Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Import Wars @ Great Lakes Dragaway

Old 04-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon7 Import Wars @ Great Lakes Dragaway

First of all we want to thank all of you racers and spectators for your all your help and support in keeping our “Sport Compact” scene alive. Believe it or not, Great Lakes Dragaway has the longest running Import Racing series in the nation. We will like to keep this event going for years to come. We have made a few changes to Import Wars this year in order to keep the racers happy and keep things fair for everyone. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of these classes, please feel free to contact us at ImportWars@Inbox.com.

This year, with the help of a few local shops and sponsors we will be able to have guaranteed pay outs for “some” of the classes. Pay outs may vary from class to class, sponsors and on class attendance. If less than four (4) cars show up for a class, they will be moved to a different class and will be able to compete for that class payout. The more cars show up for certain class, the larger the payout will be for that particular class. Here are the classes for the 2012 season.

Outlaw– O/L #01-99. This class is for any Pro style import or domestic vehicle with sport compact engine and body running 9.99 or quicker. Tube chassis, slicks, rotary engines, power adders in any combination and any engine swaps (as long as it is a sport compact motor) allowed. No restrictions on exhaust, interior, or tires.$65 to enter. Payout will be determined by the amount of cars that show up for this class and class sponsors available at the time. Minimum of four (4) cars needed to run this class. See “William” for more details on this class.

Super Quick- S/Q #300-399. Bracket Class Handicap sportsman tree (.500). Open to any RWD,AWD or FWD sport compact vehicles running 12.99 or quicker using qualifying to fill a sportsman ladder. Turbochargers, Superchargers, and Nitrous Oxide Systems permitted in any combination. No restrictions on exhaust, interior, or tires. $65 to enter, $350 winner/ $150 runner up. See “Prescott (Underdog)” for more details on this class

Super Mod- S/M #100-199. Bracket Class Handicap sportsman tree (.500) Open to any RWD,AWD or FWD sport compact vehicles running 13.00 or slower. Turbochargers, Superchargers, and Nitrous Oxide Systems permitted in any combination. No restrictions on exhaust, interior, or tires. Driver responsible for his/her own dial in time. $45 to enter, $200 winner/ $100 runner up. See “Prescott (Underdog)” for more details on this class

10.50 unlimited- U/L #600-699. 10.50-11.50 Index class. Heads up, Pro-tree (.400). Class open to any FWD, RWD and AWD sport compact vehicles. Turbochargers, Superchargers, and Nitrous Oxide Systems permitted in any combination. No tube chassis allowed. Qualifiers must run 11.50 and faster. No restrictions on engine type (must be sport compact motor), exhaust, interior, or tires. Three qualifying passes permitted. $65 to enter, $400 winner/ $200 runner up. See “Freddy (Speedquest)” for more details on this class.

Pro FWD – P/F #400-499. Heads up, Pro-tree (.400). Class open to any Sport compact FWD vehicle only. Turbochargers, Superchargers, and Nitrous Oxide Systems permitted in any combination. Wheelie bars, one piece front ends, and straight axles prohibited for Forced induction cars, but not for all motor cars. No restrictions on exhaust, interior, or tires. Motor swaps allowed as long as they stay within the same manufacturer. Three qualifying passes permitted. Qualifiers must run 12.99 and faster. $60 to enter, $300 winner/ $150 runner up. See “Freddy (Speedquest)” for more details on this class.

All Motor FWD- N/A #500-599. Heads up, Pro-tree (.400). Class open to any sport compact FWD naturally aspirated vehicle only. Turbochargers, Superchargers, and Nitrous Oxide Systems strictly prohibited. Wheelie bars, one piece front ends, and straight axles allowed. No restrictions on exhaust, interior, or tires. Motor swaps allowed as long as they stay within the same manufacturer. Three qualifying passes permitted. Qualifiers must run 13.99 and faster. $50 to enter, $250 winner/ $125 runner up. See “Freddy (Speedquest)” for more details on this class.

Test and tune- Open to any car and motorcycle. No payouts. Racers from any class are welcomed to run in the TNT lanes, even if they are eliminated from their class.

