Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Gator Axles VS Drive shaft shop.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Gator Axles VS Drive shaft shop.

^^^^F*ING George? ^^^^

This guy was sheering final drives to hell with Gator axles!

What are you driving these days anyhow? Some RHD bull-****? haha
Old 09-23-2009, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by D.Jones
^^^^F*ING George? ^^^^

This guy was sheering final drives to hell with Gator axles!

What are you driving these days anyhow? Some RHD bull-****? haha
I live in omaha and drive Jeeps and land rovers..lol....

www.powerlinepartsindustry.com
Old 06-06-2015, 03:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how about the innovative mount axle.? cos im using the IM mount on my h22 swap in eg.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ancient thread bro let it die. Start a new one
Old 07-03-2018, 04:08 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Gator Axles VS Drive shaft shop. (Black00em1)

Originally Posted by tony1
They shouldn't even be compared, DSS is on a whole different level. DSS
This man is correct, the Gator Axles referred to here are Stage II rated at 450HP and are $380 per set. The DSS Axles referred to here are rated over 700HP and are $1800 per set. Your talking apples to oranges for sure. Both are excellent axle sets in their price and HP range so simply buy the set that fits your application!
The following users liked this post:
Old 07-03-2018, 04:09 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (mike93eh2)

Originally Posted by SPOOLINmatt
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike93eh2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i read through this thread and there were a few people who said they have broke the gator racing HP's........</TD></TR></TABLE>
I don't think HP is the top model anymore, they don't even list that model.
This is correct, the Gator Axles referred to here are Stage II rated at 450HP and are $380 per set. The DSS Axles referred to here are rated over 700HP and are $1800 per set. Your talking apples to oranges for sure. Both are excellent axle sets in their price and HP range so simply buy the set that fits your application!
Old 07-03-2018, 04:11 AM
Trial User

The Gator Axles referred to here are Stage II rated at 450HP and are $380 per set. The DSS Axles referred to here are rated over 700HP and are $1800 per set. Your talking apples to oranges for sure. Both are excellent axle sets in their price and HP range so simply buy the set that fits your application!
Old 07-03-2018, 04:13 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Gator Axles VS Drive shaft shop. (1 2 NV)

This is missleading as the Gator Axles referred to here are "Stage II" rated at 450HP and are $380 per set. The DSS Stage 3 Axles referred to here are rated over 700HP and are $1800 per set. Your talking apples to oranges for sure. Both are excellent axle sets in their price and HP range so simply buy the set that fits your application!
Old 07-03-2018, 04:16 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Gator Axles VS Drive shaft shop. (tony1)

You're right, these should not be compared as the Gator Axles referred to and pictured here are Gator "Stage II" Axles rated at 450HP and are $380 per set. The DSS Stage 3 Axles referred to here are rated over 700HP and are $1800 per set. Your talking apples to oranges for sure. Both are excellent axle sets in their price and HP range so simply buy the set that fits your application!
Old 07-03-2018, 04:20 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by 5thgearburnout
Gator Stage 3 axles are stock parts painted green. If you are thinking about buying gator save yourself some money and buy some reman axles and switch the outer joint to a Acura Vigor joint. The hub change they sell with the stage 3s is circut worx and i think they sell for under $200 but not sure. Green spray paint is also pretty cheap.
In my book coming from a unhappy gator customer save your self the hassle and buy driveshaft shop and be done with it.
These should not even be compared as the Gator Axles referred to and pictured here are Gator "Stage II" Axles rated at 450HP and are $380 per set. The DSS Stage 3 Axles referred to here are rated over 700HP and are $1800 per set. Your talking apples to oranges for sure. Both are excellent axle sets in their price range and HP range so simply buy the set that fits your application!
Old 07-03-2018, 04:23 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by BEEYOND
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1 2 NV &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">heres some visual comparisons

DSS stage 3 VS Gator stage 3
is there any question in your mind now?

Modified by 1 2 NV at 10:41 PM 12/28/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>
Ours broke the same way.... it was Gator top-of-the-line stage 3 i believe... BS those... broke on our 2nd run!!! customer support was bad... all kinds of excuse!!! got DSS...lasted 3 yrs w/o a problem...NO PROBLEM!!! DSS

Gator need to step up and really BEEF up their axles

There should be no questions since these should not be compared; **** the Gator Axles referred to and pictured here are Gator "Stage II" Axles rated at 450HP and are $380 per set. The DSS Stage 3 Axles referred to here are rated over 700HP and are $1800 per set. Your talking apples to oranges for sure. Both are excellent axle sets in their price and HP range so simply buy the set that fits your application!

