Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

NOPI is BACK???!??!! & With HIN ??!??!!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 08:33 AM
GSRcaucAZN78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NOPI is BACK???!??!! & With HIN ??!??!!?

Originally Posted by NAH2B
FVCK NOPI and Mike Meyers waving his glass ***** around the foam pit
lol, really?
Old 03-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i was racing nopi at that time and i honestly didnt agree w/ what they were doing even then. i understand its a buisness as i own a buisness myself, and i understand they needed other entertainment on site to keep spectators entertained but it was WAY to focused on partying and not focused enough on drag racing.

sure Glenn was cool but guess what, Mike and others were ONLY concerned with **** and *** NOT DRAG RACING. that was made perfectly clear on his personal myspace page which looked like a **** site w/ a ton of drunken pics of him fondeling all the nasty nopi girs hahaha

there were 2 sides of ndra, drag racing and partying. too bad they focused mainly on the later of the two...

had they run their buissness more professionaly they might still be in buisness.

i am proud to be a nopi hater, always have been, always will be

fat drunken bastard....

the only people defending nopi are those who dont know any better and those who werent burned by them
I agree 100% with you when i was just getting into the import thing i heard about a race at norwalk that i wanted to go to which was nopi. I really wanted my dad to come and he could not make it. Thank God! It was cool and all but **** is so unprofessional. **** *** wannabe rap as loud as they could play it the whole time. ***** every were with those dudes with the mic's up there ***. I like the sitting in the stands and walking around talking to the racers thats what drag racing (spectator wise) is all about. I could never take my parents to a event like that and if i was a racer with kid i would not want them there either.

My 2cents.

Russ
Old 03-26-2010, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Golden Eagle
i don't agree because nopi was in trouble long before nhra and ether way they burned sponsors and racers for money

problem is they only did the east coast ware there are tons of races they screwed the west coast they also didn't pay the racers and jacked the sponsors
you must have been a big fan of bikini contest because there racing sucked *** like i said above they didn't even pay most the racers so how is not getting paid fun.

nope never even watched it, i was too busy racing and getting paid like everyone else actually racing. maby i missed the part where people were not paid, maby contigency was slacking (dont know how much NOPI had to do with that) but i remember getting a check right then ad there when money was owed....sorry

i cant speak for class/event sponsors since was never one...
i take it you raced a few times and was never paid for it?

Last edited by vtekthis; 03-26-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nopi was fun. Until they took all the sponsors money and ran away. Seriously, they help build a sport and helped get sponsors. But what did they do too all those sponsors in the end?
Glen feed everyone some BS when he said he was leaving for a better job. he played eveyone thinking he was on their side. Do you know what he did when he quit nopi? Went too go install radios at a shop here in GA.
He helped them destroy a sport and ran like a little girl before it went down. If any of you Sponsors need tires mounted im sure glen will help you out,since that his new job at BIG 10 tires.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glenn Woods was cool, kinda sucks he went from nopi tech to stereo tech to tire tech haha

i had the feeling he didnt want to fill everyone in on what was going down w/ nopi, cant really blame him for that. im sure he prolly let some of his close friends/racers know the deal?

anyway i see big things happening for NSCRA and im sure we will all support them no doubt. also Cliff is doing his thing w/ IFO and i will definately support him as well

I have a feeling NSCRA will easily surpass the national series nopi once was. hopefully they will learn from others mistakes and not spread themselves too thin. baby steps is the way to do it, then learn to walk your way right across the country
Old 03-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I never raced nopi so I can't comment, but it was fun IMO to spectate.

NSCRA However, deffinitely getting it right, can't wait until the first mir event.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Absorbing a business loss is one thing but fcking tracks, sponsors, racers, media, promoters etc and taking all their money invested in that year/s and killing the sport is another thing. Should be interesting to see there first event.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wait i must of missed the boat. wana update a N00b with what happened with Nopi? like 10 years ago they were the ****
Old 03-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I liked racing Nopi. I was paid every cent that I won and I was treated with great respect.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i was racing nopi at that time and i honestly didnt agree w/ what they were doing even then. i understand its a buisness as i own a buisness myself, and i understand they needed other entertainment on site to keep spectators entertained but it was WAY to focused on partying and not focused enough on drag racing.

sure Glenn was cool but guess what, Mike and others were ONLY concerned with **** and *** NOT DRAG RACING. that was made perfectly clear on his personal myspace page which looked like a **** site w/ a ton of drunken pics of him fondeling all the nasty nopi girs hahaha

there were 2 sides of ndra, drag racing and partying. too bad they focused mainly on the later of the two...

had they run their buissness more professionaly they might still be in buisness.

i am proud to be a nopi hater, always have been, always will be

fat drunken bastard....

