Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

IFO Quck4 ALL MOTOR RULES

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IFO Quck4 ALL MOTOR RULES

what should be changed within the rules...
what should be different?

SPEAK UP AND LET IT BE HEARD

Originally Posted by current rules
ALL MOTOR QUICK 4 HEADS UP presented by Hybrid Racing

PAYOUTS - $500 - Must have 4 qualifiers for full payout. Less than four qualifiers will receive half the normal payout. Qualifiers must run 14.49 and faster.
Winner - $350
R/U - $150

CLASS DESCRIPTION
Heads-Up, Pro-tree (.400) class for naturally aspirated stock import chassis FWD vehicles and/or RWD vehicles from any other manufacturer allowed. No power adders allowed. Any transmission allowed. Three qualifying passes permitted. Wheelie bars, one piece front ends, and any nitrous components prohibited.

BODY
Import or domestic compact car bodies allowed. Lexan windows allowed. Examples of bodies NOT permitted: Camaro, Trans Am, Mustang, Corvette, Grand National, etc. Examples of bodies acceptable for competition: Any Import car body, Focus, Cavalier, Sunfire, Neon, and other similar bodies.

INTERIOR
There are no restrictions on interior.

CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION
Vehicles must have functional doors. All vehicles must retain factory chassis. Vehicles must maintain stock drive configuration.

ENGINE
Import vehicles may run 4,5, & 6 cylinder motors, as well as 2,3, & 4 rotor motors. Only one internal-combustion engine permitted in vehicle. Domestic manufactured vehicles are limited to 4 cylinder engines. Engine manufacture must match chassis manufacture. Brother company substitutions are allowed. Engine must be located and configured in OEM location.

POWER ADDERS
No power adders allowed. Power adders include turbochargers, superchargers, and nitrous oxide systems. Any use of any power adder will lead to immediate disqualification and forfeiture of any winnings.

DRIVETRAIN AND TRANSMISSION
Stock driveline configuration must remain. Any transmission allowed.

EXHAUST
Any type of exhaust allowed.

TIRES
Slicks allowed for FWD vehicles only. RWD limited to DOT approved tires.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: IFO Quck4 ALL MOTOR RULES

i would def like to see some changes made to this class, i know this class is not as big as the turbo class, but for the guys running it, it seems like everyone will have to build a hot rod style car just to try to compete, but anyway, there is not that many people running this class so it will be hard to make changes,
i like the outlaw rules for the turbo class
Old 04-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the rules are good for the current state of sport compact racing, leave them alone

if you want to level the playing field, do it w/ weight limits rather than changing certain rules.

this will keep the class open to everyone who has a car to bring out.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Home of the fastest Hondas in the 417 area since, 1997, usa

just stay close to the rules for the BOTI SP class and the rules out there for the shootout.
Again 90+% of the cars that run IFO are street cars. If you start letting pro style cars in the class will die. Even with just street cars running its hard enough to fill this class every race. They cleaned up the turbo street rules and look what it did for that class.

full glass
interior from the B pillers forward, carpet, stock dash, door panels .......
no cutting of the fire wall or floor pan
no fiber glass lexan doors or one piece front ends
3 piece front end ok
no solid axle swaps or back halfs
no vacuum pumps
no dry sumps
no meth
no bars
open header ok

If there is no cutting or gutting or lexan you wont have to watch the weight
Old 04-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by efi2nr
just stay close to the rules for the BOTI SP class and the rules out there for the shootout.
Again 90+% of the cars that run IFO are street cars. If you start letting pro style cars in the class will die. Even with just street cars running its hard enough to fill this class every race. They cleaned up the turbo street rules and look what it did for that class.

full glass
3 piece front end ok
no vacuum pumps
no dry sumps
no meth
no bars
open header ok

sounds like street class but with slicks and payout is even larger
Old 04-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

leave the rules alone all you crybabys step you f***** game up. In defense of Onix that my the old allmotor race car and it has been runing IFO all motor class since Cliff started IFO with the floor boards cut out!!. Do you serious think spectators wanna come watch 12 to 13 sec cars race?
Old 04-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

full glass
3 piece front end ok
no vacuum pumps
no dry sumps
no meth
no bars
open header ok

those rules would be fine w/ me, but there are alot of cars out there w/ lexan and fiberglass doors which wouldnt be able to race.

IFO seems to have been doing well so why change things?

i always thought this class kept the rules open as a step between street and pro allmotor.

if 90+% of who runs the class now are street cars like you said, then why worry about changing the rules?
Old 04-06-2009, 02:38 PM
GSRcaucAZN78

Originally Posted by cotorresgee
leave the rules alone all you crybabys step you f***** game up. In defense of Onix that my the old allmotor race car and it has been runing IFO all motor class since Cliff started IFO with the floor boards cut out!!. Do you serious think spectators wanna come watch 12 to 13 sec cars race?
lol, let's keep it nice.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i believe the class is fine the way it is, and even if i weld back up the missing pieces of the car, the most weight it will add will probably be 20lbs and then what, another excuse.. my motor is making the power to pull the body down the track at that time and will make more...

street cars belong in street class, name for a reason, as far as stock chassis, it still retains stock shock mouning and suspension points.

my car is not the only one like that..

btw, car should be faster now
Old 04-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i will follow ifo rules and its all in the fun of drag racing...

just my .02
Old 04-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Sir2egk
i will follow ifo rules and its all in the fun of drag racing...

just my .02
well then posting this thread was pointless lol.
just my .02
Old 04-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I say leave the rules alone.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CRXjason
I say leave the rules alone.

x5 lol

if its not broken, dont fix it

i think its important at this point in time to make the class' as open to as many cars as possible.

i didnt always feel this way, but w/ the way things are going today you really dont want to start turning people away by adding more rules.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by cotorresgee
I've seen plenty off low 11 sec cars at IFO in the all motor class that are true street cars. There are even several cars capable of running 10's within the street rules. It's sad that "stepping up" one's game involves throwing a setup into your old hotrod car just to be able to compete. But that's besides the point.