Last edited by eDoctor; 07-03-2018 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 07-03-2018, 04:32 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Gator Axles VS Drive shaft shop. (buck02)

Originally Posted by B18 CYA
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by buck02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol
really funy how everyone bashes and punds on gators but ive never had one problem with mine neither can cortney!!!! we run them in stock size hubs cort has gone 9.66 i went 9.72 and we never never had one problem ohh well kinda wierd huh. so if he is using stock stuff dayum man we are either good drivers or the stock honda stuff that is painted is magical. lol
but DSS is proven and works i would use it if i changed hubs for sure. also RCV makes most of the stuff for DSS and they make there own also. I hear RCV is the main manufacture for alot of stock and Performance axles they also do ATV axles aswell. there a huge Axle manufacture.</TD></TR></TABLE>

DSS axles now don't require a hub change. Sure, you and Courtney may have gone fast but think of the ratio of snapped axles from Gator to DSS. The success rate of DSS is much greater than Gator.
************************************************** ************************************************** **
Again, You're comparing the Gator Axles referred to and pictured here which are Gator "Stage II" Axles rated at 450HP and are $380 per set. The DSS Stage 3 Axles referred to here are rated over 700HP and are $1800 per set and more. Your talking apples to oranges for sure. Both are excellent axle sets in their price and HP range so simply buy the set that fits your application!
Old 07-03-2018, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts

Eight responses ??? Are you trying to run your post count up ???
Old 07-05-2018, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

WWW.RAXLE.COM
They will make whatever you want.
Old 10-07-2020, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gator Axles VS Drive shaft shop. (5thgearburnout)

Originally Posted by 1 2 NV
i love to help out on this exact same thing. i broke 3 stage 2s including the "HP" which i quote "cannot be broken". so then i upgraded to some stage 3s. they made exactly 6 dyno runs, 6 passes and BOTH broke on the 7th pass in my car. i talked to "gator glenn" on several occassions and he swore by his axles and also swore my car had wore out suspension parts. finally when i told him i hadnt had a DSS axle fail as of yet he got kinda hostile. theres more to this story but that is a pretty fair summary and i could go on and on about the situation but ill be nice.

finally i rectified the situation and bought DSS axles and havent had a failure yet.

my disclaimer is that i run an all motor car and typically are harder on axles than turbo motors but as far as im concerned i wouldnt put those gators under a stock LS.

BTW i have them for sale, brand new axles and hubs with 6 passes on them.

i will admit that glenn was super awesome the first 2 axles, then when i broke the 3rd and paid good money to upgrade to the stage 3s the attitude changed when i broke those.

love ya glenn ::flipping the bird::

Modified by 1 2 NV at 10:42 PM 12/28/2006
I'm the CEO of Gator Axles and Gator Racing Axles in Florida and Missouri... to our competitors who want to smear us, we did not sell Stage II axles in 2006. We only sold medium performance Stage I axles then that were rated at 400hp, if you're using them on a 500hp car of course they would likely fail. We started our Stage II axle line in 2014 for our own line of 550hp high performance axles.
Old 10-07-2020, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

heres some visual comparisons
DSS stage 3 VS Gator stage 3

inner joint stage 2 im pretty sure this was the HP joint that replaced my broken stage 2 which broke the inner joints cage on the axle

a different stage 2

is there any question in your mind now?