Grudge Matches- Open to any car and motorcycle. No payouts. Racers who want to set up a grudge match must see GLD staff for lane assignment. Rules and handicap agreements between the two parties are responsibility of the racers involved. Racers from any class are welcomed to participate on a Grudge match only if they are out of the competition or have been eliminated.

Dates:

4/15 8am-5pm
5/20 8am-5pm
6/9- 2pm-10pm
6/10- 8am-5pm
7/8- 8am-5pm
8/18- 2pm-10pm
8/19- 8am-5pm
9/23- 8am-5pm
10/7- 8am-5pm

For more details or track info. visit www.greatlakesdragaway.com or find us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/11306...3062702056503/

Last edited by SPEEDQUEST INC.; 04-03-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Import Wars @ Great Lakes Dragaway

Props to you Freddy and GLD staff on stepping up and making changes for the local drag racers. Good ****.

All motor class....hmmmmmmmmmm

Also big ups to Ill Garage and One Sixx for sponsoring. Good **** fellas.

Last edited by MikeySpec; 04-03-2012 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Saw sponsors on flyer
Old 04-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks Mike. I truly believe that if we work/race together we could make this work. Any Help from Sponsors will help guarantee pay outs. All the money we get from Sponsors will go directly to the racers.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Before I forget: Thanks to Mando @ IL Garage, for sharing Ideas with us and helping me organize the new classes.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

300 bucks for full pay out for fwd class? hahaha no offense might as well pay in nickels and pennies.
good looking flyer though!
see you guys at import wars TnT.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is my first year helping out with the event. I am currently working really hard on getting you guys (racers) better payouts. We also got to be realistic, It is impossible to pay $1000 when only 4 cars (@$65 each) show up for a class, which is the reason, I'm trying to get sponsors involved. Like I stated above- "The more cars show up for certain class, the larger the payout will be for that particular class." - Plus the money from sponsors will be added on top of the pay out (as long as we have enough cars in the class for full pay out)- If not enough cars show up for a class, the money from the sponsors will be used to guarantee the pay out listed above (on certain classes).

We could use all the help we can get as far as getting sponsors is concerned. For the first Import Wars, we are getting help from IL Garage, One-Sixx tuning and Myself (Speedquest) just to test waters. We are hoping that eventually we will have enough sponsors / racers to get you the Payout you deserve "Mr. Force"... Sorry if I am not moving fast enough for you. One step at the time.

Last edited by SPEEDQUEST INC.; 04-04-2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Deleted some stuff to make it more preofessional
Old 04-04-2012, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

For April classes are sponsored as follows:

10.50 Unlimited- IL Garage
Pro FWD- One Sixx tuning
All Motor FWD- Speedquest, Inc.

We got a few more sponsors for the one in May. If you are a shop or business interested on sponsoring a class, please let us know.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i personally think what you're doing is great and applaud your efforts regardless of the payout. with so many options, i'll try and get as many participants as i can.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by pb16b
i personally think what you're doing is great and applaud your efforts regardless of the payout. with so many options, i'll try and get as many participants as i can.
PB, we had you in mind for the allmotor class. Want to see that hotness participate locally... Congrats on the HondaTuning feature!!!

Everyone has to remember, this is a monthly event, so the guaranteed payouts are not going to be $1000 per event. The way that it's structured, you can take home a good chunk of change if there is a full 8+ car field. There are 7 events and if win multiple events the payout for the year should be good.

Last edited by 00ITR #543; 04-04-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks Mondo! we'll try and make it out to these events as well!

and good job to everyone involved with everything!
Old 04-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you can count me in on the all motor class.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good job guys, although theres not really a good class for me to run my street car in... It would have to be simular to the fip class of Imp. Faceoff... The 10.50 class we would be letting off at 700 or 800ft., and not really suitable for the outlaw class.. I may try to make it up for one race or something as you are halfway close, It just seems like you really dont have anything for fast street cars on dots....I realize it would take 10 classes to make it doable for everybody, so wel see what happens.,Joe Laramee/ Performance Porting Service.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Freddy I'll be contacting you about sponsoring as well, on top of that I got off the phone with a few bigger name companies today and they said they would defiantly be willing to help out at these events, either giving prize money away of credits for parts ect...A lot of them just wanna see how everything plays out to make sure there money isn't being pissed away.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

PB, I also saw your HT feature. Solid work.