the only people defending nopi are those who dont know any better and those who werent burned by them
I cant comment on why you feel the way you do it's your total right. I just dont under stand why you have such a issue. I have ran nopi since the days of nopi dragwars from 99. Brian is right, they were the 1st to have a street class, hell they really created the street class all of you built cars around their street class. When I ran a street car they allwasy paid me the followed up on contigency and up untill the drama at the end they were great to deal with. I know I had no issues looking at the girl's , but for the most part we never had time to watch. Let's face it , some people hated the girls others loved it, but it was part of the show and it got spectators...
So I dont know what you major issue is but I understand your obviously pissed. I understand why some of the west coast racers have a bone to pic, nopi was primarily a east coast series, they tried but to be honest car count was awful out west. I dont agree with how things ended and I dont understand what went on behind the scenes. Let's face it a lot of things went under in 08 the big 3 nopi , people lost jobs...
I love what John Brown is doing and let's support the people that are giving us a place to race. I can say if people on this site did less bitching and more racing and showing up and supporting things will get better and better. But it seems like nothing but a bitch fest.
Hell this board is allways a bitch fest.... I think nobody in the northeast or florida has any right to bitch about import dragracing..... we allways have had a place to race...Cant wait for mir nscra in June
Old 03-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i won some races and always got paid, no issue there

my problem w/ nopi was their lack of profesionalism when it came to the sport of drag racing

that was just my opinion of course, but i am entitled to it and so i chose to stop supporting them in 06'

even though nhra dropped the ball as well, they were a completely diffferent show than nopi was when it came to the events and how they were run. it is that type of atmosphere i would like to be a part of, a true racing environment. i wont race for a sanction who is equally concerned w/ the rules of nopi chic flag football in the pits and foam pit parties as they were drag racing.

im not there to get paid as a profesional racer so im not gonna dance for anyone. thats just not me

im just here to race...

NSCRA seems to be a sanctioning body i can be proud to be a part of, im looking forward it

see ya at mir
Old 03-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea you cant really deny the drive and professionalism that John Brown and the Nscra have. I remember being at OSW in Orlando for a normal test n tune over a year ago and John was there handing out Nscra flyers and putting in the foot work himself.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

NSCRA seems to be the best venue, no doubt. We just need more sponsors for the other areas. Im in Illinois, so Maryland and Florida are just too far for competition.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boostek9
NSCRA seems to be the best venue, no doubt. We just need more sponsors for the other areas. Im in Illinois, so Maryland and Florida are just too far for competition.
DOnt forget who has been giving everyone a series to race,all these years NONSTOP!!!! IMPORT FACE OFF!
Old 03-27-2010, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B18c1turboedEK
DOnt forget who has been giving everyone a series to race,all these years NONSTOP!!!! IMPORT FACE OFF!
I didnt forget, I will be attending a few of these. Maybe IFO and NSCRA should merge so the whole country will be on a point standing?? I do like the rules in IFO, very relaxed.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:26 AM
GSRcaucAZN78

Originally Posted by B18c1turboedEK
Thank you!

There have been 104 IFO events since 2001. There are 25 in 2010 at 22 different tracks. More racers compete through IFO than all other tours combined. Don't miss the next one that comes to your area!

REGIONAL POINTS MAP

www.ImportFaceOff.net
Old 03-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by teamXXXracing
i also feel the same way about NOPI as most do, plus i won't support HIN either... still never got paid from winning one of their drag classes two years ago at New England Dragway
Same here, I made it to the semis of HIN rivalry drag at Epping NH and the event got rained out. Was told payouts would be split, even gave them my info, social and all for tax. They said the payouts would be in the mail 2-3 weeks. Till this day never heard from them.
I'm sure this new adventure will be great, I'll give them 3 events and it's done.
The 1st event is in July at New England dragway and it's not even listed on NED's website LOL. I'm sure they're hoping for a crowd of teens...
Old 03-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GSRcaucAZN78
Thank you!

There have been 104 IFO events since 2001. There are 25 in 2010 at 22 different tracks. More racers compete through IFO than all other tours combined. Don't miss the next one that comes to your area!

REGIONAL POINTS MAP

www.ImportFaceOff.net
I will support IFO at New England Dragway!
Old 03-27-2010, 10:47 AM

How is BOTI doing?
Old 03-29-2010, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by GSRcaucAZN78
Thank you!

REGIONAL POINTS MAP

www.ImportFaceOff.net
i wish they would come to socal
Old 03-29-2010, 09:00 AM
GSRcaucAZN78

Originally Posted by Golden Eagle
i wish they would come to socal
I wish there was a track that had openings to let us :-(
Old 03-29-2010, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

they don't do the RACE thing down here in the Atlanta show.. maybe they'll set something up for it or something.. only way i'll go.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I really dont give a crap if they dont pay just give us some races in So Cal dam it
Old 03-30-2010, 01:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wasey13
How is BOTI doing?
This year, its schedule is a joke. I don't know why and I don't even care anymore.

Originally Posted by move motorsports
I really dont give a crap if they dont pay just give us some races in So Cal dam it

I agree!!! There are no events in SoCal this year. Only 1 event from BOTI till end of the year in November.

I built my car for NHRA and BOTI Street stock classes.

I am done with this bullsh!t and that is why I have my car for sale now.

Can't drive it in the streets because of cops, theives and damm Ford Focus's trying to race me and can't drive in on the tracks because well we don't have any anymore. Can't race events because they are all gone.

I know IFO is trying to come to SoCal and I and all of the SoCal drag racers are starving out here for any type of event for us.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by move motorsports
I really don't give a crap if they don't pay just give us some races in So Cal dam it
nopi don't do socal ether way

Quick Reply: NOPI is BACK???!??!! & With HIN ??!??!!?