The only problem I see is that with IFO, you basically have to build a hotrod chassis to be at the limit of the rules to compete in the all motor class. There aren't any other types of races to bring the same car to unless you want to strap on a set of wheelie bars and run low 9's with the big boys. So the question is who would really want to purposedly build an all motor car just to compete in IFO? I'd either want to go all out hotrod or keep it in street trim. I understand IFO is growing, but I want to race my all motor car against the fastest guys in the country. Right now the type of race I want to race in will be a race like the Etown all motor shootout in October.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

full glass
3 piece front end ok
no vacuum pumps
no dry sumps
no meth
no bars
open header ok

i'd have to agree with efi2nr,letting hotrod style allmotor cars will kill this class

lexan,fuel cell,and straight axles should be prohibited if you want the class to have better participation
Old 04-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by integrated civic
i'd have to agree with efi2nr,letting hotrod style allmotor cars will kill this class

lexan,fuel cell,and straight axles should be prohibited if you want the class to have better participation

lexan and fuel cells are allowed at the allmotor shootout, and fuel cells are allowed in todays street class' anyway.

i can see not allowing straight axle and requiring some front interior including a dash. also not allowing the floor to be cut.

but if you eliminate lexan, fiberglass doors and fuel cells you will lose alot of cars right there.

Cliff if you are thinking of making rule changes, the shootout rules would be a good starting point.

but if you think about it, instead of adding different rules about this and that, just add some weight minimums instead. this way everyone can still participate as long as they make weight.

if a car meets the weight requirement who cares if it has lexan and fiberglass or interior???? think about it
Old 04-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NAH2B
lexan and fuel cells are allowed at the allmotor shootout, and fuel cells are allowed in todays street class' anyway.

i can see not allowing straight axle and requiring some front interior including a dash. also not allowing the floor to be cut.

but if you eliminate lexan, fiberglass doors and fuel cells you will lose alot of cars right there.

Cliff if you are thinking of making rule changes, the shootout rules would be a good starting point.

but if you think about it, instead of adding different rules about this and that, just add some weight minimums instead. this way everyone can still participate as long as they make weight.

if a car meets the weight requirement who cares if it has lexan and fiberglass or interior???? think about it
i'd have to agree with the min. weight requirement,but in essence have you ever gone thru tech at an ifo event?its a joke, i am sorry about my negative comment but its the truth....
Old 04-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This makes no sence.. Ok.. So you think that more people wanna see a bunch of 11 and 12 second all motor cars go down the track?? Booooring.. I think its much more fun to watch a bunch of "cutup" cars runing 10s.. Whats the point of building a race car if your not gonna go all out to be fast.. If you wanna race your daily driver theres PLENTY of competition in the bracket classes..

Sorry its just annoying..
Old 04-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok Ill put my 3 cents in this, I love the format that IFO has. It works for a reason, its very simple and layed back.
But to tell me I have to step up my game to compete is BS. I work my *** off to be competitive, so to tell me to step up is funny.

Keep the rules as they are, they work.

Only thing I would change is a min weight of at least 1900

Marc P
Old 04-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mikesrex
It's sad that "stepping up" one's game involves throwing a setup into your old hotrod car just to be able to compete. But that's besides the point.
And MIKE get over it.. I know your still butt hurt cause you talked a whole lotta **** about us and our shop and we went faster than you.. So get over it already.. its pretty sad when customers come to our shop and say that you told them not to come to us cause were a bunch of little kids and don't know anything.. Do you know that those same people make fun of you and call you an idiot and we all laugh at you?? Your only doing more harm to your reputation and to the reputation of your friends shop..

Sorry I had to get that off my chest cause its really annoying to hear mikesrex 1000times a day talk about racing and race cars and he doesn't even have a race car.

Originally Posted by mikesrex
I understand IFO is growing, but I want to race my all motor car against the fastest guys in the country. Right now the type of race I want to race in will be a race like the Etown all motor shootout in October.
If you wanna race against the fastest guys in the country then your gonna have to build a REAL race car, not some daily driver wanna be street racer.. Either DO IT, or DON'T and stop whining about it..

By the way onix went 11.4@120 in a full body 2400LB ITR with nothing cut out, full dash, daily driven street car on E85.. He wanted to go faster so his setup went into a REAL race car and was changed up to make more power...
Old 04-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I understand theres a concern for the attendance of the N/A class, so mabey make a All Motor Street Class with stricter limits, and Then have the full on all motor run what you bring class to keep things entertaining. Personally I like seeing a few cars go reaally fast VS seeing a bunch of cars run slow.. So mabey just have both.. I don't know I"m rambling now..
Old 04-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Take the back and forth bitch to IM

back on topic

Marc P
Old 04-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry ..

What does everyone think about having 2 classes? One thats limited to street trim, and like an outlaw/pro class? Then alot more street trim racers can compete with a much more level playing field. And the pro style cars can still have their fun and still put on a good show for the crowds..
Old 04-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Mabey even allow wheelie bars in the pro class get some 9s all motor cars, that would be sick.. Then at the end have the N/A champ race the SFWD champ for bragging rights .. hehe. .
Old 04-06-2009, 07:19 PM
GSRcaucAZN78

Can't be any weight restrictions because not all tracks that IFO goes to have scales.

There's definitely not enough cars to have a separate pro and sport all motor class.

Quick Reply: IFO Quck4 ALL MOTOR RULES