Modified by 1 2 NV at 10:41 PM 12/28/2006
I'm the CEO of Gator Axles and Gator Racing Axles in Florida and Missouri... to our competitors who want to smear us, we did not sell Stage II axles in 2006. We only sold medium performance Stage I axles back then that were rated at 400hp, if you're using them on a 500hp car of course they would likely fail. We started our Stage II axle line in 2014 for our own line of 550hp high performance axles. We've never sold Stage III axles. Regards, Gator
Old 10-07-2020, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GatorAxles
I'm the CEO of Gator Axles and Gator Racing Axles in Florida and Missouri... to our competitors who want to smear us, we did not sell Stage II axles in 2006. We only sold medium performance Stage I axles back then that were rated at 400hp, if you're using them on a 500hp car of course they would likely fail. We started our Stage II axle line in 2014 for our own line of 550hp high performance axles. We've never sold Stage III axles. Regards, Gator
Any questions now???
Old 10-07-2020, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gator Axles VS Drive shaft shop. (5thgearburnout)

i love to help out on this exact same thing. i broke 3 stage 2s including the "HP" which i quote "cannot be broken". so then i upgraded to some stage 3s. they made exactly 6 dyno runs, 6 passes and BOTH broke on the 7th pass in my car. i talked to "gator glenn" on several occassions and he swore by his axles and also swore my car had wore out suspension parts. finally when i told him i hadnt had a DSS axle fail as of yet he got kinda hostile. theres more to this story but that is a pretty fair summary and i could go on and on about the situation but ill be nice.

finally i rectified the situation and bought DSS axles and havent had a failure yet.

my disclaimer is that i run an all motor car and typically are harder on axles than turbo motors but as far as im concerned i wouldnt put those gators under a stock LS.

BTW i have them for sale, brand new axles and hubs with 6 passes on them.

i will admit that glenn was super awesome the first 2 axles, then when i broke the 3rd and paid good money to upgrade to the stage 3s the attitude changed when i broke those.

love ya glenn ::flipping the bird::

Modified by 1 2 NV at 10:42 PM 12/28/2006
Old 10-07-2020, 02:42 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Nobody cares about your junk axles. Glenn sold them as stage 2 axles. Nobody cares you built stage 2s in 2014. Your product is junk.
Thet were painted stock axles and you should be ashamed of selling junk like that.
Hell, i had better luckbwith stock axles than Gators.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nobody cares about your junk axles. Glenn sold them as stage 2 axles. Nobody cares you built stage 2s in 2014. Your product is junk.
Thet were painted stock axles and you should be ashamed of selling junk like that.
Hell, i had better luckbwith stock axles than Gators.
You contradict yourself, yes at that time our axles were simply rebooted "stock OEM axles", yet you say you had better luck with "stock OEM axles". Our rebuilt stock OEM axles out performed all others in that $350 price range, especially over other company's $350 aftermarket versions of the axles. It's interesting that we've sold over 10,000 sets of these particular axles and have maintained one of the best reputations in this industry.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by eDoctor
This man is correct, the Gator Axles referred to here are Stage II rated at 450HP and are $380 per set. The DSS Axles referred to here are rated over 700HP and are $1800 per set. Your talking apples to oranges for sure. Both are excellent axle sets in their price and HP range so simply buy the set that fits your application!
Great point, apples to oranges and at totally different price points. Thank you to everyone on this thread as we're honered to be compared to $1800 axles! Best Regards, Gator
Old 10-08-2020, 03:32 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Oh, you want to argue semantics huh? Let me qualify my statement properly so a simp like you can understand.
I had better luck with OEM axles than i did with Gators remanufactured overseas junk with green paint. I hope you can tell the difference.
I never met a person running gator axles in my years of racing. I bought them due to their reputation i had seen based on the internet feedback. I got duped. They were junk.
Gator Glenn wanted to point the finger at everything but his POS axles. I had 0 suspension issues. Poly bushings throughout. No tie rod issues. No ball joint issues. No alignment issues. To top it off my motor was tilted to alleviate any axle alignment issues.
Yes, keep touting your 10k axles sold. DSS sold 10 fold that. Congrats.
Great job bumping a thread that hasn't been touched in 2 years. Looks like it started in 06.

Last edited by 1 2 NV; 10-08-2020 at 03:53 AM.
Old 10-10-2020, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Buy 2.9,5.9,Pro level DSS and never have a problem.. Got it..
Old 01-01-2021, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought a set of gator axles from fast turbo in florida a long time ago.. They were stage 3 or 5 or something and rated to 650hp and had a bigger outer cv spline and needed the accord here in europe hubs. They couldnīt hold 450hp in the streets and broke the snout on the outer cv and bend the spline on the inner cv and they were junk after the first test drive. Never saw the track. Gator was not intrested to stand up for a shitty product ether. Never do business with them.. I didnīt know they were still around.
I ended up going with dss and never had a problem.