sorry to have to respond to this but this just struck a nerve. I remember you driving your car in the pits drunk doing burnouts around everyone's kids. People who give money to racers saw that.

If you think everyone is out there racing on sponsorship money then you are misinformed. There are a couple guys in pro stock, and street all motor that have EARNED sponsorship assistance. However, they spent their own money first, and continue to spend their own money to go to races. I guarantee you that some of the races with long travel distances and missed revenue from being away from the shop cost $10,000 to go to a single race. On a strict budget with no spares it can costs us half that. These motors, transmissions, and spares cost a truckload of money and all the racers are spending their own hard earned money long before they get a little bit of help here and there.

I have sponsored 10 cars in the last 2 years and 2 of them have been personally fulfilling and shown some sort of ROI. The rest we would have gained more flushing all that $$ down the toilet. Show a company how you are going to return the money they gave you x50 and then follow through on it, and you will be able to spark some sponsor interest. There are a lot of guys out there working their nuts off day in and day out who don't get help, and companies will be giving them help first.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol I knew this would get good as soon as I read his post. What a tool bag. No one is gonna hand some idiot 30k.

Like luke said sponsorships are earned. Talk to any racer that has good support now and ask how they got there. I'd bet 9/10 got there by impressing people with their car when they had no help. A sponsor has to believe that extra help is going to make you competitive and make them look good aka return on investment if u caught onto ROI.

No one is gonna give you a motor and put a new cage in your car. They would do it for their own cars before they did it for some idiot running 12's in a 1900 lb car.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If I was asking for it I would have made post and ask for help not on here geting made fun of for speaking my mind everyone wants to see the sport have a biger turn out and a class that dosent have a full field. I'm sorry I haven't earned anything from anycompany I'm always helping anyone out I can in the pits. Ill be out racing in the q32 class my coment was for the anouncer making fun of pro stock class. And I wasent doing burn outs the car boging off the line I was just checking something. I didn't think it was going to work and it did I didn't mean to do it in the pits near everyone.. All I was geting at if they want to talk **** on the class I'm here willing to be in it with support that's all I was geting at
Old 07-03-2012, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im going to speak based on what i been through for the past 7 years with an old team mate. now, keep in mind, we were just 2 average joe's racing on a relatively low budget, with no help from any company or sponsors. we managed to keep at long enough to learn about the car & setup, eventually becoming the 2nd FWD Honda ever to hit a 7 second pass. the owner of the car has a full time job(which is also his own company) has a Family to attend to, a house, along with every other bill that most people have.

i guess what im trying to get at, is that crying on the internet about sponsors (or lack of) is going to get you nowhere. get out there, make moves, put on a good show, be profesional (i lack skills in the professional department :p ) and then maybe u might get a tiny tiny tiny bit of help.

we tried to do the best we could with what we had, and still to this day never had a sponsor for the car.

go race for you, dont race because u think people are just going to start suckin your dick and handing you money too. it doesnt work that way. its obvious you are in this for all the wrong reasons.

why dont you put your name on the side of your car, and use the car as a marketing tool for your business. you can use it for a tax writeoff, and maybe even make a dollar from potential customers. if you play your cards right, it will work out, you will gain money from the business and be able to afford all the sweet race parts your little heart desires.

and even when you have all the sweetest race parts the planet has to offer....... will you know what to do with them ? ? ? alot of people have the most bad *** stuff ever, but never make a good showing...........................
Old 07-03-2012, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yet to see any slammed pictures of imports. no hellaflush, no care.

hahahaha
Old 07-03-2012, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You don't make money racing /story

I know I only do it for fun, I know I will never live off of racing. After that weekend is over I go back to work, and after work i go back to the shop and work on the race car. Every free moment is spent on trying to make changes and make the car faster on a limited budget.

Thats why we race, we like to think/go fast/compete

nothing more nothing less

oh yeah, here is a picture since this is a picture thread

Old 07-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DaveF
im going to speak based on what i been through for the past 7 years with an old team mate. now, keep in mind, we were just 2 average joe's racing on a relatively low budget, with no help from any company or sponsors. we managed to keep at long enough to learn about the car & setup, eventually becoming the 2nd FWD Honda ever to hit a 7 second pass. the owner of the car has a full time job(which is also his own company) has a Family to attend to, a house, along with every other bill that most people have.

i guess what im trying to get at, is that crying on the internet about sponsors (or lack of) is going to get you nowhere. get out there, make moves, put on a good show, be profesional (i lack skills in the professional department :p ) and then maybe u might get a tiny tiny tiny bit of help.

we tried to do the best we could with what we had, and still to this day never had a sponsor for the car.

go race for you, dont race because u think people are just going to start suckin your dick and handing you money too. it doesnt work that way. its obvious you are in this for all the wrong reasons.

why dont you put your name on the side of your car, and use the car as a marketing tool for your business. you can use it for a tax writeoff, and maybe even make a dollar from potential customers. if you play your cards right, it will work out, you will gain money from the business and be able to afford all the sweet race parts your little heart desires.

and even when you have all the sweetest race parts the planet has to offer....... will you know what to do with them ? ? ? alot of people have the most bad *** stuff ever, but never make a good showing...........................
DAVE SPEAKS THE TRUTH!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 4piston
I'm sorry to have to respond to this but this just struck a nerve. I remember you driving your car in the pits drunk doing burnouts around everyone's kids. People who give money to racers saw that.

If you think everyone is out there racing on sponsorship money then you are misinformed. There are a couple guys in pro stock, and street all motor that have EARNED sponsorship assistance. However, they spent their own money first, and continue to spend their own money to go to races. I guarantee you that some of the races with long travel distances and missed revenue from being away from the shop cost $10,000 to go to a single race. On a strict budget with no spares it can costs us half that. These motors, transmissions, and spares cost a truckload of money and all the racers are spending their own hard earned money long before they get a little bit of help here and there.

I have sponsored 10 cars in the last 2 years and 2 of them have been personally fulfilling and shown some sort of ROI. The rest we would have gained more flushing all that $$ down the toilet. Show a company how you are going to return the money they gave you x50 and then follow through on it, and you will be able to spark some sponsor interest. There are a lot of guys out there working their nuts off day in and day out who don't get help, and companies will be giving them help first.
If i am not mistaken Alex has helped you in your pit before, also many other racers with big names. This is something you seem to forget when it comes time to speak... I know Alex and he is a good friend of mine. When he is at the track i am the only one that helps him. He doesn't ask for hand outs and doesn't ask for anything from other racers (ie tools, parts etc..) but they do ask him to borrow things or for his help though.

Yes a lot of racers race on a budget, but everyones budget is different. Whether it be a few thousand, a few hundred or less than a hundred, you work with what you have. On his budget i don't know how he does it honestly. And for those of you who don't know he has a few trophies from his previous civic when he was bracket racing. He decided to move up and try to do a different class but realized he didn't have the money to do what he wanted to do in that class. I wish people would take the time to know more about someone before they blasted off at him.

I realize this will probably get deleted because anytime I try and defend someone it gets deleted.... Prove me wrong honda-tech mods. I guess bashing is allowed and defending isn't.

And just to let you all know although i am currently building my own car, I am considering throwing money Alex's way for his race car. I know he is a good person, not what you people make him out to be over the internet.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member