Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Illicit Forged and Strada Ind..

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Illicit Forged and Strada Ind..

Well let me guess everyones first thought is, "ha whats new" or "they have fucked a ton of people but people still spend money with them" Let me take the time and give the entire story.

So I built my EF years ago and used Strada for the 3 piece front end. Dealing with him was a pain in the *** but I got my stuff within 6 weeks. I like the square style front ends so thats why I chose it. Well lets fast forward a few years and a new car.

So I purchased a EJ1 from a friend of mine, started building it and needed wheels and a front end. Well I helped with sales for AFI TURBO for a few years and setup a dealer named Michael Gonzales aka owner of Illicit Forged. Well we have countless dealings with each other and have exchanged thousands of dollars...becoming decent friends I thought a long the years. So when it came down to make the move I figured why not...you supported me I would in return support you and buy your wheels. Well being in the So Cal area and friends with Jay aka Strada I hit him up wanting to order a set of wheels and a front end with the mutual agreement he would make sure I wouldn't get fucked and help get the front end if there were any issues. I spoke with Jay and he said he was a little slow and could have it done in 3 weeks but I would have it 6 weeks at the latest.

3 transactions:
$1300 full carbon front end
$1000 deposite for wheels (15x9 and 15x4)
$600 remaining for wheels

(paid Michael for it all cause Jay owed michael for a set of wheels so we worked it out to minimize exchanging hands.)

Agreement: Another person wanted a front end and we asked about a 2 front end special. I told Jay I was ready and couldn't wait for someone else to get their finances straight but he needs one so he would buy one too. Jay said no problem go ahead.

About 5 weeks into the deal I got a job offer across the country so I said no worries it will be a few weeks till I figure out if I will remain in Alabama or move elsewhere. I told him to hold it and let michael come pick it up so I can make 1 trip to get my wheels and front end...well after Jay flaking on michael a couple of times and changing his story he bitched about shipping. I told Jay I would pay for shipping but I'm not gonna give him more money just for me not to get my product. He told me "nah were good" So we came up with a solution he had to send some front ends to Angel Built who said he would just buy me out of it when it got there and he would just throw mine in with it. Well front ends showed up at Angel Builts...7 weeks later and no carbon lol

here we are going on 6 months after purchase and I still don't have anything!

Michael fed me some crap about how the wheels had to be remade and blah blah blah but has no solid eta, no information what so ever. I have contacted Chad Barber who says he can help, Brian Kilby who is trying to find out whats going on but the funny thing is the stories Jay gives Chad and Brian don't line up.

So I figured I would put this out there so anyone who is in the market for wheels or a front end BE ADVISED ***DO NOT TRY AND RISK YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON THESE PRODUCTS*** its a complete joke and I no longer support either company.

Here are some picture proof:

Oh yea and it was sent gift cause like I said before thought I was dealing with a friend.

oh yea did I mention ****DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY WITH THESE COMPANIES***
Old 08-04-2014, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Illicit Forged and Strada Ind..

Here is the best part....I ask for a refund and Michael post this bullshit lol

Old 08-04-2014, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

He must not have come from anywhere than suburbia. Post a pic like that in the hood and your **** would get jacked lol.

Sounds like the same tune on a different CD.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I love how other vendors can always "help". Makes them look just as shitty being associated with those crooks.

Hopefully people actually listen to your warning and stop thinking they will be the lucky guy.

Jay fucked my buddy out of a DA front almost 3 years ago. Was supposed to send him an EG front after 2+ years but of course he comes and goes saying he's about to ship that too.

We can only cross our fingers and hope those involved have bad things happen.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow what shady people can just take customers hard earned money
Old 08-04-2014, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dispute the paypal transaction
Old 08-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How do you dispute "Gift ". Idk ... Maybe read it before posting your thoughts.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea kind of hard to dispute a gift transaction. Maybe that's why the world has trust issues lol "friends" stabbing one another in the back. The thing that kills me is people with talent **** it away with laziness and bad business practices. I just hope this gets spread around so people will see me as a example. There's no reason things like this should happen. I work very hard for my money and like most of us juggle our family with the race car and when the money is taken by a company who is supposed to be trust worthy it's a crappy situation. I don't know how these people can sleep at night.