I'd love to bring our group out to IW for an event, but it's a long *** drive for us twin cities folk. If there was a main/big event at the end of the year or something like the MAP Proving Grounds at Brainerd, Mn, I think I could convince them.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

People will drive 18+ hours to go hard park at events like Import Alliance, yet racing events like these are struggling to keep their head above water, just goes to show what the Honda scene has grown into

With that said I am going to attempt convincing my wife that another out of state event is not a bad idea lol. We are already going to Maryland for Import Revolution in July and possibly the NC IFO later this year. I really wanna see other tracks and meet people from other areas of the country. Good luck with this event!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Stealthmode Performance

I'd love to bring our group out to IW for an event, but it's a long *** drive for us twin cities folk. If there was a main/big event at the end of the year or something like the MAP Proving Grounds at Brainerd, Mn, I think I could convince them.
thank you. and yeah, it is decent hike from MN but it's not that bad. we'll go get some brats when you're in town!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Stealthmode Performance

There is something in the works already! End of year may not be good, because the weather over here. Can't let the cat out the bag, but there are talks and something should be out soon.

We'll see you guys at MAP!!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MikeySpec
Props to you Freddy and GLD staff on stepping up and making changes for the local drag racers. Good ****.

All motor class....hmmmmmmmmmm

Also big ups to Ill Garage and One Sixx for sponsoring. Good **** fellas.

All motor class too cereal for me. I think 11.5 is a good place. I believe this is around 5 hours from the twin cities.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks to everyone for the support, I'm not trying to do this by myself and any help I can get from you guys will be greatly appreciated. And I agree 100% with guy, If we want to get people from around the Midwest area (Ohio, Minnesota, Indiana, etc.) to come up here and race with us, we have to make it worth their while. This year we have two "special" 2 day events; one in June and one in August. 2 day events like these is the perfect opportunity to plan something big and get those racers from the Midwest area to come out to Great Lakes Dragaway and compete with us.

And like Mando mentioned, we are working on something "BIG" this summer
Old 04-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SPEEDQUEST INC.
Thanks to everyone for the support, I'm not trying to do this by myself and any help I can get from you guys will be greatly appreciated. And I agree 100% with guy, If we want to get people from around the Midwest area (Ohio, Minnesota, Indiana, etc.) to come up here and race with us, we have to make it worth their while. This year we have two "special" 2 day events; one in June and one in August. 2 day events like these is the perfect opportunity to plan something big and get those racers from the Midwest area to come out to Great Lakes Dragaway and compete with us.

I sent you a message on here about sponsoring an event, besides us ( RCautoworks ) we've been talking to GoldenEagle and as of right now they're definitely down to toss more money in to sweeten up the pot. I just need more information on a few things, so shoot me a message on here or give me a call at 708 599 5884 .
Old 04-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just a thought here: How about adding a 9.0-9.50 index class for those cars that dont fit in the other classes, or even 10.0... Its seems like theres no middle ground.... Nothing major, just a suggestion.Thanks,Joe L.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by furd
Just a thought here: How about adding a 9.0-9.50 index class for those cars that dont fit in the other classes, or even 10.0... Its seems like theres no middle ground.... Nothing major, just a suggestion.Thanks,Joe L.
The option of adding extra classes will be taken into consideration. Right now we must focus on having enough cars to fill the classes we already have. If we can do that, and there is enough demand for certain class, I see no problem getting that class added added to the program. For now you still have the option to run the Super Quick class as long a your car meets all the requirements for the class.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 90blackcrx
I sent you a message on here about sponsoring an event, besides us ( RCautoworks ) we've been talking to GoldenEagle and as of right now they're definitely down to toss more money in to sweeten up the pot. I just need more information on a few things, so shoot me a message on here or give me a call at 708 599 5884 .
pm'd...
Old 04-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I havent had a drag racing boner in a long time.

Good job everyone.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SPEEDQUEST INC.

MAP's even is at the end of june. Perhaps a July event?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Import Wars @ Great Lakes Dragaway