Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Drag Racing (https://honda-tech.com/forums/drag-racing-36/)
-   -   OEM Based ECU Drag Racing Tricks (https://honda-tech.com/forums/drag-racing-36/oem-based-ecu-drag-racing-tricks-3270797/)

rawperformance1 02-18-2016 02:16 PM

OEM Based ECU Drag Racing Tricks

I'm making this thread out of interest and to possibly learn from others. I tried posting in the Tuning section, but that seems like it's all about CROME and nobody views anything there. I'm a part time tuner, and I've often had to get creative with manipulating the OEM ECU based softwares to do things when drag racing that maybe they shouldn't have done if I were just using the parameters at face value.

For example, I've heard of people using the IAT compensation for back yard strain gauge shifter setups.

I've used Neptune to do rolling antilag.. (and no, it's not limited to a certain speed or RPM like the Hondata way of doing it that's been on here before)

I've used nitrous tables for shift cut to keep the turbo spooled between gears using a clutch input.

Nitrous tables have been used for traction control...

I'm interested to hear what others do to achieve results that maybe you normally wouldn't if you couldn't get creative. I'm sure there are secrets people wouldn't want to give out, but I'm always open with people when they ask me how I do something.

extremeracer 02-18-2016 09:54 PM

Re: OEM Based ECU Drag Racing Tricks

Interesting post, I'm very curious how you've enable rolling antilag on Neptune, I'm on eCtune so very similar interface.

Your post gets me thinking on what can be done with any table linked to a 0 - 5v scale sensor...

DA9_LEO 02-19-2016 09:08 AM

Id like to know How nitrous tables have been used for shift cut or traction control

rawperformance1 02-19-2016 10:48 AM

I should've worded "traction control" a little better... More like a traction aid. Use nitrous tables to reduce timing off the line and gradually bring it back in as the track allows.

The rolling antilag in Neptune I do by using TPS activated launch control/antilag. I make the engagement TPS% really low, like 10%, make the maximum speed 150mph, and use a clutch input which is really a switch/button such as the horn buttons. That way any time you're under 150mph, and over 10% TPS, hit the button at whatevre RPM or speed you want and bam, rolling antlag. Of course in Neptune you need to also enable antilag over X% TPS, which I also set at 10% usually.

turbo boost 02-19-2016 02:20 PM

how do they setup the strain gauge? to iat compensation?

rawperformance1 02-19-2016 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by turbo boost (Post 50777211)
how do they setup the strain gauge? to iat compensation?

I've never done it myself, I was just using that as an example that I'd heard of before. I would assume you plug in the timing retard you want in the IAT comp table, and set up the output voltage from the strain gauge amplifier to mimic certain voltages that different temperatures would produce.

DA9_LEO 02-20-2016 07:15 AM

Hmm, Sounds interesting, will inquire with my tuner about this option, hopefully he can do it when I head to track test and tune