Last edited by Allred; 08-05-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sucks man. I seen someone say they were able to dispute a gift transaction before so it may b worth a shot. Good luck.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:20 PM
amk
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude still own me and my lil bro 2 carbon frontend been almost 2 years and been giving us the run around.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

"Well let me guess everyones first thought is, "ha whats new" or "they have fucked a ton of people but people still spend money with them""

obviously everyones first thought for good reason
Old 08-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That suck's bro...
I was thinking about swooping wheels up for my car but I wont even take the risk, and he's local.
I had the something like this happen to me...I was about to fly out to Texas...good thing I got my money back and my parts.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rickbeastwood
That suck's bro...
I was thinking about swooping wheels up for my car but I wont even take the risk, and he's local.
I had the something like this happen to me...I was about to fly out to Texas...good thing I got my money back and my parts.
Yep, bad part about it is there will always be a handful of scammers in this industry. I won't buy anything now unless I can see the product in front of me and get it when the money exchanges hands.

Last edited by Allred; 08-05-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would still call paypal and present them all of your screenshots. Ive heard of someonenstill getting taken care of when they gifted before but if i remember right its way harder.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Allred
Yep, bad part about it is there will always be a handful of scammers in this industry. I won't buy **** now unless I can see the product in front of me and get it when the money exchanges hands. **** everyone else.
I work hard for my money and i'm sure you do too...that **** gets under my skin, it would be nice to see these type of people get what they got comming... take legal actions.
What goes around comes around.

Last edited by rickbeastwood; 08-07-2014 at 05:27 AM.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rickbeastwood
I work hard for my money and i'm sure you do too...that **** gets under my skin, it would be nice to see these type of people get what they got cumming... take legal actions.
What goes around comes around.
Sounds to me like this guy will be lucky if he doesn't get his teeth knocked out when he screws over the wrong person one day.

I know a few who would hop on a plane with a Louisville slugger before letting someone get away with this kind of thing.

Sorry to hear about this. It is truly a shame for those individuals to bring this industry down when so many work hard to maintain good customer relations and service.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The problem with assaulting him is you will probably end up in jail over it and lose your career and put your family in a potential bad financial situation
Old 08-05-2014, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've disputed "gift" all the time. You just tell them it was a slip and you were clearly buying goods....as per your comment. (assuming you were smart enough to put the items purchased in the comment box)

There is also a time window for a dispute....3months I think. once that passes you are out of luck.

This situation sucks for sure. All the more reason to always go with the proven businessman every time.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:56 PM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Scumbags.

Strada and everyone that chooses to be associated with them.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea no sense in doing something retarded. Im just gonna make it a full time job to make sure everyone knows who and what they are dealing with. These people would sell their mom on the corner for a buck with no refunds. Jay changes his story about this situation with everyone that he talks to. He is a complete idiot, like everyone he talks to doesn't call me and tell me what this idiot is saying. I guess the good thing about me being in this industry for so long is I deal with a lot of people internationally and domestic and it will just spread further.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So glad I didnt give this guy money for a front end. People know hes bad news but yet still buy stuff for him and make another post about how shady he is.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CDecker0218
So glad I didnt give this guy money for a front end. People know hes bad news but yet still buy stuff for him and make another post about how shady he is.
yep maybe word will get out this time.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm surprised you're allowed to call jay an idiot. I called him a piece of **** one time on here and got an infraction.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i got my front end from a guy down in flordia he makes them honestly i was really nervous to send this dude money 1 i didnt know him for **** and 2 you always hear stories of people having to waite for ever he had mine here in a week and honestly i was very happy with the fitment if anyone would like his info shoot me a message ill give you his contact info.....ps the front bumper does now line up lol that was just my horrible attempt at body work.
Attached Images    
Old 08-07-2014, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^Did you get that from Pito Performance? I bought one from down in Miami, I drove down and picked it up because I didnt trust a single company with my money. I was very happy with mine as well.

Name:  QNmhsyU.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  187.3 KB

Last edited by AllShowNoGo727; 08-07-2014 at 09:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Illicit Forged and Strada Ind..