Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

fontana speedway to close doors to imports

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fontana speedway to close doors to imports

word on the street is fontana auto club dragway 1/4 mile wants to close their doors to import events . word is that if ifo on the 20th doesnt have a good turnout then no more import events .if anyone here is in the area of socal come down and show your support this weekend bring friends and family doesnt matter if you have a car or not race your moms minivan if you want just show some support. import face off this sunday.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: fontana speedway to close doors to imports

Support the sport

People need to come out rain or shine to show them that we're serious
Old 11-16-2011, 03:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

California is "where it started" yet the biggest ***** of it all.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Closing its doors to imports ????? RIDICULOUS !!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got the memo if you attend this event Parks at FCS is giving everyone hj's under the stands, I believe you have to have his fuel cell in your vehicle , either way its a win win.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So who all is going?
Old 11-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll be there racing the FWD class
Old 11-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This event is to open new events at bakersfield. I believe there will be some track personal from bakers that will be attending the event to see if ifo will hold events more in California. (Bakersfield) So I encourage everyone to come out if you want events in cali, we are in need of least 6 events out here per year.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL @ Word on the street. Need real facts.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a question what the hell is going on out in CALI.

I remember you couldnt talk import racing without talking about you guys. dont get me wrong CALI still set the trend for other chapters in the scene but damn,now this?.

How the hell one of the birth places of drag racing is now closing its tracks. how is turnouts the issue for canceling import events and you guys have some of the biggest import events in the world?. you guys have some of the biggest issues with streetracing so closing the tracks will help?. seems like a bigger issue to me........
Old 11-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

****, InDub is lining up for this deal.

Originally Posted by 90blackcrx
I got the memo if you attend this event Parks at FCS is giving everyone hj's under the stands, I believe you have to have his fuel cell in your vehicle , either way its a win win.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They wont ban imports (all hearsay)...but either way they need a good turn out to keep the sport alive and possibly open Bakersfield back up to the Imports!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

IFO will have a good turn out
Old 11-16-2011, 09:31 PM
GSRcaucAZN78

...more importantly racers, please have your sh*t together and use common sense. Show these track workers we are not all a bunch of idiots. Please practice courtesy staging, if you break, pull out of the groove as quickly and safely as possible, no speeding in the pits, no drinking and racing, no texting and racing, realize there are multiple exits off the strip, realize the strip does eventually end, make sure your crew is not stepping on the beams when lining you up, try to have crew all wear matching shirts, try and get respectable R/Ts.

From what I have been told, the Bakersfield track owner will be at this event to check out IFO and the current Import racing scene in general.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SPOOLINmatt
California is "where it started" yet the biggest ***** of it all.
This may be true but you have to remember that this economy has taken a **** on Cali. We have the highest unemployment rate and highest state taxes, therefore we are brokeass ****'s! None the less, if all goes well, I will be competing in FIS. If not, I shall still go to attend or to run one my daily's just to support.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by locash
****, InDub is lining up for this deal.
wtf ? lol

Originally Posted by HybridMT
...more importantly racers, please have your sh*t together and use common sense. Show these track workers we are not all a bunch of idiots. Please practice courtesy staging, if you break, pull out of the groove as quickly and safely as possible, no speeding in the pits, no drinking and racing, no texting and racing, realize there are multiple exits off the strip, realize the strip does eventually end, make sure your crew is not stepping on the beams when lining you up, try to have crew all wear matching shirts, try and get respectable R/Ts.

From what I have been told, the Bakersfield track owner will be at this event to check out IFO and the current Import racing scene in general.
common sense would be great too.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I can barely drive and talk, who can race and text?

Originally Posted by HybridMT

Old 11-17-2011, 12:58 PM
GSRcaucAZN78

it's been a problem lately. Morons doing their burnout... text... then stage.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by locash
I can barely drive and talk, who can race and text?
tony! his car drives like a cadillac! with all the electronics it probably gives him a hand job on the way down the track. lol just kidding tony.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by area522010
you guys have some of the biggest issues with streetracing so closing the tracks will help?. seems like a bigger issue to me........
yup it is a big issue cali is retarted ya sure the state is broke i understand we house the largest amount of unemployed illegals people on welfare in the country but that has nothing to do with what i am trying to say...

what i am trying to say is, if they have millions of dollars to fund to catch street racers and have their "drag net" program they have or whatever the f they are doing, if they would get smart and open the tracks instead of closing them maybe things would get better..

sure i used to be around back in 99-01+ before it got shitty in ontario street racing my civic lol there was really nothing else to do and i had fun racing was it unsafe yea it sure was but honestly if you go with a group of people who arent dumbasses then really wasnt that bad... it didnt get bad till the fast and furious came out then all these dumb *** kids were pulling their ebrakes in moms car sliding into other cars, thats when i stopped going...

but if cali speedway closes down its racing to imports i will be very dis appointed they already closed down palmdale the only 1/4 track i know of local-ish to me is cali speedway sure we got qualcomm, barona (if its still even open) and irwindale yea sure its fun to go fast 1/8 mile at a time lol NOT but still whatever

i hope this is a joke
Old 11-18-2011, 01:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by siregcivic
yup it is a big issue cali is retarted ya sure the state is broke i understand we house the largest amount of unemployed illegals people on welfare in the country but that has nothing to do with what i am trying to say...

what i am trying to say is, if they have millions of dollars to fund to catch street racers and have their "drag net" program they have or whatever the f they are doing, if they would get smart and open the tracks instead of closing them maybe things would get better..

sure i used to be around back in 99-01+ before it got shitty in ontario street racing my civic lol there was really nothing else to do and i had fun racing was it unsafe yea it sure was but honestly if you go with a group of people who arent dumbasses then really wasnt that bad... it didnt get bad till the fast and furious came out then all these dumb *** kids were pulling their ebrakes in moms car sliding into other cars, thats when i stopped going...

but if cali speedway closes down its racing to imports i will be very dis appointed they already closed down palmdale the only 1/4 track i know of local-ish to me is cali speedway sure we got qualcomm, barona (if its still even open) and irwindale yea sure its fun to go fast 1/8 mile at a time lol NOT but still whatever

i hope this is a joke